Because they would have messed up on the KEYone like the PRIV!!!

Could imagine how big of flop it would be if TCL hadn't made it. We'd probably have camera quality as bad as the Bold 9900.
    eldeadache likes this.
    06-16-17 12:19 PM
    No one will know, lol. The passport and classic were great so who knows.
    06-16-17 12:21 PM
    No one will know, lol. The passport and classic were great so who knows.
    Not according to the reviews of the Classic.
    06-16-17 12:25 PM
    True, having the phone made by the cheapest bidder is working out extremely well.
    falbo, FF22, anon(9742832) and 2 others like this.
    06-16-17 12:36 PM
    Wasn't the PRIV the last "in-house" made device? The DTEK lines were the first outsourced....
    06-16-17 12:38 PM
    Not according to the reviews of the Classic.
    Reviews, really? Every BB10 BlackBerry had poor reviews because of poor app support. Funny how as soon as they start the shift to android everyone loves them. And don't get me wrong, I love my KEYone, and I also loved my passport and classic for different reasons. But reviewers are extremely misleading.
    priceless819 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:45 PM

Could imagine how big of flop it would be if TCL hadn't made it. We'd probably have camera quality as bad as the Bold 9900.
    You are either a great and smart sarcasm or you are Rip Van Winkle who just woke up to a totally different world around him. Read the threads here, this phone is a Titanic but the orchestra is still playing on the deck...
    Last edited by draculito01; 06-16-17 at 01:53 PM.
    andy957, mister2d and kbz1960 like this.
    06-16-17 01:09 PM

You can't tell how bad your photos are if there's no screen to view them on.

I'm glad BlackBerry outsourced device manufacturing-reece.jpg
    06-16-17 01:11 PM
    You are either a great troll or Rip Van Winkle who just woke up to a totally different world around him. Read the threads here, this phone is a Titanic but the orchestra is still playing on the deck...
    It's obviously sarcasm, good sarcasm.

And I must say that I like your Titanic comparison. Very accurate.
    06-16-17 01:13 PM
    Reviews, really? Every BB10 BlackBerry had poor reviews because of poor app support. Funny how as soon as they start the shift to android everyone loves them. And don't get me wrong, I love my KEYone, and I also loved my passport and classic for different reasons. But reviewers are extremely misleading.
    Completely agreed.
    06-16-17 01:13 PM
    You can't tell how bad your photos are if there's no screen to view them on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reece.JPG 
Views:	756 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	425321
    No screen problems with my KEYone...
    06-16-17 02:09 PM
    No screen problems with my KEYone...
    Yet...
    mister2d and LtHavoc21 like this.
    06-16-17 02:30 PM
    I own a PRIV and I'm a bit puzzled by the description of it being a disaster.

It's working very well for me - I actually remember reading of many issues with early Passports (screen lifting, etc) which rather echo some of the KeyONE issues.

So, I wonder if TCL is actually any better.

I had a Classic and it was very solid, for something that had "outdated" specs at launch (ignoring the app gap).
    06-16-17 03:53 PM
    Outsourcing really depends on the manufacturing process and quality controls of the company actually making the K1! I've seen the good and bad of tech companies making products overseas! There's been alot of chatter saying that there's a small percentage of devices that will always fail quality control so here's my question!? What is the degree or an actual number of manufacturing defaults? Curious!?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 04:15 PM
    It's obviously sarcasm, good sarcasm.

And I must say that I like your Titanic comparison. Very accurate.
    You become a Crackberry member a few days after the KEYone is introduced at CES.

Then you carefully start massaging the masses with concerns about the phone and how your 8 year old Nokia is a dream machine even though it is now basically nonfunctional.

Then you start responding on every thread about what a bad phone the KEYone is and best of all you claim that you have ordered one but will not accept delivery of it when it arrives!

Have you ever held one or used one or even seen one? Why are you here? Having some fun? Trolling perhaps? If I am wrong please accept my apologies but if I am right??
    06-16-17 07:24 PM
    So many of us who actually own and use a KEYone get overshadowed by folks who never intended to buy the device in the first place.
    FF22 and Sulaco757 like this.
    06-16-17 07:36 PM
    So many of us who actually own and use a KEYone get overshadowed by folks who never intended to buy the device in the first place.
    Or some intended buyer waiting the right moment to buy who has read a few post and decided to wait for those issues to be fixed
    06-16-17 07:40 PM
    Or many of us that owned a keyone and had the screen fall out or lift in weeks. I couldn't in any good faith recommend this phone to anyone but my worst enemy until they get adhesive under that screen. It's like a ticking time bomb. Hopefully TCL can get this sorted out before long as we can have a wonderful device without a separating screen feature.
    06-16-17 07:50 PM
    You become a Crackberry member a few days after the KEYone is introduced at CES.

Then you carefully start massaging the masses with concerns about the phone and how your 8 year old Nokia is a dream machine even though it is now basically nonfunctional.

Then you start responding on every thread about what a bad phone the KEYone is and best of all you claim that you have ordered one but will not accept delivery of it when it arrives!

Have you ever held one or used one or even seen one? Why are you here? Having some fun? Trolling perhaps? If I am wrong please accept my apologies but if I am right??
    I'm here to make an informed decision (which you do not help with all your fanboy propaganda) about what I am about to buy and when I should do so. And to be sure I know what I should check once I have the phone. When I know that I won't be able to afford another phone for 3-4 years, an informed decision is a must.

I've never stated that my 8-year-old Nokia is a dream machine - if it was, I would not be here. It's just still the most "modern" (yup, sounds bad) phone I could get as 1) Motorola Droids don't work in my country standards 2) previous BBs were not at all interesting to me with a niche OS and 3) Priv is s**t.

Yes, I do comment quite a lot. Still, I comment much less than some apologists (there is one guy who joined when JerryRig released his video and in 2 days got to the amount of posts I have now). But do you know why I bother you? Because I can think on my own (which you can't, your KEYone thinks for you) and write both about good and bad things that phone has (while you can't see anything bad, everything designed on purpose!). And don't worry, I won't be posting anymore after either 1) I get a fully functional KEYone or 2) I give up on a faulty KEYone I end up buying.

And yes, I ordered one. Then cancelled only to order from Amazon as they have the best warranty which is a must with so many issues (that were not designed on purpose, unlike you think). The delivery was expected much later so I waited to see how the issues evolve. Unfortunately, Amazon got KEYone much earlier and shipped it before I realised. I will probably send the courier back.

Or maybe not, because I love this phone. I want it so bad. But at the same time I see (which you can't) it's a farce so far and with no money to lose (maybe you don't know this problem, lucky you!) I'm really afraid to accept it now, especially that I will struggle to find money to buy any good case right now so I might have to risk carrying it naked.

Do you now understand why I am here? No, not having fun at all. It's difficult to have fun at community where very few can think on their own.

TCL made a great mistake not adding the glue. But making this place an official support forum is an even greater mistake.
    MikeX74 and giantrobo like this.
    06-16-17 07:51 PM
    Or some intended buyer waiting the right moment to buy who has read a few post and decided to wait for those issues to be fixed
    Then why would the poster comment something like he enjoys the comparison of the KEYone to the Titanic?
    06-16-17 07:51 PM
    Then why would the poster comment something like he enjoys the comparison of the KEYone to the Titanic?
    I mean I think it's pretty funny. I'm the guy with mine in a UPS coffin back to amazon. If anyone could be upset, it would be me lol. Humor is the cure for tragedy.
    06-16-17 07:53 PM
    I'm here to make an informed decision (which you do not help with all your fanboy propaganda) about what I am about to buy and when I should do so. And to be sure I know what I should check once I have the phone. When I know that I won't be able to afford another phone for 3-4 years, an informed decision is a must.

I've never stated that my 8-year-old Nokia is a dream machine - if it was, I would not be here. It's just still the most "modern" (yup, sounds bad) phone I could get as 1) Motorola Droids don't work in my country standards 2) previous BBs were not at all interesting to me with a niche OS and 3) Priv is s**t.

Yes, I do comment quite a lot. Still, I comment much less than some apologists (there is one guy who joined when JerryRig released his video and in 2 days got to the amount of posts I have now). But do you know why I bother you? Because I can think on my own (which you can't, your KEYone thinks for you) and write both about good and bad things that phone has (while you can't see anything bad, everything designed on purpose!). And don't worry, I won't be posting anymore after either 1) I get a fully functional KEYone or 2) I give up on a faulty KEYone I end up buying.

And yes, I ordered one. Then cancelled only to order from Amazon as they have the best warranty which is a must with so many issues (that were not designed on purpose, unlike you think). The delivery was expected much later so I waited to see how the issues evolve. Unfortunately, Amazon got KEYone much earlier and shipped it before I realised. I will probably send the courier back.

Or maybe not, because I love this phone. I want it so bad. But at the same time I see (which you can't) it's a farce so far and with no money to lose (maybe you don't know this problem, lucky you!) I'm really afraid to accept it now, especially that I will struggle to find money to buy any good case right now so I might have to risk carrying it naked.

Do you now understand why I am here? No, not having fun at all. It's difficult to have fun at community where very few can think on their own.

TCL made a great mistake not adding the glue. But making this place an official support forum is an even greater mistake.
    I hope your Nokia lasts a lot longer.
    06-16-17 08:00 PM
    I mean I think it's pretty funny. I'm the guy with mine in a UPS coffin back to amazon. If anyone could be upset, it would be me lol. Humor is the cure for tragedy.
    I can understand your frustration! But someone who doesn't have the phone, and is not even willing to give it a try before sending it back when he/she receives it????
    06-16-17 08:18 PM

Lol go buy a Nokia 6 and be done with it or the Nokia 9. Go over Android Central and stop trolling us.
    06-16-17 08:20 PM
    Or many of us that owned a keyone and had the screen fall out or lift in weeks. I couldn't in any good faith recommend this phone to anyone but my worst enemy until they get adhesive under that screen. It's like a ticking time bomb. Hopefully TCL can get this sorted out before long as we can have a wonderful device without a separating screen feature.
    I think saying "many" have owned a KEYone and had the screen fall out or lift is an exaggeration. For the relative handful of cases, I feel badly for those owners. I really do. Personally, I do not view my KEYone as a ticking time bomb. It's not perfect, but I am still quite happy I purchased mine.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:37 PM
42 12