waiting for staples.ca.

hope they get it soon or I'm going to another retailer.
    09-27-17 09:37 AM
    It seems the people selling these don't know how to describe them properly. Only the Optiemus / dual sim / Indian version is 'Limited Edition Black'. The unlocked black KeyONE is 'Black Edition' (no 'Limited' in the name). The space black AT&T version has no special name and a big AT&T logo on the phone and on the box.
    09-27-17 10:37 AM
    lol. the retailers should just call it black.
    09-27-17 10:41 AM
    lol. the retailers should just call it black.
    It wouldnt be cheaper than pc canada. Just fyi
    09-27-17 01:16 PM
    It wouldnt be cheaper than pc canada. Just fyi
    But the one PC Canada sells works only on the Verison network and not GSM! That's what the ads says.

Cant use it on Rogers if that is the case no?
    09-27-17 02:10 PM
    Just got mine from blue shop today!
    09-28-17 11:49 AM
    But the one PC Canada sells works only on the Verison network and not GSM! That's what the ads says.

Cant use it on Rogers if that is the case no?
    It sounds like a mistake in the Print Ad. Why would a Canadian shop sell a Verizon phone? I mean I can see where there might be an occasional cross-border traveler that uses Verizon. But in the main, aren't most Canadians gsm?
    09-28-17 01:35 PM
    Just got my one delivered today morning from blueshop.ca and I had placed the order yesterday !!! Very impressed with folks at blueshop.

I had also order the OEM case from Amazon.ca (BlackBerry DLB100-3GALUS1 Dual Layer Shell Case for Keyone, Black). However, I am returning the case because I found it to be quite slippery. Not sure what BB were thinking when they designed this case. It should have have minimum grip like the back of the Keyone
    09-28-17 09:25 PM
    hey what service provider Ru with and does IMS work properly!?thnks!
    09-29-17 05:10 AM
    Does this version have the 66 MHz bands for T-Mobile. So far, the V30 is the only one I know of that is capable.
    09-29-17 06:14 AM
    I had also order the OEM case from Amazon.ca (BlackBerry DLB100-3GALUS1 Dual Layer Shell Case for Keyone, Black). However, I am returning the case because I found it to be quite slippery. Not sure what BB were thinking when they designed this case. It should have have minimum grip like the back of the Keyone
    I've seen that comment posted elsewhere as well and quite frankly I don't understand it. The finish is satin and smooth yes, but still grippy. Very similar to the Seidio cases IMO. I have the case also and I think it's great...very well made and comfortable to use. Certainly not any more slippery than the naked KeyONE.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    09-29-17 07:48 AM
    I've seen that comment posted elsewhere as well and quite frankly I don't understand it. The finish is satin and smooth yes, but still grippy. Very similar to the Seidio cases IMO. I have the case also and I think it's great...very well made and comfortable to use. Certainly not any more slippery than the naked KeyONE.
    Check out the Incipio Dual-Layer, if you can find one in stock.
    09-29-17 08:27 AM
    Check out the Incipio Dual-Layer, if you can find one in stock.
    I did search it up initially...images look nice, but no one has it, so not really an option unfortunately.
    09-29-17 08:45 AM
    I did search it up initially...images look nice, but no one has it, so not really an option unfortunately.
    I ordered a black one off Amazon this week and will be here tomorrow.
    09-29-17 09:07 AM
    I ordered a black one off Amazon this week and will be here tomorrow.
    You must be in the US. Correction...Canadian site shows a purple one available...for $45. No thanks, Lol. I got two great oem cases for that price.
    09-29-17 01:21 PM
    You must be in the US. Correction...Canadian site shows a purple one available...for $45. No thanks, Lol. I got two great oem cases for that price.
    $26US here surprisingly below retail for something sold out everywhere.
    09-29-17 01:32 PM
    I don't understand...looking at the supported bands, this looks as if it's the international version.
    09-29-17 03:27 PM
    The back side of the Keyone is textured and definitely has a better grip than the BlackBerry OEM cover, which is has no texture and thus tends to slip.
    09-29-17 04:58 PM
    The back side of the Keyone is textured and definitely has a better grip than the BlackBerry OEM cover, which is has no texture and thus tends to slip.
    Yes the K1 back is textured but the material itself is actually quite smooth, so while the phone does have a nice feel I don't find it makes that much of a difference in terms of the grip. The case is no less slippery, IMO. To each his own.
    09-29-17 06:34 PM
    Hey bud, From Montreal here also and haven't seen any with the KeyOne anywhere around the city.

I'm currently on the Priv and thinking about making the switch. Only reason why I'm hesitant is the fear of being on a physical keyboard full time and hating it.

What did you use prior to this phone? How has the typing been so far?
    09-29-17 10:46 PM
    Hey bud, From Montreal here also and haven't seen any with the KeyOne anywhere around the city.

I'm currently on the Priv and thinking about making the switch. Only reason why I'm hesitant is the fear of being on a physical keyboard full time and hating it.
    09-29-17 10:48 PM

Go to a Rogers, Telus, or Bell shop and check one out. They have them in stock. If you like it, you can pick one up from a carrier or order an unlocked one online.
    09-30-17 09:25 AM
    Ordered mine from BlueShop and it is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday (10/3). So excited.
    09-30-17 01:32 PM

I love PRIV. I love the slider form factor. I wish they had improved PRIV by making a PRIV 2. Priv had two major problems:
    1. Heated up (basically, that CPU has had issues in every phone, not just PRIV) and slowed down a lot
    2. Battery consumption was high (again, bad CPU, I think).

If they had just fixed those two issues and made a PRIV 2, I'd have gotten that. So, I'm now getting a KeyOne (expecting for it o arrive on Tuesday, 10/3). But that said, if they somehow announce a PRIV 2 next week that fixes those issues, I'd get a PRIV 2 and sell the KeyOne.

You know, I think Slider Form Factor is very good. But everytime BlackBerry relases a slider formfactor they screw-up somewhere and then probably conclude that slider is a bad form factor. For example:

Torch -> the OS wasn't touch optimized. But Slider form factor was a good choice.
    PRIV -> the CPU was but. Slider was a good thing to do.
    BlackBerry probably doesn't analyze surrounding factors on what went wrong. They try a new design/form factor and stuff it with bad CPU or poor OS and then think oh, people don't like sliders.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-17 01:34 PM
    I just ordered mine from an ebay seller - fingers crossed it's the right one (it said 100-1 model with 4GB/64GB).
    Did you get your order in yet? Was the sellers name never-msrp?
    09-30-17 04:22 PM
96 1234