My wife made a deal with me. She is a long BB user, she used boldd,curves, z10, z30 and now dtek50 and what she dislike is the led , but she likes the the stereo speakers on the dtek50. She watch some youtube previews when I told about the new device and she thinks for the price I better buy a DTEK50.

So she said she will buy me the KEYone for my birthday if it has stereo speakers and rgb led otherwise she will buy me a good book and keep my passport as daily user till the device died (I will make it quick)

So I read nothing about the speakers and it seems the led is white? what you guys thinking
    04-14-17 06:06 PM
    Multi-color LED I thought. Can't imagine mono speaker these days!

But you might need a good reading recommendation. This is a fantastic book:

Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250060176...UvbUpU12837219
    werkregen likes this.
    04-14-17 06:20 PM
    And I share that as a true blackberry addict. Just fantastic at how lost Mike and Jim were. They could have easily adapted quicker than they did but......
    04-14-17 06:21 PM
    Man, you missed a lot!

LED is RGB, speakers on the pre-production model phones appear to be mono, but many are either a.) saying the actual phone released will have stereo, or b.) accepted that it will have mono and convincing themselves that it's not needed.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    04-14-17 06:21 PM

Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250060176...UvbUpU12837223
    Yes indeed. Finished this book (read entirely on my passport!) last week.

Posted via CB10
    jfalkingham likes this.
    04-14-17 06:23 PM

Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250060176...UvbUpU12837227
    I second the book.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    04-14-17 06:24 PM
    And if your birthday comes and the KEYone is still in limbo, you might consider this book instead: https://www.amazon.ca/Waiting-Godot-...UvbUpU12837288
    jfalkingham and anon(3641385) like this.
    04-14-17 07:36 PM
    Get a book.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:37 PM
    As for books to read. What genre do you like? Books are very personal and is hard to recommend to people that you don't know.

In history, I really like Sapiens: a Brief History of Humankind. This is my number one recommendation. In Science fiction, I've been enjoying Philip K. **** books (Ubik was great, especially for all our tin foil hat wearers here). Fiction, I recently fell in love with Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit, but am currently reading and enjoying 'And the Mountains Echoed' which is a well written historical fiction. Graphic novels, I recently re-read one of my favorites 'Phoenix Karma'. For dense philosophy, a book I keep going back to is 'Inwardness and Existence'.

These are my personal recommendations for the genres I read and I'm not sure if you'd like them because I don't know your interests. But there they are, anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-17 08:13 PM
    And if your birthday comes and the KEYone is still in limbo, you might consider this book instead: https://www.amazon.ca/Waiting-Godot-...UvbUpU12837341
    That would be a very long wait.
    04-14-17 08:18 PM
    That would be a very long wait.
    Nothing to be done.
    04-14-17 08:25 PM
    I really like sf and fantassy. Books like the orcs and the dwarves are nice to read on the passport with the app bonfire reader.

I see also some books I didn't read from ominaxe. Thanks

I get a KEYone or a good book to read on my Brithday on May 15th-img_20170415_071337.png

I read on blackberry mobile the led is white but nothing about the speakers.

For UK launch the benelux distributor said it will come out at 5 mei for UK but there was no date for the benelux.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:18 AM
    There are pictures with a red and a green LED and I believe Bla1ze confirmed it also. The speakers, mixed signals. We'll just have to wait and see (or hear).

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 01:28 AM
    And if your birthday comes and the KEYone is still in limbo, you might consider this book instead: https://www.amazon.ca/Waiting-Godot-...UvbUpU12837524
    Wooot ..... 😂
    04-15-17 01:42 AM
    I read on blackberry mobile the led is white but nothing about the speakers.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, are we really back to that? Despite the pre-production units having RGB as confirmed by myself and everyone who held one. Then it was changed on BB Mobile's website to say RGB, then Bla1ze did a front page whole entire freakin' article on this exact topic to clarify that the white was a typo and it would definitely have a RGB even pointing out that it's been changed on BB Mobile's website?

Have you been living under a rock?? Lol :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(10101748) likes this.
    04-15-17 05:42 AM
    Still blackberrymobile specs are talking about white led. So rock or not it's stated there on there own homepage.

But RGB is fine if it's true and if the KEYone get stereo speakers will be fine. So I Get one

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 07:44 AM
    Still blackberrymobile specs are talking about white led. So rock or not it's stated there on there own homepage.
    At this point I'm assuming it's an RGB LED without the built-in software option to choose notification colors.

This may be why it also says "Some notification options are user configurable".
    04-15-17 10:05 AM

But RGB is fine if it's true and if the KEYone get stereo speakers will be fine. So I Get one

Posted via CB10
    Actually I apologize, it appears for whatever reason they reverted back to their typo. They actually fixed it at one point but they've changed their page since then and they must have copied and pasted from the old page or something...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-15-17 11:43 AM
    No problem, but I like to see my wife buy me the KEYone . She find it funny but it"s more funny because she thinking the KEYone doesn't have RGB led en Stereo speakers (LOL) and I think it will ahave stereo speakers and the LED NO clue!
    04-15-17 01:10 PM
    No problem, but I like to see my wife buy me the KEYone . She find it funny but it"s more funny because she thinking the KEYone doesn't have RGB led en Stereo speakers (LOL) and I think it will ahave stereo speakers and the LED NO clue!
    You will get it, dont worries...
    But for your birthday or for Christmas that is the real question! ;p

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 02:38 PM
    best of luck to get Merc for birthday. As for reading, check peek meme channel for geeky list... besides, like fun reading of The Lost Signal, but it is 30,000 ft view of BB, not ground info. take as movie script of drama. Just finish "The Man for all Markets", great book, it might get you rich if you like Math. Best of luck to get BB.
    04-15-17 05:03 PM
    You will get it, dont worries...
    But for your birthday or for Christmas that is the real question! ;p

Posted via CB10
    We don't do Christmas we have Saint Nicolaas (Sinterklaas) on december the 5th but don't think gone wait that long
    04-16-17 07:08 AM
    So she said she will buy me the KEYone for my birthday if it has stereo speakers and rgb led otherwise she will buy me a good book and keep my passport as daily user till the device died (I will make it quick)
    Enjoy your book lol.
    04-16-17 10:44 AM
    Wow, are we really back to that?
    My thoughts exactly, but the typo is there on some regional sites.
    04-16-17 10:45 AM
    Thanx Bla1ze - I will . I Just finish reading a comic RetroWorld and now I gone stream (playbook) a tv-serie 'The Son" to see if it is any good (first 3 ep).

I will defintely get a Book she said
    04-16-17 10:54 AM
62 123