I've suggested elsewhere you put the PKB on the back of the phone.

But that's just the engineer in me speaking. The dimensions of the Mercury have been pretty much fixed for a long time. The width of a workable Blackberry keyboard is a known.The screen dimensions can be calculated from this given the aspect ration is dictated by Android. The frame size is pretty much a given unless a 4-sided "edge" construction is used, but even then it wont vary much. It was always going to be a tall phone.
    Interesting idea. How would the rear pkb be used in practice?
    01-05-17 10:21 AM
    It wouldn't be....

The Mercury might be the answer to a number of prayers here, but saviour phone? That depends on TCL, more than the phone itself. How much marketing will they do, how many deals will they make to get major carrier to offer and promote it. How much does TCL care about the BlackBerry BRAND over their own TCL BRAND.....
    01-05-17 02:19 PM
    Who cares. The screen size, keyboard size, and overall size are dictated; the engineers have just put it together the only way possible without a slider.
    01-05-17 02:26 PM
    It wouldn't be....

The Mercury might be the answer to a number of prayers here, but saviour phone? That depends on TCL, more than the phone itself. How much marketing will they do, how many deals will they make to get major carrier to offer and promote it. How much does TCL care about the BlackBerry BRAND over their own TCL BRAND.....
    I figure the devil will be in the returns. If it makes money, they'll put more resources into it.

I agree, from the outside looking in, "savior" phone is a bit farfetched.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-05-17 02:37 PM
    The only thing I am afraid off is Android. I have been on BlackBerry for ages. My family has Apple phones but I never touched a Droid.
    01-05-17 05:16 PM
    In what context?
    01-05-17 05:28 PM
    In what context?
    User interface
    01-05-17 05:44 PM
    User interface
    The UI is the most customizable in mobile.
    01-05-17 05:55 PM
    I think it's all about marketing. Sure BlackBerry has been around for a while but the people need to be reintroduced to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 08:30 PM
    I don't believe this phone will be the savior phone, but I believe it will sell decent and TCL will continue pushing out BlackBerry handsets. I think this phone will get noticed more than the dtek phones because of TCL marketing it.
    If what you say actually happens, and considering BlackBerry's current status, that would definitely be a savior phone.
    01-06-17 09:50 PM
    If what you say actually happens, and considering BlackBerry's current status, that would definitely be a savior phone.
    For who?
    01-06-17 10:57 PM
86 ... 234