Consult this chart:
    Attachment 424263

And this list from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    I'm sorry, I'm not updated when it comes to these frequencies. Are you saying that the CDMA version will work just fine in Europe? It certainly wasn't like that before...
    05-31-17 06:48 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm not updated when it comes to these frequencies. Are you saying that the CDMA version will work just fine in Europe? It certainly wasn't like that before...
    HSPA+ and under are just fine, LTE may depend on the carrier. As far as Wikipedia's list of LTE networks in Europe goes, most are using the same bands (3/7/20), which are in all models of KEYone.
    05-31-17 06:51 PM
    HSPA+ and under are just fine, LTE may depend on the carrier. As far as Wikipedia's list of LTE networks in Europe goes, most are using the same bands (3/7/20), which are in all models of KEYone.
    Hmm, that's very interesting! Thank you. When it comes to travelling (not only to Europe and the Americas) don't you think I should go for the GSM version just to be on the safe side?

Being from Europe I'm not used to the CDMA technology, at all...
    05-31-17 06:58 PM
    Hi gang,

As some of you may already know I have a K1 that got some saltwater on it, rendering it useless (believe me, it didn't take much water...).

I absolutely loved it the short time I got to play with it, but I do have some concerns regarding the hardware (and in parts, software) quality. I still have my Passport laying around, and that thing can handle just about anything! Of course the Passport really is one of a kind, and the build quality of the K1 feels really decent too, it's just that (we all know) the Android software can be somewhat flaky (in lack of a better word). And many Android phones have a multitude of issues, some more serious than others, but let's not bicker about that.

Bottom line: Getting a new K1 now, for me personally, would mean losing about 1,5 months of savings (what I put aside every month). I'm very careful with money (no, I wouldn't say stingy), and I'm honestly having a tough time justifying another large purchase of the same ducking product. I guess I just need some serious convincing here, lol...

Any input would be much appreciated, especially from those of you who have already owned the K1 for a while now.

Cheers
    Just want to say, you are in the right place.
    05-31-17 07:08 PM
    Hmm, that's very interesting! Thank you. When it comes to travelling (not only to Europe and the Americas) don't you think I should go for the GSM version just to be on the safe side?

Being from Europe I'm not used to the CDMA technology, at all...
    Why the BBB100-3 exists is to accommodate those carriers in the United States that still use CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, a few minor players), which is why the band set seems tailored to North America. To be the safest you should get the BBB100-1, but that has severe availability issues for the time being. If you go back to Europe and buy a BBB100-2 from there, you lose bands 12 (North America, optional), 19 (Japan, being phased out), 29, 30 (North America, optional), 39 and 41 (China), which isn't too big of a deal for most of the world. You can get by in most of the world with a BBB100-3 even, as long as you plan ahead. And, again, all of these band issues are with LTE: if you're fine with HSPA+ and the carrier you use at home/abroad hasn't gone LTE-only it doesn't matter at all.
    05-31-17 07:09 PM
    You can get by in most of the world with a BBB100-3 even, as long as you plan ahead. And, again, all of these band issues are with LTE: if you're fine with HSPA+ and the carrier you use at home/abroad hasn't gone LTE-only it doesn't matter at all.
    You, sir, have given me a lot to think about. Honesty, I'm perfectly fine with HSPA+. However, I also want the phone to be somewhat future proof. Well, you know, at least for the next couple of years, but I guess at this pace the mobile phone technology will have evolved to the next level by then... Hmmm...
    05-31-17 07:18 PM
    Hmm, seems like a lot of a purchase for you. On the other hand, if you think this will be your daily driver, and a smartphone is a very useful and well used product for you like most people. Is the $600 well spent having a better experience with your smartphone for the next year? That is the question. The broke phone is broke. It happens. It also could have been stolen or lost. Forget about that. Going forward, do you want to use this phone? If the answer is yes, then buy it again.

But I get what you are feeling. I'd feel the same way. And I also can afford the phone fairly easily. But I'd kind of almost want to punish myself for letting it get damaged that way. I didn't have the money growing up that I have now. My family would never have spent money like this when cheaper phones are readily available and they work fine. But this is obviously something I enjoy.

I ordered my K1. And I'm very much looking forward to having it. I think it will be fun to use and (yes this is a bit shallow) it is going to turn some heads when I use it in public. There is some fun having something different.
    05-31-17 07:26 PM
    Hmm, seems like a lot of a purchase for you. On the other hand, if you think this will be your daily driver, and a smartphone is a very useful and well used product for you like most people. Is the $600 well spent having a better experience with your smartphone for the next year? That is the question. The broke phone is broke. It happens. It also could have been stolen or lost. Forget about that. Going forward, do you want to use this phone? If the answer is yes, then buy it again.

But I get what you are feeling. I'd feel the same way. And I also can afford the phone fairly easily. But I'd kind of almost want to punish myself for letting it get damaged that way. I didn't have the money growing up that I have now. My family would never have spent money like this when cheaper phones are readily available and they work fine. But this is obviously something I enjoy.

I ordered my K1. And I'm very much looking forward to having it. I think it will be fun to use and (yes this is a bit shallow) it is going to turn some heads when I use it in public. There is some fun having something different.
    Thank you for your well thought out comment, as well as your understanding. I have reached the same conclusion as you have, as there is simply no other phone other than the K1 which is of any interest to me. So, while I am indeed kicking myself for letting it get destroyed, I will be ordering a new one.
    05-31-17 07:35 PM
    Why the BBB100-3 exists is to accommodate those carriers in the United States that still use CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, a few minor players), which is why the band set seems tailored to North America. To be the safest you should get the BBB100-1, but that has severe availability issues for the time being. If you go back to Europe and buy a BBB100-2 from there, you lose bands 12 (North America, optional), 19 (Japan, being phased out), 29, 30 (North America, optional), 39 and 41 (China), which isn't too big of a deal for most of the world. You can get by in most of the world with a BBB100-3 even, as long as you plan ahead. And, again, all of these band issues are with LTE: if you're fine with HSPA+ and the carrier you use at home/abroad hasn't gone LTE-only it doesn't matter at all.
    I'm sorry for bothering you again, but am I correct in understanding that the KEYone CDMA version can be used with a normal GSM SIM card?
    05-31-17 07:45 PM
    I'm sorry for bothering you again, but am I correct in understanding that the KEYone CDMA version can be used with a normal GSM SIM card?
    It is but you will be lacking in some GSM bands.
    05-31-17 07:48 PM
    It is but you will be lacking in some GSM bands.
    Thanks again. I got confused because I was just reading that CDMA phones don't use SIM cards. But that doesn't apply to the CDMA version of the KEYone?
    05-31-17 07:52 PM
    Thanks again. I got confused because I was just reading that CDMA phones don't use SIM cards. But that doesn't apply to the CDMA version of the KEYone?
    CDMA phones have SIM slots for LTE access and roaming on other carriers. The actual CDMA portion requires carrier intervention to get it to access a CDMA network.
    05-31-17 08:01 PM
    CDMA phones have SIM slots for LTE access and roaming on other carriers. The actual CDMA portion requires carrier intervention to get it to access a CDMA network.
    Thank you. So, again, just to be absolutely certain here: If I order the CDMA version of the KEYone I will have no problems simply putting in my TelCel (GSM) SIM card and using it as I would with any other phone?
    05-31-17 08:07 PM
    You could always sell the Passport on the marketplace forum to offset the hit of a second KEYone.
    +1
    05-31-17 08:11 PM
    Thank you. So, again, just to be absolutely certain here: If I order the CDMA version of the KEYone I will have no problems simply putting in my TelCel (GSM) SIM card and using it as I would with any other phone?
    It should, yes. If you ordered it now you'd probably be among the first BBB100-3 owners (i.e. no precedent), but as the KEYone is sold from general retailers and not Verizon or Sprint it shouldn't be locked to any specific carrier.
    05-31-17 08:17 PM
    You could always sell the Passport on the marketplace forum to offset the hit of a second KEYone.
    This is what I normally do
    05-31-17 08:19 PM
    It should, yes. If you ordered it now you'd probably be among the first BBB100-3 owners (i.e. no precedent), but as the KEYone is sold from general retailers and not Verizon or Sprint it shouldn't be locked to any specific carrier.
    Yes, it does specifically say: BlackBerry KEYone Unlocked Smartphone (Verizon) - 32GB - CDMA 4G LTE Android on Amazon. It's either that one or order it from the UK again...
    05-31-17 08:24 PM
    This is what I normally do
    It makes sense, especially since my Passport OG is in absolute mint condition (even after all this time), however I choose to keep it for sentimental reasons I think I still have the Q10 somewhere... unless it disappeared during a recent move. Things do have their ways of just 'disappearing' when you move, don't they...
    05-31-17 08:39 PM
    OP, if you're in Canada look for one on craigslist and get it at a much better price

if there aren't any yet in your city just check in about a week and guaranteed you will find some for sale at largely discounted prices as many network customers sell unwanted hardware upgrades on craigslist.

I just picked up a second keyone for $500 cash with original receipt for warranty purposes/ proof of purchase from the seller

you can also sell your damaged keyone for 100-200 right now on ebay
    06-01-17 03:08 AM
    I was just about to say this. Buy one (whichever phone it will be) and insure it.

Posted via CB10
    Any insurance will cover the liquid damage of smartphone? I thought it normally exclude the liquid damage. (water indication card in the phone will show the damage evidence) .

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 03:19 AM
    OP, if you're in Canada look for one on craigslist and get it at a much better price

if there aren't any yet in your city just check in about a week and guaranteed you will find some for sale at largely discounted prices as many network customers sell unwanted hardware upgrades on craigslist.

I just picked up a second keyone for $500 cash with original receipt for warranty purposes/ proof of purchase from the seller

you can also sell your damaged keyone for 100-200 right now on ebay
    I live in México, so no such luck in getting a K1 so easily. Your advice is really good for people living in the U.S. and Canada, though.

I'm still trying to fix my broken K1, but if I can't, I suppose I could still sell it on Ebay. Thanks for the advice. If it does turn out to work, though, I will be giving it away to a close friend or an ex-relative living in, what we would call poverty, but what they call 'middle-class'... I already ordered a new one...
    06-01-17 03:22 AM
    Any insurance will cover the liquid damage of smartphone? I thought it normally exclude the liquid damage. (water indication card in the phone will show the damage evidence) .

Posted via CB10
    It usually does exclude water damage, as far as I know. Besides, insurances aren't as useful down here... If I was actually able to buy the phone here, that would be different in regards to insurance. I've bought so much stuff from abroad, where the matter of insurance becomes a bit more complicated...
    06-01-17 03:27 AM
    Hey bro just do it already! You know you're a gadget lover and also an early adopter. Like you I don't spend $$$ on of things and you won't regret it. I just got my device via Rogers Wireless reservation system and this device is simply awesome! I love the accuracy of the KB!
    06-01-17 06:17 AM
    It is a sad story of what happened but no phone or anything material is worth messing up you budget. Priorities always come first. The Keyone isn't going anywhere. They will be there when you are ready to get another one.

Don't feel too bad, some people (including myself) don't have the cash to spend on one of them yet. You will have another one soon.
    06-01-17 10:29 AM
    06-01-17 10:47 AM
53 123