So much of this phone is great but zero advancement, regression even, has happened to personal assistants IMO.

I use to get things done while driving just talking to my BB Classic. Wow, I never realized how well BB Assistant did things for me.

Google and Cortana have no verbal follow through or read back confirmation at all. This requires you to look and tap at your phone, not good when driving, horrible actually.

Another annoying thing is that neither Google nor Cortana will send reminders to Keep/OneNote or Calendar. They have a separate 'reminders' area in phone only. That makes no sense for someone that uses reminders often at and during different work settings.

Google refuses to recognize BB HUB as an email app, Google thinks the HUB is a Note app instead. At least Cortana recognizes the HUB for sending emails but it also has zero prompting; it just opens a blank new email and stops.

Such a sad state of affairs personal assistants are. I thought for sure the Keyone, being a 'popular' type phone (android), would have amazing, near seamless assistants now, not so.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-14-17 11:21 PM
    06-14-17 11:44 PM
    Is this with or without disabling things at random?
    With no blocking at all, full permission everywhere.
    06-14-17 11:49 PM
    With no blocking at all, full permission everywhere.
    I use my iPhone for all that because I can't figure out how to do those things on my Priv and future KeyOne (arriving this week). I'd love solutions as well.
    06-15-17 01:28 AM
    Don't forget to set your apps like the hub as a default. if you don't, the phone doesn't know, unless you're using Gmail.

Remember, the hub is a 3rd party app on Android, as such, you have to treat it like that.
    06-15-17 02:03 AM
    Does not matter, there is no way to force set any default apps for Cortana or Google Assistant to use; either they recognize the 3rd party app or they don't, and they recognize very few.

Getting hands free work done is poorly done in android and I am pretty surprised at this fact.
    06-15-17 10:12 AM
    My favourite part of BlackBerry Assistant was typing out commands from the home screen.
    Brai7 likes this.
    06-15-17 10:46 AM
    We got to move these - YouTubers -
    We got to move these slab touchscreens
    Look at that
    That's the way you do it
    Money for nothing and your apps for free
    I want my
    I want my blackberry
    06-15-17 10:51 AM
    My favourite part of BlackBerry Assistant was typing out commands from the home screen.
    You can do that on KEYone. It's a little slow, but it works.
    06-15-17 10:52 AM
    You can do that on KEYone. It's a little slow, but it works.
    Well no not exactly. You can set it as device search which yes, is very slow. But BB10's assistant had other features baked it, such as typing "tweet" followed by your message, and you could tweet something from there without opening up the app. Or "remember" was one I believe too. So if you were in a meeting you could always access assistant silently.
    06-15-17 11:07 AM
    So sad that yet again BB has let us down. what is the point of an assistant who won't read your emails or calendar. I do miss my Passport. Why is it always a battle to get android BB to do anything productive useful. BB is supposed to be about business but the private isnt, I haven't dared to go any further because of the limitations of the is and user interface.
    12-17-17 05:54 PM
    So sad that yet again BB has let us down. what is the point of an assistant who won't read your emails or calendar. I do miss my Passport. Why is it always a battle to get android BB to do anything productive useful. BB is supposed to be about business but the private isnt, I haven't dared to go any further because of the limitations of the is and user interface.
    I used BB10 for 2.5 years exclusively, but can do rings around it with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

You just need to learn new ways of doing things. Some are worse, but most are better.

BTW, if I ask Assistant to read out my appointments for tomorrow, it will.
    12-17-17 05:57 PM
    new things are why I went to the Priv. Do you use a Gmail account for your calendar? The G assistant won't read any of my calendar, but I don't use Gmail in it, I use outlook and a private address. the same in the hub and my emails. I would love to get it to work, but can't find out how. I shouldn't have to all this effort for basic tasks.
    12-17-17 06:17 PM
    Not to hijack the thread, but are there any good local assistants that will function with voice commands by pushing the microphone button only instead of constantly listening for keywords?
    12-17-17 09:39 PM
    Not to hijack the thread, but are there any good local assistants that will function with voice commands by pushing the microphone button only instead of constantly listening for keywords?
    Pretty sure you can set up the Google Assistant this way.
    12-17-17 10:50 PM
    Pretty sure you can set up the Google Assistant this way.
    Yeah.. I was trying to avoid going the google route though.. I feel like I want less google with my Blackberry
    12-17-17 11:51 PM
    Best I found is Dragon Mobile Assistant. It's older but it did what I wanted when I was trying all sorts of assistants out.

Problem is it simply is not as good at what BB Assistant did.
    12-19-17 12:40 PM
    Best I found is Dragon Mobile Assistant. It's older but it did what I wanted when I was trying all sorts of assistants out.

Problem is it simply is not as good at what BB Assistant did.
    Daaaaamn not available in my country (Canada).

Is there any way to side load it? You can PM me if this is too off topic for the thread
    Last edited by Behumblebitchsitdown; 12-19-17 at 02:01 PM. Reason: grammar
    12-19-17 02:01 PM
    I never used BlackBerry 10 Assistant because it was too darn slow
    12-20-17 01:23 AM