06-01-17 12:41 PM
53 123
tools
    Reopened. Let's remember we're (mostly) adults and answer the actual question instead of tossing out unneeded advice for something that's already happened.
    06-01-17 11:42 AM
    If your going to be losing 1.5 months of savings, no new phone should be in your near future. Stick with your Passport and be happy you had a back up. Pick up the Keyone down the road or buy a used one later if you love it, at the end of the day, it's just a phone. If you cannot justify a big purchase, don't do it. Wait until your more comfortable financially. Just my 2 cents.
    But if they order it now and keep putting money into savings they will have lost nothing. By the time the phone comes in the saving account will look exactly the way it does now.
    06-01-17 12:00 PM
    Oh, but I do. The infamous app-gap already caught up with me late last year. That's when I got a DTEK50 to keep me 'app-happy' while waiting for the K1.

Anyway, thanks for all your input, guys, but I have decided to order the K1 again, simply because there is no other phone like it on the market, and because I will always prefer physical keyboards. However, I'm having troubles ordering it from Amazon... They only show the CDMA (wtf?) version as available for shipping to México... I didn't even know there was a CDMA version (?). I want the normal GSM version.
    Well, feels like the k1 doesnt want to come over to you again since you decided to drown it in salt water, (k1 running for its life, lol). Left to me, I would suggest you wait a little while getting the K1 again (letting the urge kicks back in) getting the phone right away after the demise of the first one, (based on your principle) you might not enjoy the device that much.

Wait a little while (few months) and make sure you check out people with their key1s on CB. You will feel justified buying another after a few month/s.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 12:41 PM
53 123