I'm at the pizza shop sitting waiting for my order. The guy sitting at the table next to me asks if that's the KEYone. I tell him it is. He says he's been thinking about it - so how is it. I gave him my rundown that my only real complaint is that they released the 4/64 version so close to the OG 3/32 with no advance notice but other than that it's almost perfect.

Hopefully I've convinced him to pull the trigger.
    10-31-17 12:45 PM
    I'm at the pizza shop sitting waiting for my order. The guy sitting at the table next to me asks if that's the KEYone. I tell him it is. He says he's been thinking about it - so how is it. I gave him my rundown that my only real complaint is that they released the 4/64 version so close to the OG 3/32 with no advance notice but other than that it's almost perfect.

Hopefully I've convinced him to pull the trigger.
    I wonder if extra 1gb really matters much. I am sure it does since TCL released 4gb version for a reason. I wish it had better processor but TCL is aiming for mid tier phone.
    10-31-17 12:56 PM
    I wonder if extra 1gb really matters much. I am sure it does since TCL released 4gb version for a reason. I wish it had better processor but TCL is aiming for mid tier phone.
    I'm sure it won't make that big of a difference, it's just the principle of the matter. Us who ran out to make sure to get the 1st wave get the lower spec-ed version. Even if they couldn't give us the black one at launch - give us the option of buying a silver 4/64 at launch.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-17 01:11 PM
    it does make a difference. and most Tech companies do exactly that.
    10-31-17 09:26 PM
    Now you only have 100 million more people to sell a K1 to chop chop Chen is waiting for your results, no results Your FIRED! lol
    megafan2000 likes this.
    11-02-17 11:05 AM
    Now you only have 100 million more people to sell a K1 to chop chop Chen is waiting for your results, no results Your FIRED! lol
    You mean 99,999,999.
    texn884 likes this.
    11-02-17 12:43 PM
    Minor details because we do not know if that one person ever bought the phone so its 100 million, lol
    megafan2000 likes this.
    11-02-17 12:44 PM
    I'm sure it won't make that big of a difference, it's just the principle of the matter. Us who ran out to make sure to get the 1st wave get the lower spec-ed version. Even if they couldn't give us the black one at launch - give us the option of buying a silver 4/64 at launch.
    That's known as the early adopter penalty. You did get the optional removable keyboard that's now discontinued for the rest of us. Feel better? LOL
    11-02-17 12:49 PM
    That's known as the early adopter penalty. You did get the optional removable keyboard that's now discontinued for the rest of us. Feel better? LOL
    Actually no I didn't. I'm still on my first and only KEYone (knock on wood). No optional screen lifts for me.
    11-02-17 01:45 PM
    Actually no I didn't. I'm still on my first and only KEYone (knock on wood). No optional screen lifts for me.
    Then you're good now to buy second generation. I thought you were complaining about your device. Sorry about that.
    11-02-17 01:49 PM
    Then you're good now to buy second generation. I thought you were complaining about your device. Sorry about that.
    Well there's just that little thing called money. Just a minor little detail.
    11-02-17 02:31 PM
    Seeing as I had the Silver variant and now I have the Black Edition with 4GB of memory, yes, it makes a big difference. The extra GB of memory took the device from being alright but not great, to displacing my S8+ as the daily driver. Black Edition actually performs better than the S8+ in almost every way, except games. My S8+ is now sitting on the shelf.
    11-02-17 02:48 PM
    Seeing as I had the Silver variant and now I have the Black Edition with 4GB of memory, yes, it makes a big difference. The extra GB of memory took the device from being alright but not great, to displacing my S8+ as the daily driver. Black Edition actually performs better than the S8+ in almost every way, except games. My S8+ is now sitting on the shelf.
    I would have to disagree on that. I used many devices with snapdragon 625 and 835. There is no way that snapdragon 625 performs better than 835 unless your s8+ is bugged. If keyone had snapdragon 835, it would still have great battery life because of small screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 03:01 PM
    I would have to disagree on that. I used many devices with snapdragon 625 and 835. There is no way that snapdragon 625 performs better than 835 unless your s8+ is bugged. If keyone had snapdragon 835, it would still have great battery life because of small screen.

Posted via CB10
    You can disagree. You are entitled to an opinion. However, my S8+ is very lean and it runs well, but Samsung memory management has been broken for generations. You're talking to somebody who has in the past rooted and installed custom kernels on Samsung devices precisely to deal with all the issues baked into Samsung's implementation. Yes, the KeyOne Black Edition is in every way a better productivity device with better battery life to boot. It is snappier, doesn't occasionally glitch out or lag, and doesn't terminate my apps left, right and center all day long. The SD835 does nothing for general productivity.

But, as I said, you can disagree. In the meantime I will continue using my KeyOne Black Edition and my S8+ will continue to sit on the shelf.
    11-02-17 03:20 PM
    Well there's just that little thing called money. Just a minor little detail.
    My kids planted a money-tree in the backyard or so I hope, the way they always expect more...
    11-02-17 03:24 PM
    You can disagree. You are entitled to an opinion. However, my S8+ is very lean and it runs well, but Samsung memory management has been broken for generations. You're talking to somebody who has in the past rooted and installed custom kernels on Samsung devices precisely to deal with all the issues baked into Samsung's implementation. Yes, the KeyOne Black Edition is in every way a better productivity device with better battery life to boot. It is snappier, doesn't occasionally glitch out or lag, and doesn't terminate my apps left, right and center all day long. The SD835 does nothing for general productivity.

But, as I said, you can disagree. In the meantime I will continue using my KeyOne Black Edition and my S8+ will continue to sit on the shelf.
    You need to contact Samsung support for rma man. Good luck.
    11-02-17 04:06 PM
    You need to contact Samsung support for rma man. Good luck.
    I don't believe that I came here for support with my Samsung S8+. And with that, back on topic.
    11-02-17 05:48 PM