03-12-18 12:05 PM
69 123
tools
    My wife Keyone fell on the kitchen floor, screen broke apart; clearly first batch of Keyone with no glue. Took it to local Rogers store for repair. The very friendly salesperson told us flat out "every time a customer ask about BlackBerry I tell them to buy another device."

TCL sold 850,000 and likely prevented a higher number of units sold based on that type testimonials from these employees who do not want customers coming back screaming at them because of poor built quality. First impressions tend to last forever...of course, TCL has since addressed the issue. However, that employee is not convinced.
    03-06-18 02:33 PM
    Yes first impressions are tough get past... problem is that at this point it's the last eight years of impressions.
    TCM01, anon(9188202) and elfabio80 like this.
    03-06-18 02:45 PM
    8 years... Built quality was much better then.. for now she's back on her trusted well built reliable Q10..
    TCM01 likes this.
    03-06-18 03:09 PM
    Definitely disappointing but nothing that new. Most of the carriers have been ignoring for awhile lately.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-18 03:27 PM
    When I was pre-ordering my Motion ~ the store didn't even know that they were carrying it the next day. And that the Bell CSR directed us to visit the store to book it a day prior. I had to call the CSR from the store and meet the manager to book mine.
    03-06-18 03:52 PM
    I stopped by my local AT&T store in January. They never heard of the KEYone. I mentioned the Space Black exclusive to AT&T.....not a clue.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    Qorax and TCM01 like this.
    03-06-18 04:55 PM
    Honestly, I think those store people play dumb, because they want to sell other phones.
    03-06-18 05:07 PM
    Honestly, I think those store people play dumb, because they want to sell other phones.
    Most store folks just want happy customers buying expensive phones and services. They are loyal to any brand they think will help them achieve those two goals.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-06-18 05:12 PM
    Yes, and the likelihood of sales incentives + target commission on device volumes.
    TCM01 likes this.
    03-06-18 05:14 PM
    Yes, and the likelihood of sales incentives + target commission on device volumes.
    Can you blame them? It’s their job at stake, not a hobby..
    john_v and pdr733 like this.
    03-06-18 05:35 PM
    Not blaming them at all, it's part of capitalism, which I believe in. Just stating one of the many factors of this great system.
    03-06-18 05:49 PM
    Isn't Bestbuy closing their small stores in US? BBMo should just get few, to open BB store in big city. at least in Washington, NY and chicago for example. California is a diffiicult nut to crack- full of folk with relations to google or apple, a friend or relative, or customer...etc. you can find them in starbucks. not the googler or appleby, they got free food... but the "related" folks... found that out in BB10 days - in a carrier store...
    airport and capital hill might be good... with proper accessory to go with it (brand accessory for unique city/country would be nice... - collectable... such as similar to my few apple t-shirt - too bad they are no longer hand out any when new store open). you have sales force that can teach how to use capacitive keyboard, hitten gem, may be for a set fee to upgrade to BB software, collection of ringtone, etc.etc. better support for business users (plus repair house nearby... people can drop off the phone and pick up after a week or few days for a fee).
    03-06-18 08:06 PM
    Do you have any idea how many phones they'd have to sell to pay to keep a store open, much less initial costs? Even Samsung doesn't have their own stores.

It's a nice concept, but it's just not practical. It also wouldn't solve the problems of build quality or software issues (both reasons why the carriers are reluctant to sell BB phones).

What really needs to happen is that BBMo and BB need to solve those problems and build a solid track record of quality devices that are well-supported (but need relatively little support) so that the "problems/returns per phones sold" ratio is way, way down. THAT is what will get carriers more interested in BB-branded devices.

Carriers don't really care what devices they sell as long as those devices sell service contracts and as long as they cause minimal problems for the carrier. BB phones over the last 5 years or so have done the opposite: relatively few customers and a higher problem-per-phone-sold ratio than other brands. That's how you get CSRs who recommend against your brand.
    03-06-18 09:11 PM
    I never recommend Rogers
    03-06-18 09:23 PM
    8 years... Built quality was much better then.. for now she's back on her trusted well built reliable Q10..
    With the cheap, double typing keyboard? LoL! Come on now
    joseanmx likes this.
    03-06-18 09:48 PM
    My wife Keyone fell on the kitchen floor, screen broke apart; clearly first batch of Keyone with no glue. Took it to local Rogers store for repair. The very friendly salesperson told us flat out "every time a customer ask about BlackBerry I tell them to buy another device."

TCL sold 850,000 and likely prevented a higher number of units sold based on that type testimonials from these employees who do not want customers coming back screaming at them because of poor built quality. First impressions tend to last forever...of course, TCL has since addressed the issue. However, that employee is not convinced.
    Such a negative mindset of sales consultant doesnt help the product . PKB devices have limited customers and those who love PKB phones will go for it . Blackberry devices have met with such adversity before as well as no support from carriers and even the retailers. The sales consultants are not trained to handle sales and do not know the features advantages and benefits of Blackberry.
    03-07-18 07:43 AM
    I think that he was referring to the BlackBerry experience, not just build quality.
    The Storm was despised, and the initial Z10s were returned in large numbers, as was the Priv when they went Android. No wonder stores hesitate to carry the brand.

This can change, as more handsets in the wild will slowly rehabilitate their image. Only time will tell.
    03-07-18 10:30 AM
    Well, frankly I wouldn't recommend Rogers either. There's no incentive to stick with them after a while as bills get larger but services don't improve or expand. I wish Canadian telecoms would support Blackberry a bit better but I gather they've been burnt a bit over the years. As long as I can still get a Blackberry and use it on whichever network I belong to, I'll be happy.
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    03-07-18 10:41 AM
    It is awkward when you know more than the "expert" sales person. I had the opposite experience recently at T-Mobile. I came in with a question about a Sim card and set both my Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ on the table. The salesman said, "my two favorite phones" and T-Mobile doesn't even carry the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, though they used to carry the Priv.
    TCM01 and Midnightflyer like this.
    03-07-18 11:08 AM
    Unfortunately the BlackBerry name has suffered from a bad image over the years and with that comes baggage. I'm not sure the brand will ever recover.
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-07-18 12:04 PM
    Well, frankly I wouldn't recommend Rogers either. There's no incentive to stick with them after a while as bills get larger but services don't improve or expand. I wish Canadian telecoms would support Blackberry a bit better but I gather they've been burnt a bit over the years. As long as I can still get a Blackberry and use it on whichever network I belong to, I'll be happy.
    I live in a small, remote town in Northern Manitoba. We were MTS which has now been bought out by Bell.

BB support in our local store is actually quite strong. You can currently get KEYone and Motion through Bell and the local store for sure has KEYone in stock - I haven't been in there for a bit so I don't know about the Motion.

I purchased two PRIVs there - in stock, didn't have to wait for it to be ordered. The sales people knew how to use them.

Before the PRIV I had Classic and there were Passports in the store as well.

The historic quality issues - my son and daughter-in-law would likely still be using BB if the quality of their OS 7 handsets (no idea which phone they were) been better.
    They had endless issues and jumped to Apple. They liked the keyboards and the rest of the phone, but the phones were constantly failing ...
    03-07-18 12:33 PM
    I have dealt with same Rogers store at Hfx Shopping Centre and they know BlackBerry and have never tried to steer me in an other direction.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Passport SE and KEYone
    03-07-18 12:33 PM
    What really needs to happen is that BBMo and BB need to solve those problems and build a solid track record of quality devices that are well-supported (but need relatively little support) so that the "problems/returns per phones sold" ratio is way, way down. THAT is what will get carriers more interested in BB-branded devices.
    "I never recommend the Keyone" heard from Rogers' salesperson-office-space-meme-thats-just-crazy-talk.jpg

Pete
    AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-07-18 01:07 PM
    Happened at Best Buy in Wisconsin, too. Guys at my local Sprint and Best Buy LOVE BlackBerry phones.
    03-07-18 02:36 PM
    Unfortunately the BlackBerry name has suffered from a bad image over the years and with that comes baggage. I'm not sure the brand will ever recover.
    In the USA the BB name is dirt--it will never recover, agreed.
    pdr733 likes this.
    03-07-18 02:39 PM
69 123