Unfortunately, like other first-batchers, my screen had begun to separate on the bottom right-hand corner. After a week or so of noticing it, the display had completely separated from the body. Blackberry Mobile had offered to replace the phone, however they would need to hold $550 on a credit card for security reasons. Totally understandable.

Unfortunately, I ran into car troubles and don't have that amount on me at this moment.

Because of this, I decided to return my phone to Amazon (who decided to bend the rules and allow the return for a full refund after the 30-day return window). I cannot stand using a phone where the display is held on by Scotch tape. I am aware of the fix-it-yourself method, however I don't feel I should be the one fixing it after just over a month of use.

I've been eyeing the OnePlus 5 and have done a lot of research. I'll probably buy this phone. I wish the Nokia 6 had a USB-C port instead of the MicroUSB. It's a new phone, and that's pretty unacceptable.

I loved the KeyOne while I had it. The physical keyboard was fantastic, and the performance was good (not bad or great). Hopefully I'll come back when the next model is released, and the hardware quirks are fixed. Those soft-touch buttons are such an old technology, that even Samsung has done away with them!

It was a fun ride, Blackberry Mobile and TCL. Hopefully I'll be able to experience it again in the future.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-13-17 02:05 PM
    I did the same thing OP. Sad but it is what it is.
    07-13-17 02:13 PM
    The oneplus 5 has something off with their screen OP did you read about that - it's called "jelly scrolling". If you're ok with that then go for it.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-13-17 02:35 PM
    get a Priv! you won't be disappointed
    krazyatom and Nathan Conley like this.
    07-13-17 02:50 PM
    Fake Bla1ze? Lol

Posted with my  Classic
    stlabrat and super_rigel like this.
    07-13-17 03:06 PM
    Unfortunately, like other first-batchers, my screen had begun to separate on the bottom right-hand corner. After a week or so of noticing it, the display had completely separated from the body. Blackberry Mobile had offered to replace the phone, however they would need to hold $550 on a credit card for security reasons. Totally understandable.

Unfortunately, I ran into car troubles and don't have that amount on me at this moment.

Because of this, I decided to return my phone to Amazon (who decided to bend the rules and allow the return for a full refund after the 30-day return window). I cannot stand using a phone where the display is held on by Scotch tape. I am aware of the fix-it-yourself method, however I don't feel I should be the one fixing it after just over a month of use.

I've been eyeing the OnePlus 5 and have done a lot of research. I'll probably buy this phone. I wish the Nokia 6 had a USB-C port instead of the MicroUSB. It's a new phone, and that's pretty unacceptable.

I loved the KeyOne while I had it. The physical keyboard was fantastic, and the performance was good (not bad or great). Hopefully I'll come back when the next model is released, and the hardware quirks are fixed. Those soft-touch buttons are such an old technology, that even Samsung has done away with them!

It was a fun ride, Blackberry Mobile and TCL. Hopefully I'll be able to experience it again in the future.
    Hello and last year I returned my wife's Note 7 after the fiasco and it was resetting and getting warm! But when she had no doubt in getting same brand replacement. These things happen. So now that you have cash back what's holding you back from a device you like Re KeyOne? because you returned one ? When BlackBerryMobile has admitted and corrected issue with a new batch of devices. If you prefer to go towards a device dubbed the android copy of iPhone 7 with a screen with issues plus other incidents that's your choice. I rather with finally something different, innovative and a battery life nobody that is incredible. good luck
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-13-17 03:30 PM

See ya later! All the best!
    psychofox13 likes this.
    07-13-17 03:37 PM
    Hello and last year I returned my wife's Note 7 after the fiasco and it was resetting and getting warm! But when she had no doubt in getting same brand replacement. These things happen. So now that you have cash back what's holding you back from a device you like Re KeyOne? because you returned one ? When BlackBerryMobile has admitted and corrected issue with a new batch of devices. If you prefer to go towards a device dubbed the android copy of iPhone 7 with a screen with issues plus other incidents that's your choice. I rather with finally something different, innovative and a battery life nobody that is incredible. good luck
    The reason I won't be purchasing another KeyOne is because I need an Android phone ASAP. I cannot wait for Amazon or BestBuy to get their stock back, which currently has an ETA of "Throughout Summer". My backup Windows Phone (Lumia 950, love it) is, unfortunately, lacking many of the features and apps that I require for my work.

The reason I'm choosing the OnePlus 5 is because I have always been interested in the brand, and feel like taking their next latest-and-greatest (which is almost $100 less than the KeyOne) for a test drive. I have 15 days, no hassle return with them. If I don't like it, I'll return it within those 15 days and get the LG V20, which is even cheaper than that now. Plus, the OnePlus 5 is rootable, and the OS is completely open source. If I wanted to, I can customize and fix the minor bugs that I may or may not run into. OnePlus is very developer friendly.

I understand that Blackberry Mobile has admitted and corrected the issue, and I'm not saying they're awful for having this issue in the first place. I understand that the first batch of anything will have issues, like the many iPhones, Samsungs, HTC's, LG's, Xbox's, PlayStations, etc. Things get fixed in later builds of the device. This is normal technology advancement, and has been since the dawn of mass production.

As for the OnePlus 5 being an iPhone 7 copy, that is completely untrue. The only thing similar would be the camera and LED flash placement. Nothing else is similar. I have done my research. Plus, the iPhone 7 still costs about $350-$500 more than the OnePlus 5. Definitely no comparison.

If you've read even past my first paragraph, you'd now that I harbor no distrust with TCL or Blackberry Mobile. I simply cannot wait for another uncertain time frame for stock to be replenished with new devices.

Thank you for your input, though!
    07-13-17 04:29 PM
    I would rather go back to my HTC EVO 4G on Sprints non-WiMAX network.
    07-13-17 04:30 PM
    07-13-17 04:50 PM
    07-13-17 05:03 PM
    I can surely understand why you can't wait and wish you luck on your next device.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-13-17 05:19 PM
    I got lucky I guess. my screen came off and they just sent me replacement no hold just shipped me a new one
    07-13-17 05:20 PM
    OP, I am sorry for your troubles. But frankly, I might have taken the same route in your circumstances. For all I know, I may have to do so. Obviously, I hope not.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 06:45 PM
    Ouch! Hopefully, you WILL be able to experience another fun BlackBerry ride in the future.
    NightFire likes this.
    07-13-17 07:02 PM
    Have you considered getting a budget Android to hold you over? They're not bad these days.

I use a ZTE Zmax pro with a 6" 1080p screen. It's like $100. Not really any slower than the KeyOne and it's my 2nd backup phone.

I do understand the stockouts are crazy. They should have ramped production up by now.
    07-13-17 10:03 PM
    Fake Bla1ze? Lol

Posted with my  Classic
    Lol indeed
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-13-17 10:06 PM
    Have you considered getting a budget Android to hold you over? They're not bad these days.

I use a ZTE Zmax pro with a 6" 1080p screen. It's like $100. Not really any slower than the KeyOne and it's my 2nd backup phone.

I do understand the stockouts are crazy. They should have ramped production up by now.
    Well I had the LG G5, but I literally sold it a few days before my display fell out. I really really wish the Nokia 6 wasn't MicroUSB. I was thinking about it with the Amazon Prime discount, and just deal with the ads until someone roots the phone or finds a workaround. It's a solidly spec'd phone, and it's built like a tank. Just that dang MicroUSB.

I haven't looked too much into ZTE. Not since the huge issue with some Chinese phones sending sensitive user data back to China.
    07-13-17 10:55 PM
    didn't know screen was held only by scotch tape.
    07-14-17 02:49 AM

Buy Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 03:08 AM
    Returned mine too. I'll grab one again, once the reinforced screen has been on the shelf for a while
    07-14-17 05:29 AM
    this is why I've kept my Classic, it's a backup phone in case I need to send the keyone back on warranty.
    07-14-17 06:38 AM
    Buy Passport

Posted via CB10
    this is why I've kept my Classic, it's a backup phone in case I need to send the keyone back on warranty.
    This is why I kept my Lumia 950. I need an Android phone though.
    07-14-17 09:52 AM
    I purchased mine off of Amazon from TCL on 6/27. I started a return process last evening, and Ron @ TCL contacted me about an exchange for 1 from the new batch. It's being sent out Fedex, and I should get it Tue. I had to give a CC, and he gave me the address to send it to in TX, and then they won't charge my card for the new one, plus shipping costs I incur returning my old one. I'm a happy camper so far.
    bakron1 and stlabrat like this.
    07-14-17 02:13 PM
    I purchased mine off of Amazon from TCL on 6/27. I started a return process last evening, and Ron @ TCL contacted me about an exchange for 1 from the new batch. It's being sent out Fedex, and I should get it Tue. I had to give a CC, and he gave me the address to send it to in TX, and then they won't charge my card for the new one, plus shipping costs I incur returning my old one. I'm a happy camper so far.
    Hi, you started a return process with Amazon and TCL contacted you? How did TCL know?
    07-14-17 05:01 PM
43 12