After migrating from Priv to KeyOne, or should I say half *** migrating, I know why iOS does so well with people that are busy, don't have time to tinker, or tech unsavvy. And yes I followed all the steps perfectly, did the NFC pairing to transfer, ran all of the steps, etc.

The Android Google backup my apps thing is spotty at best, sure it downloaded all my apps again from the store, but most of them didn't have all my settings and preferences. Including Blackberry Apps. Fail.

When I used Blackberry's content transfer system it said I'd be limited to only 3000 or so of my 25,000 text messages. Fail. You get everything on iOS

The content transfer system brought over all of my Hub email accounts, but wanted me to enter the password for each account and verify the setup information. Fail.

MMS didn't migrate at all, just the SMS. Incredible unexcusable Fail.

If anyone has ways around these, or I did something wrong, happy to learn from you and redo it, but it's this kind of stuff that ensures Apple dominates. This isn't a K1 gripe, just an Android gripe, but it affects all BB phones and is a barrier to entry for people I try to convert to BB.
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-09-17 at 05:29 PM.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-09-17 02:04 PM
    agree. I went from a PRIV I to K1 too. The NFC transfer didn't work (found my device, but then did nothing) so I ended up doing the cloud transfer. got my apps, contacts, calendar (and thank goodness my Password Keeper) but no app settings. every app treated it like the first time I had logged on. and I lost all my careful homescreen setup too, and had to manually move everything around, set up shortcuts, etc. far from a seamless cutover. disappointing.
    06-09-17 02:14 PM
    I never needed to do any transfer on any Android device.

1) Simply move your SD Card from the old phone to the new one which probably contains your stored photos/videos/etc

2) Login with your Google Account, all your contacts are there

3) Go to the App Store and you will see all your previously downloaded/installed apps, click on each one and install it. Takes a few minutes and you're done, you just have to login in each app and you're done

What's the issue here!?
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    06-09-17 03:12 PM
    Sounds look good advice. I'm almost curious to wipe my k1 and try that to see if it works, but besides being friends with you, how is one to know. BB and Android certainly didn't suggest that to me/us. They suggest NFC which is a feature in search of a need, and uploading your whole phone to google drive so you can download it back. But nothing about SD swap.
    06-09-17 03:14 PM
    OP are you using the same sim card?

It's the first thing I thought of re your sms/mms history, they usually are sim card related.

Also, on android, it's the sms app that usually has a back up and restore feature, but you shouldn't need to use it if you are using the same sim card.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 06-09-17 at 03:40 PM.
    06-09-17 03:29 PM
    Some of this is also due to developers not taking advantage of the ability to back up settings and other user data to Google Drive.

I had a couple of apps that didn't do that, and last time I switched phones, I found replacements for those apps that did. Now, I can log in to a new device, tap the Restore button during set up, and about 30 minutes later, I'm right back where I was.

You are right that many stock (OEM) apps don't do this, but tons of app do back up their settings to the cloud and make a seamless restore very simple. I always check for this when choosing an app, and I even got one developer to add it to his app.
    06-09-17 03:37 PM
    It is possible to do full app backups on Android similar to how they're done on iPhones.

One method is with Titanium Backup but you usually need root for a proper backup.

The second method is with a manufacturer app. I remember I saw this on my wife's HTC One M8. It had some sort of HTC Cloud backup app that would create a full phone backup and it worked because the app was baked into the OS, probably with root level access. I haven't seen the app on the HTC 10 though.

So, technically, BlackBerry could build such an app, but they're too busy building doodling apps.
    06-09-17 05:04 PM
    It is possible to do full app backups on Android similar to how they're done on iPhones.
    The third method is using the "adb backup" command. Works with any Android, you just have to enable developer features and USB debugging. Connect it up to the PC, download&install the platform tools and then check out the adb backup command.
    06-09-17 05:47 PM
    I didn't have any problems with any of its I have WiFi and text message for me a useless to transfer. And 25,000. Probably take FOREVER even in oops. ( meant ios) so return it if you not happy.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 05:51 PM
    I never needed to do any transfer on any Android device.

1) Simply move your SD Card from the old phone to the new one which probably contains your stored photos/videos/etc

2) Login with your Google Account, all your contacts are there

3) Go to the App Store and you will see all your previously downloaded/installed apps, click on each one and install it. Takes a few minutes and you're done, you just have to login in each app and you're done

What's the issue here!? http://i.imgur.com/8Yb0Sav.gif
    yeah but what about the app data ? on ios you restore your data and thats it on android after your apps are restored you have to input all the data for every app its annoying af
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-09-17 05:59 PM
    The third method is using the "adb backup" command. Works with any Android, you just have to enable developer features and USB debugging. Connect it up to the PC, download&install the platform tools and then check out the adb backup command.
    this method works but some people may not be comfortable with it.
    06-09-17 06:02 PM