...and just load Android onto the PPSE. It's clearly what people want, and PPSE is such a nice looking hardware to goto waste. Besides by doing this Blackberry saves on having to develop a brand new hardware and all the expenses to follow. What do you guys think?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-15-16 10:33 PM
    SD801? Doubt it
    03-15-16 10:52 PM
    Are you on some type of illeagle substance.
    03-15-16 11:17 PM
    Or if they can, give customers the choice of OS. Although to be honest, it'll likely at least double the amount of development and testing effort, which I don't think BBRY can afford right now.
    03-15-16 11:37 PM
    ...and just load Android onto the PPSE. It's clearly what people want, and PPSE is such a nice looking hardware to goto waste. Besides by doing this Blackberry saves on having to develop a brand new hardware and all the expenses to follow. What do you guys think?

Too wide.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-16-16 01:41 AM
    Work wide.

anon(9721458) and ayngling like this.
    03-16-16 01:44 AM

"What people want" is subject to the fickleness of the BlackBerry crowd, and if CB is anything to go on, BlackBerry are better off burning piles of cash than listening to this calamity of a forum.

The Venn diagram of customers for "phone the size of the USS Iowa" and "BlackBerry Android phone" is a minuscule subset of two small enough segments anyway.
    03-16-16 01:57 AM
    Passport with Android is what people want? Are you kidding me?

 📱📶
    so crow, Bbnivende and Smokeaire like this.
    03-16-16 02:36 AM
    Id love to give android a chance on my passport. Even if some apps had to scale or letterbox, as long as I had the wide screen for hacking out emails or bbms, I would love to keep this device and try out a new OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 11:40 AM
    I think BlackBerry should just cancel the Vienna...

03-17-16 11:51 AM
    It's clearly what people want,

Clear as mud.
    03-17-16 12:03 PM
    Haha. Jokes on you! The Vienna has already been cancelled.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-17-16 12:39 PM
    Passport is a niche form factor. A long classic will sell much better. I have no interest in a square phone.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-18-16 08:46 AM
    Pretty sure 'Vienna' was cancelled some time ago.

No more devices.

03-18-16 12:13 PM
    Yep, the Vienna is almost certainly never going to see the light of day. In fact, I'll be very surprised if we ever see another phone made by BlackBerry. They may license the BlackBerry name out for what little it's worth and get a few phones released by some small Chinese manufacturer.
    03-18-16 12:46 PM
    Size = nah
    3-row keyboard = *barf*

Not for me.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-18-16 02:08 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's already been cancelled, bruh.
    03-18-16 02:11 PM
    That's what I heard last night...

Too wide.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 02:19 PM
    Believe nothing that you hear . . . . "I also carry very high hopes for the Classic, and I’ve spoken with a lot of people that want it … so I think we will have another iteration on that" - John Chen, 2014.
    03-18-16 03:34 PM
    I would not go for a Android version of Passport. Because of the size I'm thinking about getting a Classic. If BB put out a Android version of the Classic I would jump on it (maybe). I like my Passport but it is cumbersome for me to hold.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-18-16 03:45 PM
    Here we go again. Where do you people come up with these wild fairy tales. BB10 IS DEAD!!!!!!! BB is dead but for some reason keeps gasping for air. It's been one screw up after another. One dud after another, One bad idea after another. Turn off the lights and lock the door on your way out. Yeah, I know, I'm the bad guy. I and millions of others have moved on. We did this because BB phuqed us with the PB and this has PB written all over it. It'll end and when it does we'll all have the same BS that happened when you all found out that the PB was nothing more than a glass placemat. It suks but it's inevitable. Disagree all you like. I am not searching for approval and I am sure I am right. Oh, you can challenge me but in the end you will move to iOS or you will move to Android. Funny part is, you all slammed both of those platforms just a few short years ago. How crappy, laggy, simplistic, outdated blah, blah,blah they both are. Yet today there is no more BB10. Oh, you may have it on a device but there are no more updates. There is only maintenance and that is the sound of death!!
    Tim Smith2 likes this.
    03-18-16 04:17 PM
    IIRC, there were leaks of the Passport SE (then nicknamed "Oslo and "Dallas;" I suspect "Dallas" was the Android version of the Passport SE) running Android along with the same skin that later came with the Priv. Apparently it was ultimately cancelled because Google's guidelines state that screen ratios of 1:1 can only be for Android Wear devices.
    03-18-16 06:59 PM
    ...and just load Android onto the PPSE. It's clearly what people want.......

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! ROTLF!!! Yeah, a PP with Android....just what I always wanted! Ha!

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv. STV100-1.
    03-18-16 09:03 PM
    Yep, the Vienna is almost certainly never going to see the light of day. In fact, I'll be very surprised if we ever see another phone made by BlackBerry. They may license the BlackBerry name out for what little it's worth and get a few phones released by some small Chinese manufacturer.
    Oh my God... This is the one thing I hope I never would have to see... Licensing the Blackberry brand to Chinese OEM phone makers? That would trash everything...

03-21-16 03:14 AM
    Thorsten Heins tried that, the Canadian government shut it down.

Shame, since the Chinese were the only ones considering taking BB up on their licensing offer.
    03-21-16 03:49 AM
34 12