BlackBerry KeyOne: Black Edition
    BBB 100-1
    Purchased New on Ebay $535.00USD
    Carrier: T-Mobile (switched from Verizon specifically for this phone)
    Prior Phone: BlackBerry PRIV
    (Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with BlackBerry, TLC, or any other organization that manufactures, or sells smartphones.)

Ok, so I'm not going to give long updates going forward. However, I do feel the need to give a brief summary of my two weeks with my KeyOne. I chose this phone over the Motion mostly because of the reviews of the overall build, the camera, and the availability (at the time). I’m not going into every little detail of the phone or my experience with it, just some highlights.

First, the "Feel"
    Upon picking it up for the first time, I immediately felt like this is a true BlackBerry. I don't think I've enjoyed the "feel" of a BlackBerry phone this much. Ever. The cool aluminium frame, coupled with the textured back, gives me the impression of a solid build. The keys on the PKB feel right. I never did use the keys on my PRIV all that often. The keys on my KeyOne make the transition back a pleasant one. I like that it is narrower than my PRIV. The aluminium give it a smooth, premium feel. Two weeks in, I still get a proud, excited feeling that this is my device. It just feels perfect.

The OS
    This is my second Android phone (first was my PRIV) and I am really starting to appreciate the potential of the OS. It's not BB10 and will never be. I'm actually ok with that if BlackBerry keeps adding their flavor to it. Nougat is running so very smoothly for me, I'm enjoying it. I've not experienced any lag, or stuttering as I use the PBK, or navigate between apps. I might get torched for this, but I don't miss BB10 all that much anymore. Sure, it would be cool if more gestures could be added to the Android experience. But, I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the Android experience on my KeyOne.

The Screen Size
    I thought this was going to be a problem for me since I was coming from a larger screen on my PRIV. Its been just about two weeks, but I'm still consuming the same amount of media that I was before. I haven't once felt that my experience has suffered with the smaller screen. It's bright, crisp, and the colors look gorgeous. I'm not a spec chaser, so I can't join the LCD vs AMOLED discussion in a knowledgeable way, so I'll stay away from it. For me, the screen displays colors in a vibrant way and is plenty big enough for my work/play lifestyle.

Battery
    I've been excited about the battery. I usually pick up my phone around 6:30-7:00am and start using it right away. By the time I am ready to put it down by 10:00-11:00pm I still have, on average, 25% battery left. I am a heavy user throughout the day. The email app I use for work is a big battery sucker and the enterprise chat app I use I'm logged into on and off as I'm out and about. I'm thrilled that I can use these apps and everything else I need throughout the day and not have to worry about charging it until I go to bed.

Camera
    This one one of the main reasons I chose the KeyOne over waiting for the Motion. From what I saw and read, the camera seems to be a little better with the KeyOne. So far, I've not been disappointed. I have an Instagram feed (@candidberrytales) and have been posting a few pics with my new KeyOne and I've been happy so far. Pictures of my kids, and everyday snaps look fantastic. I've not analyzed this closely, but I feel like the photos are a little more crisp than my PRIV. It could be just confirmation bias on my part since the phone is new and I'm in the Honeymoon phase. I will have to really look at my past and present photos on Instagram to really compare (@candidberrytales).

Overall, I LOVE this freaking phone. It does everything I need and more. People notice it when I'm out. Its black, sleek, and sexy. I cannot say how happy I am that I took a gamble and snagged one. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer or give any input that I can.
    01-23-18 08:12 AM
    Another happy punter. I subscribe to your views. Im loving it more and more
    CandidBerrytales likes this.
    01-23-18 08:48 AM
    very good review.
    CandidBerrytales and rarsen like this.
    01-23-18 08:55 AM
    Great review!!!!
    CandidBerrytales likes this.
    01-23-18 08:57 AM
    It's a phone I love more more and more with each day that passes.

My only slight fear is TCL are gonna mess up the key two
    01-23-18 12:53 PM
    It's a phone I love more more and more with each day that passes.

My only slight fear is TCL are gonna mess up the key two
    Since they got the KeyOne so right, I will trust them. It doesn't mean they won't, it just means I trust them for now lol.

I will admit I didn't want another PKB device. I was holding out for the Motion. The more I looked at the KeyOne the more it called to me.
    01-23-18 03:04 PM
    I totally agree. I am a user of Blackberry KeyOne since may and changed over to the Black Edition since November... Every day more satisfied (germany)
    01-23-18 03:17 PM
    I second your views. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has been for me the true heir to my Passport. While the PRIV was OK, I found too many details where it lacked. While in my case, I do miss certain things from BB10 and actually still use my Passport quite a lot at home, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ has truly become my daily workhorse.

With the PRIV, I was afraid of running out of battery midday or having to at least charge at the end of my workday at the office. With the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, while I have a car charger, I haven't once required it. I only used it once when testing out the cable.

My girlfriend also has a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and charges it every other day. She is a heavy social media user and coming from a Q10, has been blown away by the battery duration.

While Android has some hiccups (including some rogue apps), there's no other way in life but to move forward. I'm a pkb guy and there's no other viable option on the market for me. While BB10 was amazing and I mis the gestures and native integration of the Hub, I can say that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the one device with which I can comfortably use Android and not complain about it (except for crappy Facebook). Sadly, I couldn't say the same thing about the PRIV, I'm glad for the switch.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    01-23-18 03:53 PM
    I second your views. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has been for me the true heir to my Passport. While the PRIV was OK, I found too many details where it lacked. While in my case, I do miss certain things from BB10 and actually still use my Passport quite a lot at home, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ has truly become my daily workhorse.

With the PRIV, I was afraid of running out of battery midday or having to at least charge at the end of my workday at the office. With the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, while I have a car charger, I haven't once required it. I only used it once when testing out the cable.

My girlfriend also has a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and charges it every other day. She is a heavy social media user and coming from a Q10, has been blown away by the battery duration.

While Android has some hiccups (including some rogue apps), there's no other way in life but to move forward. I'm a pkb guy and there's no other viable option on the market for me. While BB10 was amazing and I mis the gestures and native integration of the Hub, I can say that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the one device with which I can comfortably use Android and not complain about it (except for crappy Facebook). Sadly, I couldn't say the same thing about the PRIV, I'm glad for the switch.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    Priv can get very decent battery life when optimized and used non CPU/GPU intensively. I get about 4.5-5.5 hours SOT on mine, and it reached 6 a couple times.

That said, it can never reach KEYone levels of efficiency.

As for Facebook, try downloading Facebook Lite from apkmirror.
    01-23-18 04:42 PM
    Like yourself, I came from the PRIV and love my k1.

It's not what people classify as a top of the line phone but I don't mind!

The phone works well, is pretty well built and will most certainly work really well for the 2 years I normally use a phone before I change it.

All in all its a must buy recommendation.
    01-23-18 05:24 PM
    Priv can get very decent battery life when optimized and used non CPU/GPU intensively. I get about 4.5-5.5 hours SOT on mine, and it reached 6 a couple times.

That said, it can never reach KEYone levels of efficiency.

As for Facebook, try downloading Facebook Lite from apkmirror.
    I'm not dismissing the PRIV at all. I think it was a good first try on Android and when it was launched it was definitely on par with other devices. While I do agree you could get some decent juice out of the battery, it required quite a lot of tweaking, whereas with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ you get it out of the box.

The PRIV had a great form factor, but the issue with a mushier pkb and having to slide up the screen to use it, got some of us tired. Here's where the KEYᵒⁿᵉ excells: it's designed for hardcore pkb fans, while the PRIV just "offered" a subpar pkb alternative.

For the record, I could rarely get over 3 hours of SOT on the PRIV, while on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I've gotten close to 8. Thus, for everyday use, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ gives me confidence that no matter my medium to hard use, I'll have enough juice. Plus, multitasking wise, there's no comparison. I do have the Black Edition with 4 GB, but my gf has the Silver and hasn't so far complained.

Regarding Facebook Lite, it's actually available in Mexico on the Play Store and I've tried it since my BB10 days. It's a simple replacement but lacks features which are essential (and perhaps obvious). For instance, erasing and editing comments; or being able to use the external browser to view links.

My main gripe with Facebook was an issue I had lacking push notifications, both on the PRIV since around October, and then when I switched to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ a month later. This also affected the Facebook Lite app. I was only able to get push notifications through unofficial clients, such as Swipe (best one I've tried).

In the end, it got fixed some days after Facebook asked me to fill out a survey, so I'm sure it was an issue with their algorithm and my account. For the record, I tried practically every tip found on the Web and actively participated in a post on the CB forums (search for "Facebook push notifications" ).

The Facebook app is generally crappy, and a storage and resource hog, but the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is actually able to cope much better with it than the PRIV. Facebook Lite is a good alternative, but at the moment, I'd rather be able to edit and delete comments, and use the external browser.
    01-24-18 12:32 PM
    my black K1 has been good and there are issues at times when I lay it down then then double tap the screen and it does not wake up and at times you almost have to beat it with your fist or press the power button I guess this fricking thing goes in a coma when its sleeping it really pisses me off but over all its a good phone.
    wish it was a tad wider and screen a tad larger but again overall its a good phones and love the PKB to knock out emails and BBM's
    01-24-18 01:40 PM
    I had the Priv, which I did love and am keeping as my back up. I bought the silver K1 and then upgraded to the Black Limited Edition. Absolutely loving this device. Great feel, design, battery life, keyboard, OS and just the good old BlackBerry feeling.
    01-24-18 10:55 PM
    Good review. I agree with your views. I feel like the device that was a true blackberry was the 9900. For me, the Keyone is a hybrid device. Everyday I use it it becomes clear to me that this may be the best blackberry I have ever used.

It has certainly been the most productive one I have used. I will have to say overall, this is my favorite blackberry to date. It gives me the 9900 elements along with the entertainment of a slab android phone. I am very content with this phone and will last for the long haul.

I am happy that they will come out with a "Keytwo." As long as blackberry mobile keeps making devices this good, I will continue to support them.
    01-25-18 08:44 AM
    I picked up my Keyone a couple of weeks ago from Best Buy for $449. I'm on VZW. I love this phone. I can't tell you how many people have seen it and asked about it. When they get their hands on it they can't put it down. This phone is a winner! I do miss my Z30 though.
    gokulesh, FF22 and Avenzuno like this.
    01-25-18 05:16 PM
    Thank you all for the replies! it's fun to see what phone people are coming from and what their experience with the KeyOne has been so far.
    01-27-18 07:09 AM