Please give me your opinion on the Keyone and Keytwo mobile devices. I currently have a Blackberry Classic and the browser is not functioning well and very slow. Have had the Classic for over three years now.

I am thinking about upgrading but need your insight.....

Thanking you in advance,

Stephen
    Massachusetts
    03-24-19 09:08 AM
    12 years ago I was a BlackBerry user, two Curves. When Google released its first Nexus I bought it out of curiosity. For some reason I stuck with Android and went for all the latest models from various brands even though I missed the physical keyboard. When the BlackBerry Passport was announced I jumped on it. I loved that phone but missed the app selection. Then came the KEYᵒⁿᵉ the best of both worlds, the physical keyboard that I sorely missed with the glass slabs. Now I use the KEY². Interestingly I've found I'm no longer interested in any other brand of Android phones. The KEY² is everything I need even with the few keyboard issues that are being discussed elsewhere, so unless your are the sort that has to have the greatest and biggest phone or the ultimate in phone cameras I think you will really enjoy the Key series phones. Just keep in mind these are not built by BlackBerry (RIM) since that company is no longer in the phone design and building business.
    03-24-19 09:36 AM
    My first K1 arrived with a bad keyboard. The replacement had the screen lift, a known issue. The replacement had the lens cover crack, also a known issue. Yesterday I tried the K2. People here complain of the clicky space bar. I found it to be fine and not a problem. I just bought my wife the Galaxy S10 but will probably get the K2 for myself. For me the keyboard is the attractor. Not sure if any of this helps.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-24-19 11:19 AM
    First and foremost know that whichever key device and price point works for your budget I do not think you will be disappointed. I was a BlackBerry exclusive user from my Curve 9000 to a DTEK50. My favorite devices from OS7 were a toss up between my Bold 9700 and 9900. I liked the keyboard and size of 9900. I preferred the camera of the 9700 and that it was instrumental to us in buying our business. Without that communication device it never would have been possible. Into the BlackBerry 10 Era I initially went Z10 then 30 then Passport and finally my Cobalt Classic (my favorite BlackBerry device until January '19) I used a DTEK50 for a bit and then went Samsung S7, S7 Edge and last March a trade in to the S9. I liked all of the all touch variants I used for various reasons but I found myself wanting to return to a PKB and I have maintained a subscriber to the BlackBerry HUB suite and following along here on CrackBerry (to me the best online community irrespective of device)

So I get an Amazon card for 50 bucks from my mother in law and its burning a hole in my pocket. And lo and behold some Parson's dude posts a sale on the BlackBerry Black Edition KeyOne. Now I had been to Best Buy 3-4 times and held and used the LE. I darn near pulled the trigger there but there were a few things that led me back to the beautiful Black Edition KeyOne. It has the same 4GB/64GB as the LE, same screen, aluminum construction vs polycarbonate, a capacitive keyboard, arguably better camera (See Marquees Brownlee's 5 million plus users picks for best camera of '18 and see where the KeyOne lands 😎🤘) and bigger battery than LE. That I was able to get mine for 244 US, to me, was the deal of all deals. It updated to Oreo 8.1 and is presently on the February security patch operating optimally and I can EASILY get two days battery life using my device however I want with WiFi, Bluetooth for my FitBit Versa, and syncing my 4 business emails. I turned on developer options and reduced animations to .5. Opening apps and using my device the speed difference between my BE KeyOne and S9 is negligible. It took me @ a week to get my mojo back on a PKB but since then and setting up shortcuts (awesomeness) it has become my favorite, most functional BlackBerry device to date. That the Black Edition was released in NA last March '18 does mean the device is @ a year old BUT mine has been glitch free and for the price I truly believe it was and is an absolute steal for me. Anyway you choose, depending on your price point I think you will be very pleased with what BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry Software are doing with these Key devices. My North American BE KeyOne has brought me back to BlackBerry. Best of wishes in your search in finding a new device that meets your needs.
    03-24-19 11:39 AM
    I would go for the KEY2 LE, unless you must have the capacitive keyboard, then KEY2 or at least a KEYone Black Edition
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-24-19 11:41 AM
    I just got the keyone black edition and loving it I haven't had any issues with it so far
    stephenabm, Simon6333 and bh7171 like this.
    03-24-19 12:07 PM
    I had an iPhone, then switch to BlackBerry Classic when it came out; then moved to BlackBerry KEYone when it came out. If BlackBerry is important to you, make the move.
    stephenabm and the_boon like this.
    03-24-19 09:45 PM
    Hello everyone,

I appreciate everyone's opinion and advise on upgrading with Blackberry. I will continue with my research, but leaning toward the Key2 as some of you advised.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Massachusetts
    03-25-19 06:27 AM
    Hello everyone,

I appreciate everyone's opinion and advise on upgrading with Blackberry. I will continue with my research, but leaning toward the Key2 as some of you advised.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Massachusetts
    I have a keyone it's a great device both of best worlds. I would buy a used one of Ebay to see if the keyone device fits your need. That way you haven't invested that much into. It's a major jump up from the classic
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-25-19 06:38 AM
    Clearly the KEY2... it hopefully will get one feature update and a couple more years of patches.

KEYone SD625 was old when the KEYone was released and the 3GB of RAM was not enough for the BlackBerry software and Android. If price is any issue, at least get the 4GB variants - but then I'd go with the KEY2 LE.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-25-19 03:09 PM
    Clearly the KEY2... it hopefully will get one feature update and a couple more years of patches.

KEYone SD625 was old when the KEYone was released and the 3GB of RAM was not enough for the BlackBerry software and Android. If price is any issue, at least get the 4GB variants - but then I'd go with the KEY2 LE.
    Have you used or owned any of the Key variant BlackBerry Mobile devices?
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-25-19 03:19 PM
    Hello everyone,

Thank you,

Stephen
    Massachusetts
    If you're on AT&T, you won't get VoLTE unless you have a carrier-locked device. Right now, they only sell a KeyOne.

Not sure if that plays into your decision-making.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-25-19 03:20 PM
    I went - Classic - PRIV - Key2.

The Key2 I received had 6 Gig! of RAM. The speed compared to the PRIV is really something wonderful.

The form factor of the Key2 is reminiscent of the Classic to a degree.

Overall a wonderful phone and the capacative keyboard is really terrific.
    the_boon, bh7171 and stephenabm like this.
    03-25-19 03:40 PM
    Sounds good and leaning toward the "Key2" myself, Glwerry. I almost purchased one today from Bestbuy for AT&T in slate. The price was not bad at $399.00. AT&T is not selling them at this time.

Thank you,

Stephen
    03-26-19 09:51 AM
    Are there any other thoughts or insight on the Key2 Blackberry?
    03-27-19 07:06 AM
    Are there any other thoughts or insight on the Key2 Blackberry?
    Buy it, and return it if you don't like it.
    03-27-19 08:03 AM
    KEY2 is an excellent device but if you don't need the capacitive keyboard (and coming from a Classic you might not care), I would definitely go for the KEY2 LE. It'll save you a few hundred bucks and has (IMO) the superior key board in terms of overall typing experience.
    stephenabm and conite like this.
    03-27-19 08:09 AM
    You can try any of the devices and return if you want. I gave the Black Edition KeyOne a try and after set up never had a thought of returning. Yes it is a year old device (released in North America March '18) but it is considerably cheaper than the LE if you want to see what BlackBerry Mobile and their Key devices are like. (their VERY good) You have several options to be give it a go and can return any if need be and that's great.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-27-19 09:48 AM
    get one with 4GB Ram. I have the 3GB Ram version and it kinda slow.
    stephenabm and Tos Abrashi like this.
    03-27-19 12:23 PM
    You can try any of the devices and return if you want. I gave the Black Edition KeyOne a try and after set up never had a thought of returning. Yes it is a year old device (released in North America March '18) but it is considerably cheaper than the LE if you want to see what BlackBerry Mobile and their Key devices are like. (their VERY good) You have several options to be give it a go and can return any if need be and that's great.
    Based on the @bh7171 logic and thought process, I too purchased BE KEYone from BBMo through Amazon last week. So far so good. At introduction, 3/32 was OK, but two years later, 4/64 really is minimum standard.
    03-27-19 06:26 PM
    Hello everyone, I decided this afternoon to purchase a Key2 and did so. I ordered it and should receive it on Monday. I upgraded from a classic.

Thank you everyone for sharing opinions and thoughts....

Stephen
    brookie229, bh7171 and glwerry like this.
    03-28-19 04:26 PM
    Rock and roll! Congratulations on your decision and purchase. Enjoy your new BlackBerry. 😎

I suggest patience adapting to Android and the larger than Classic size (you will just fine) BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry software are doing some great things to keep a PKB smartphone in the market.

I am very impressed with the premium feeling of my BE KeyOne and your Key2 is further refined and more spec robust.

Had I experienced much real world speed difference between the 845 in my S9 and the 625 in my BE when opening and using apps I may have returned the BE. The reality is I did not so I am of the belief functionality and optimization of their device assets is key.

Surely my S9 would "game" better, has a bit more screen when not typing and better quality in being AMELOD but I don't game, type a lot and the LCD of the Key devices is still damn good.

BlackBerry on the other hand has a capacitive PKB with helpful shortcuts and exceedingly better battery life usage with the apps that are meaningful to me.

Please make sure to follow up with your impressions after you get used to your new Key2.
    03-28-19 06:17 PM
    Hello everyone, I decided this afternoon to purchase a Key2 and did so. I ordered it and should receive it on Monday. I upgraded from a classic.

Thank you everyone for sharing opinions and thoughts....

Stephen
    Congratulations and hope you continue to be active forum member here on CB going forward. We’re like a big family here. I’m Chuck, your crazy relative.
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-28-19 08:59 PM
    Hello Chuck,

I will try and stay active in the group, will need to learn more when my Key2 arrives on Monday and will need to set it up properly. I am very open to advice for when my new Blackberry shows up. I purchased the Key2 on eBay (new) not sure if I can set it up at home or should I bring it to the AT&T store for then to transfer all my data to the new mobile device.

I have been a Blackberry end user since 2002.

Open to any and all device my friends.

Stephen
    03-29-19 11:47 AM
    Hello Chuck,

I will try and stay active in the group, will need to learn more when my Key2 arrives on Monday and will need to set it up properly. I am very open to advice for when my new Blackberry shows up. I purchased the Key2 on eBay (new) not sure if I can set it up at home or should I bring it to the AT&T store for then to transfer all my data to the new mobile device.

I have been a Blackberry end user since 2002.

Open to any and all device my friends.

Stephen
    Before you do anything, I would verify that eBay seller provided correct device to be used on AT&T in USA after you open the box. Basically, you’ll check the device PRD and also want to do any software updates first. That way if you have to return device or factory reset device, you haven’t wasted time setting device up. Then I would go to AT&T corporate (instead of authorized retailer franchise) store and get new SIM provisioned.

Nothing against the franchise AT&T stores, but there’s some things that corporate employees have access to and independents do not for customer satisfaction purposes..
    stephenabm likes this.
    03-29-19 12:32 PM
54 123