I have gone through the hardware tests suggested by blackberry and they have all passed. I am reluctant to do a factory reset, which is the last resort (although I have backed up data). Can anyone suggest a solution? Is there a 3rd party dialler app that I could test out? I don't want to send it off for repair as I would be without a phone. I don't have extended warranty or insurance, although I've only had my phone for 12 months (purchased on 5th Feb 2018). Thank you.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-03-19 07:21 AM
    I have gone through the hardware tests suggested by blackberry and they have all passed. I am reluctant to do a factory reset, which is the last resort (although I have backed up data). Can anyone suggest a solution? Is there a 3rd party dialler app that I could test out? I don't want to send it off for repair as I would be without a phone. I don't have extended warranty or insurance, although I've only had my phone for 12 months (purchased on 5th Feb 2018). Thank you.
    I had this problem on my other ketone, it seems nobody knows exactly why this happens. It has to be a software glitch, the mic is being muted for some reason. It's almost like nobody wants to acknowledge this problem which is disturbing
    03-03-19 08:45 AM
    Mine did that. Blackberry told me to do a wipe. Did nothing but waste a few hours of my time. I told them it didn't help. He said thanks and closed the file. I was not happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-19 12:35 PM
    factory reset is the last hurrah...

I recall this very same misery with my HP Pre³ and only resolved after finding a neat little app called "that dastardly speakerphone" which neatly supplied a toggle between speakers when it got stuck...

But that was for webOS

Also, look for pocket lint stuck in the 3.5mm headphone jack...
    03-03-19 12:35 PM
    I had this same thing happen to me. Did the factory reset as per BB Mobile request, and that didn't change a thing. Had to send it in for repair. They ended up changing the whole motherboard because the earpiece was dead. Took about 2 weeks, but thankfully it was under warranty still. Sorry.
    03-04-19 06:08 PM
    I had this problem as well once. for me it was just a matter of pressing hard on the earpiece.. I believe the connector was not tight enough or something. try it before just to make sure it's not just a bad connection..
    03-09-19 10:20 AM
    I had this problem as well once. for me it was just a matter of pressing hard on the earpiece.. I believe the connector was not tight enough or something. try it before just to make sure it's not just a bad connection..
    I agree. I dropped my phone and the earpiece quit working. I held the phone with one hand and hit the palm of my other hand pretty hard with the earpiece end of my phone a few times and the earpiece started working again and I have had no further problems. So, I too think it is a loose connection.
    03-09-19 11:43 AM