What does it matter if Troy purchases a BlackBerry KEYone you may ask??

We already know that CBK and Bla1ze have already purchased a KEYone. Troy seems to be a member of CrackBerry that appears to have his finger on the pulse outside of CBK and Bla1ze, given his insight into topics on CrackBerry. I think Troy would be a good Litmus Test to see if he would spend good money on a KEYone.

Troy, your thoughts........
    06-05-17 12:35 AM
    What does it matter if Troy purchases a BlackBerry KEYone you may ask??

We already know that CBK and Bla1ze have already purchased a KEYone. Troy seems to be a member of CrackBerry that appears to have his finger on the pulse outside of CBK and Bla1ze, given his insight into topics on CrackBerry. I think Troy would be a good Litmus Test to see if he would spend good money on a KEYone.

Troy, your thoughts........
    @Troy Tiscareno is a smart guy. Hopefully I tagged him correctly so he sees this.
    06-05-17 03:04 AM
    The answer is no - but I've never been an especially big fan of the PKB on a phone, at least, once the touch-screen became viable.

The last BB I carried was a LONG time ago... a 7200 (I think?) with a jog wheel. LOL. I was working in IT for a national bank/credit card company at the time.

But I repair smartphones, tablets, and laptops as a side job, and folks close to me were hard-core BBOS people up to a few years ago, so I've paid close attention to BB as a company for a long time (and mobile technology in general). My day job is working for a high-end Audio/Video company, and 3-4 years ago, BBs were still sometimes found in the homes of the C-suite folks that I tend to do work for (it's been almost exclusively Apple for a long time now), and as the IT guy, I'm expected to be able to competently answer most any tech question for my customers. That means I have to keep up on things - at least things likely to be relevant to these folks.

I've also been reading CB (and Android Central, and a bit of iMore and WebOS) since 2010 or so, though I don't think I actually created an account until around 2012 or 2013. It was the ramp-up to and the launch of BB10 that really got me interested in CB... and then the trainwreck that followed became even more fascinating. For a while, it seemed like I was the only one on CB correcting a lot of wildly-crazy myths about other platforms, so that was interesting (I certainly made a lot of enemies!). In the long run, the facts won out, which is how it should be.

Believe it or not, I've always liked BB as a brand and an idea - but I certainly haven't been blind to the previous leadership's stubborn refusal to acknowledge market realities. I'm happy to see BB doing better, and getting positive investor sentiment for the first time in years. And if I was a PKB fan, I'd absolutely consider (if not outright buy) a K1.
    06-06-17 10:28 AM
    The answer is no - but I've never been an especially big fan of the PKB on a phone, at least, once the touch-screen became viable.

The last BB I carried was a LONG time ago... a 7200 (I think?) with a jog wheel. LOL. I was working in IT for a national bank/credit card company at the time.

But I repair smartphones, tablets, and laptops as a side job, and folks close to me were hard-core BBOS people up to a few years ago, so I've paid close attention to BB as a company for a long time (and mobile technology in general). My day job is working for a high-end Audio/Video company, and 3-4 years ago, BBs were still sometimes found in the homes of the C-suite folks that I tend to do work for (it's been almost exclusively Apple for a long time now), and as the IT guy, I'm expected to be able to competently answer most any tech question for my customers. That means I have to keep up on things - at least things likely to be relevant to these folks.

I've also been reading CB (and Android Central, and a bit of iMore and WebOS) since 2010 or so, though I don't think I actually created an account until around 2012 or 2013. It was the ramp-up to and the launch of BB10 that really got me interested in CB... and then the trainwreck that followed became even more fascinating. For a while, it seemed like I was the only one on CB correcting a lot of wildly-crazy myths about other platforms, so that was interesting (I certainly made a lot of enemies!). In the long run, the facts won out, which is how it should be.

Believe it or not, I've always liked BB as a brand and an idea - but I certainly haven't been blind to the previous leadership's stubborn refusal to acknowledge market realities. I'm happy to see BB doing better, and getting positive investor sentiment for the first time in years. And if I was a PKB fan, I'd absolutely consider (if not outright buy) a K1.
    That is what I call a professional answer. Always enjoy reading your (and Conite's) posts. Unfortunately, while I aspire to be like you two (among others), I always end up being abrasive or a smart arse.... LOL

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC and zephyr613 like this.
    06-06-17 10:37 AM
    That is what I call a professional answer. Always enjoy reading your (and Conite's) posts. Unfortunately, while I aspire to be like you two (among others), I always end up being abrasive or a smart arse.... LOL

Posted via CB10
    Yep good dudes. We're not worthy.
    06-06-17 11:45 AM
    Unfortunately, while I aspire to be like you two (among others), I always end up being abrasive or a smart arse.... LOL
    Well, without that, who would keep us all entertained? Lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-17 11:53 AM
    Unfortunately, while I aspire to be like you two (among others), I always end up being abrasive or a smart arse...
    Hey, that's my turf.
    anon(3641385), kbz1960 and ominaxe like this.
    06-06-17 11:54 AM
    "BBs were still sometimes found in the homes of the C-suite folks that I tend to do work for (it's been almost exclusively Apple for a long time now)"

Witnessed the same transition. Only for us it was a sharp turn, within 6months to a year - BB handset ownership drastically slipped from roughly 90% down to 5% for 5k+ employees. On my team, I had nearly 200 BB consistant chat contacts dwindle to single digits.
    06-06-17 12:00 PM
    For a while, it seemed like I was the only one on CB correcting a lot of wildly-crazy myths about other platforms, so that was interesting (I certainly made a lot of enemies!).
    If only you knew how many PM's I got to have you banned lol.
    southlander likes this.
    06-06-17 12:06 PM
    PM Sent.

... just kidding
    06-06-17 12:10 PM
    The way you talk down bb, I thought you want to get rid of your repair business. :-)... especially bb10... those stock are close to end of designed life, got be good for business.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 12:13 PM
    People often confuse a discussion about the business case for bb10, with the personal preference for bb10.
    06-06-17 12:18 PM
    You can PM to request someone to be banned? I thought it was freedom of speech.. start comply a list... may be smart with myself..

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 12:31 PM
    You can PM to request someone to be banned?
    Sure. Doesn't mean I read them.
    06-06-17 12:35 PM
    Just to make you feel better, I'mma send Bla1ze a request to ban you, Chuck.
    06-06-17 12:39 PM
    I'm sure it was at least in the dozens, if not hundreds. I have no illusions about that! Lol.
    06-06-17 01:00 PM
    I sorta thought you would say No. Thank you for responding.

I think I'm going pass on the KEYone as well.....a few reasons.

1) I don't think I'm going to start seeing a great amount of people with them out and about in public. In Canada all I see is Samsung and iPhone.

2) I'm still annoyed about the whole PlayBook BlackBerry 10 lie. To me it has now evolved into the 10.3.3(4) lie. I remember seeing a press conference where BlackBerry stated they are "still committed to BlackBerry 10" Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..shame on me. I mean how many times can you smoke your own customers/supporters before people just really give up on you. The only guy I really feel bad for in all this is Michael Clewley. I mean, this guy busted his a** for BlackBerry 10 and the customers. It's like he was the only one who gave a flying f***. When you had a problem, he told everyone, just email him. Then he would just fix it!! Everyone else bailed out, going to Apple or Samsung.

3) Long story, beyond my control, I now use an Asus Zenfone 3. I have the BlackBerry launcher etc. on it, and it works just fine. The only thing missing is NFC, which I never really used anyways. Sony sensor camera. 4GB RAM, DUAL SIM!!! Gorilla Glass 3. Finger print scanner. USB C. FM Radio, Nougat 7.0 (for now). Unlocked....All for $400 Canadian!! It does the job just fine for what I need. It's not the best device available. It's not a Samsung or an iPhone, but I can make calls, text, email, etc. And I didn't spend $1000 on a phone, which is ridonculous for any device.

Thanks again for your response and all the insight you pass on to all of us here at CB

Cheers!!
    06-06-17 03:43 PM
    I sorta thought you would say No. Thank you for responding.

I think I'm going pass on the KEYone as well.....a few reasons.

1) I don't think I'm going to start seeing a great amount of people with them out and about in public. In Canada all I see is Samsung and iPhone.

2) I'm still annoyed about the whole PlayBook BlackBerry 10 lie. To me it has now evolved into the 10.3.3(4) lie. I remember seeing a press conference where BlackBerry stated they are "still committed to BlackBerry 10" Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..shame on me. I mean how many times can you smoke your own customers/supporters before people just really give up on you.
    1) I'm not sure why it matters what other people are using. Pick the device that suits your needs.

2) This phone is by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), who only licences the brand name and software from BlackBerry (who otherwise has nothing to do with it).
    Last edited by conite; 06-06-17 at 05:50 PM.
    06-06-17 04:07 PM
    I'm sure it was at least in the dozens, if not hundreds. I have no illusions about that! Lol.
    I think CBK sends over a review unit to bring Troy over to PKB dark side....
    06-06-17 05:50 PM
    Hey, that's my turf.
    Your position really isn't in any danger, thurask...
    thurask likes this.
    06-06-17 09:16 PM
    Just to make you feel better, I'mma send Bla1ze a request to ban you, Chuck.
    Awesome, I'd be privileged!!! LOL...
    06-06-17 09:20 PM
    1) I'm not sure why it matters what other people are using. Pick the device that suits your needs.

2) This phone is by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), who only licences the brand name and software from BlackBerry (who otherwise has nothing to do with it).
    To be fair the two major complaints by this guy are about blackberry bungling software updates and leaving people hanging. Not sure them only handling software changes anything. As far as I know the eight month old DTEK 60 has had no confirmation that nougat would even be released. Them only handling software is not promising.
    06-06-17 10:31 PM