Any chance I can get a spare and fix this?
    It still works, but man, it's so ugly and kind of harder to press.
    09-09-18 11:23 PM
    You can get a replacement, but you'll likely end up buying more parts than you need to in order to get it unless you get a scrapped piece off eBay.
    09-10-18 08:49 AM
    Phone sold for parts is probable the best option...
    09-10-18 09:18 AM
    I would not even attempt at getting to the volume button. It certainly requires removing the back cover and then the battery and I'm still not sure it would easy to get at the button. Will check on a parts phone I have later tonight and get back to you.
    Attached Thumbnails I smashed the volume control button.-24585.jpg  
    09-10-18 07:55 PM
    I posted earlier that it might be difficult to access the volume button but as I have determined it's actually fairly easy. You have to remove the back cover and then remove the two screws as indicated in the photo below which will allow you to pull out the side enough to access the button and replace. No need to take out the battery.
    Attached Thumbnails I smashed the volume control button.-25234.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-18 04:00 AM
    I posted earlier that it might be difficult to access the volume button but as I have determined it's actually fairly easy. You have to remove the back cover and then remove the two screws as indicated in the photo below which will allow you to pull out the side enough to access the button and replace. No need to take out the battery.
    Hi, thank you for your reply! Where may I find the spare button? Thanks!
    09-15-18 04:18 PM
    Hi, thank you for your reply! Where may I find the spare button? Thanks!
    Send me your address via Private Message and I'll pop one in the mail for you.
    jamesharmeling and FF22 like this.
    09-15-18 04:20 PM
    Send me your address via Private Message and I'll pop one in the mail for you.
    That's very kind from you, but I live in Uruguay, South America LOL. Lemme check international post costs and I'll send you a private message. Thanks.
    09-15-18 04:30 PM
    Don't worry about the postage. Once you receive the button buy the person sitting next to you in the bar a cold cerveza.
    09-15-18 04:34 PM
    Don't worry about the postage. Once you receive the button buy the person sitting next to you in the bar a cold cerveza.
    Would you mind checking inbox
    09-22-18 08:45 PM
    Would you mind checking inbox
    The item you see on eBay is for the cable that runs from the motherboard to the volume and convenience buttons. Unless you have somehow damaged the cable there would no reason to change it. This is what I would be sending you: it is just the button itself which is not attached to the cable.

If the cable is damaged replacement would require motherboard and battery removal along with all the fun!

Another issue is that if you struck the volume key hard enough to break it there is a chance that the micro switches attached to the cable may have been damaged. To test them follow the procedure I gave you to remove the button, then replace the side piece without the button and test the switches with a toothpick.
    Attached Thumbnails I smashed the volume control button.-img_20180922_215933.jpg  
    Last edited by yamahammer; 09-23-18 at 03:42 PM.
    09-23-18 01:07 PM
    Help! Those two screws don't seem to to pull the side. I have my phone open and this looks like a mission impossible.
    10-15-18 10:43 AM
    Help! Those two screws don't seem to to pull the side. I have my phone open and this looks like a mission impossible.
    So did you get it done? Nothing is impossible!
    10-15-18 08:34 PM