I'll keep this short and to the point. I own a KeyOne. I enjoy using it. Is it perfect? No. But, at a price considerably less than an iPhone or Galaxy device, I never expected it to be. We've all read the plethora of whiny and negative comments and posts in these forums regarding the KeyOne launch. Some of these comments are certainly legitimate, but many many more just come off as attempts by the author to be heard, to "fit in". Being heard is not a bad thing, but when you whine and moan about a person, company, or product to help you feel like your "fitting in", then you are doing an injustice to that product. If this is the last BlackBerry branded device we see, if the PKB is in its final days, people who have attempted to "fit in" are to blame, not a company or a product. I, for one, wouldn't hesitate to buy another BlackBerry if it is as good as the KeyOne. So long as it stays considerably cheaper than the next Galaxy or iPhone device.
    07-08-17 11:01 AM
    I've already seen 3 people who have been saying "dropped mine! No issues here. Screen still on. Had for 2 months, runs perfect, screen is still on etc etc"

Reported their screens falling out.

Just saying bro - kinda strange you'd think it would be the end user that has killed the launch instead of bbmobile loll

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and anon(9742832) like this.
    07-08-17 11:15 AM
    blabla did not read. how is the consumer responsible for that lol. Stop trying to justify everything, thats ridiculous
    07-08-17 11:16 AM
    There was no launch, only partial release.
    07-08-17 11:18 AM
    These types of complaints exist for all phones. Go spend time reading Android and Windows forums, it's not a love fest there either. People will always complain about something. So what. No one says that we have to read it. We do have a choice in that.

Personally I believe that BB has killed BB, not the consumer. But that's my opinion.
    07-08-17 11:22 AM
    I've already seen 3 people who have been saying "dropped mine! No issues here. Screen still on. Had for 2 months, runs perfect, screen is still on etc etc"

Reported their screens falling out.

Just saying bro - kinda strange you'd think it would be the end user that has killed the launch instead of bbmobile loll

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a problem with people reporting a screen failure. That's kind of what they are supposed to do.

I do have a problem with how certain Crackberry 'industry analysts' some of whom have never even held a keyone are interpreting this and creating a storm where it doesn't exist.

I'm not going to repeat the refutations because the matter has been pretty much settled in another thread.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12954117

Ultimately though they will only ever be a mild irritation and are not to be taken too seriously.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    Hmm, I am having problem picturing out bright people trying to fit in the 'anti fitting in' wave.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    There was no launch, only partial release.
    The unlocked version is not available yet in Canada lol
    07-08-17 11:24 AM
    Speaking of launches, I think BlackBerry launches are overly criticized.

BlackBerry has not had a good launch in a lonnnnnnng time. Passport was a weak. Priv was a weak. KeyOne is weak. But guess what? I don't care. BlackBerry is a different company these days. They are no longer a player in the mobile smartphone biz and will probably never be again. They can't crank out a million phones and have a gala like other companies for every release. At this point - it is what it is. BlackBerry is a company that, among other things, makes smartphones for a niche group of consumers. At the end of the day, if they create a phone that I personally like, I will attempt to buy one and I could care less about the number of phones manufactured at launch. It's irrelevant to me. If that means I have to wait longer to get my hands on a phone... so be it.
    07-08-17 11:28 AM
    The K1 launch was poorly executed by TCL, and remains quite the debacle.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    anon(9742832) and mister2d like this.
    07-08-17 11:40 AM
    The K1 launch was poorly executed by TCL, and remains quite the debacle.

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    It's not just the launch but the chain of events before and after it as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 11:45 AM
    I think its safe to say that these sort of comments are pretty much on par throughought all the forums and its not just BB but there are negs and pos's for every device. The opinion that is the most important is your own. Never make assumptions based on the status quo but rather take your own. I really don't put alot of weight on whats being said. I love BB keyboard devices and my K1 has had ZERO issues.
    MrScotian and rarsen like this.
    07-08-17 12:24 PM
    Loving my KeyONE!
    07-08-17 12:33 PM
    So long as it stays considerably cheaper than the next Galaxy or iPhone device.
    Thing is, those two companies keep pushing the envelope when it comes to how much people are willing to pay for a top of the line smartphone these days. Frankly it amazes me that people buy such overpriced tech. Just a few years ago a top of the line smartphone would cost around $500 i.e. roughly the price of the K1. In my opinion no smartphone is worth over $600.
    07-08-17 02:22 PM
    Is that "your" or "you're" fitting in?
    07-08-17 02:31 PM
    The launch was a joke except for Kevin who rescued it.
    07-08-17 02:33 PM
    **** you grammar *****.
    07-08-17 02:58 PM
    I think its safe to say that these sort of comments are pretty much on par throughought all the forums and its not just BB but there are negs and pos's for every device. The opinion that is the most important is your own. Never make assumptions based on the status quo but rather take your own. I really don't put alot of weight on whats being said. I love BB keyboard devices and my K1 has had ZERO issues.
    Like everything every produced.................some are perfect some not.............I think the writer has other issues. The phone is what it is..............a phone
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-09-17 12:04 PM
    Every manufacture need to watch their launch of new devices and make corrections as needed to keep the device selling. At least TCL responded to the screen issue not like other launches. As for other complaints sometimes it's user fault not the device itself. I just picked up the S8 Plus a few months ago and don't have any of the issues that are in the forums at all. If there was a physical keyone I could try I would be able to make a decision but until then the s8 and my classic will do.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 12:34 PM
    There was no launch
    perfect. lol
    07-09-17 01:16 PM
    So if the major discourse is to be critical, by acknowledging something is bad, we are just fitting in and making it worse?

If we extend your argument, by saying the Holocaust is bad we're just fitting in and making it worse because there's a handful of people who think it wasn't as bad as we think it is?

To expect greatness from the potential last PKB device is not out of line nor is it just due to false consensus.

The launch, objectively, was trash. They announced this phone officially in February and we're almost half a year later and we're still waiting on global availability with unlocked still not available in Canada? Come on. Think objectively.
    mister2d and j21jam6 like this.
    07-09-17 01:30 PM
    So if the major discourse is to be critical, by acknowledging something is bad, we are just fitting in and making it worse?

If we extend your argument, by saying the Holocaust is bad we're just fitting in and making it worse because there's a handful of people who think it wasn't as bad as we think it is?

To expect greatness from the potential last PKB device is not out of line nor is it just due to false consensus.

The launch, objectively, was trash. They announced this phone officially in February and we're almost half a year later and we're still waiting on global availability with unlocked still not available in Canada? Come on. Think objectively.
    You're bringing up the Holocaust? Really?

Really????

Wow... just wow.
    scott8629 and terminatorx like this.
    07-09-17 01:49 PM
    You're bringing up the Holocaust? Really?

Really????

Wow... just wow.
    Stupid opinions call for stupid examples.
    07-09-17 02:18 PM
    Stupid opinions call for stupid examples.
    Stupid examples? Have you lost your mind? You could have made an analogy with politics, or sports, or anything... but the Holocaust? Unreal!
    07-09-17 02:32 PM
    Some here are still waiting for the K1 with properly glued screens. LOL
    diesel0110 and mister2d like this.
    07-09-17 08:06 PM
46 12