There are people who post on every thread because they are enjoying their phone, are BlackBerry fans, are sharing their fun experiences. They're genuinely excited. I get it.

Then there are those familiar names who post on every single thread who don't even own the KeyONE, bash the phone and companies unconditionally, and revel in dumping on people and the product at every moment...with each new BlackBerry release. Why??? How??? Don't get this at all.
    jakie55, nolimits7, hpjrt and 2 others like this.
    06-09-17 10:29 PM
    There are people who post on every thread because they are enjoying their phone, are BlackBerry fans, are sharing their fun experiences. They're genuinely excited. I get it.

Then there are those familiar names who post on every single thread who don't even own the KeyONE, bash the phone and companies unconditionally, and revel in dumping on people and the product at every moment...with each new BlackBerry release. Why??? How??? Don't get this at all.
    Don't worry about it! You're giving them way too much time and space for free - ignore them!! Lol they aren't worth it, it's just social media. They get a rise so they multiply
    06-09-17 10:32 PM
    I've been pretty fair to BlackBerry. I wasn't excited about getting an Android, but it's been a great experience with the KEYone so far. I gave up BlackBerry 10 when I sold my Classic a few weeks ago, and dove into Android with the KEYone.

I know there are people with defective units, just like there people with iPhones that bent, or 6 and 6S models that had to have batteries be replaced.

Could the KEYone launch have been better? absolutely. It could have been more widely available, and BlackBerry Mobile could have been better about providing updates as to when/where the phone would be available, and address the short supply better too.

I also wish BlackBerry Mobile had accessories available at launch. But my KEYone is great so far, and so is this Incipio Octane Pure case that I got, so I'm happy.
    06-09-17 10:39 PM
    Passion about BB is what makes this site great. Some are thrilled with everything BB does, some are upset. There is enough good and bad about BB for all of us to discuss.

I am a BB fan, but am not blind to the issues that the brand has had in the past and still does. Some are apologists and whitewash the problems. Others are haters and like nothing about BB. At the end of the day, I feel that BB products work for me, and I support them. If that ever changes, I will vote with my wallet.
    06-09-17 10:45 PM
    Yes OP you are correct. But there are those who generally want success for BlackBerry devices and are critical of some of the things BlackBerry Mobile has done, mainly lack of communication. I own the KEYone myself and it's the best BlackBerry I have owned but I also don't always agree with some things the company does. It just means some people don't have bias one way or the other. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    falbo, fanisk and nolimits7 like this.
    06-09-17 10:52 PM
    By the way I don't get them either.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 10:54 PM

What I don't get is the following:

Why, oh why are people so intolerant when it comes to personal opinions?

Diversity is the key of success, in any context in the universe. Matter needs antimatter, there's not only one type of bacteria on your skin, your guts or your mouth, AND there's not only one opinion in the world about everything (yet, the media is very busy in achieving this).

So your post here is the first step in not accepting people's opinion.

As mentioned already here (thank you), PASSION is the keyword. People are passionate about something and they should be allowed to express it. Live and let live, in other words: be tolerant as we are all living on the SAME planet. Only because you might be in a different country/continent doesn't meant I'm not your neighbour.

There's a learning curve in this but please start to accept and be tolerant about everything you read here, because you might have expected the same when you created this post.

Thank you

A human being, as you all are too.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 10:59 PM

How can you tell if they own the phone or not?

Someone posts a comment you don't agree with, yeah, they must not have the phone.

🙄
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-09-17 11:15 PM
    I received my KEYone on the 31st. I love it. Amid all the negativity that's SO prevalent on this site, I removed the Crackberry icon from my home screen today (no keyboard short cut either). I stopped short of uninstalling the app, but I plan to spend far less time here in the future. Blackberry's #1 fan site has become tiresome and depressing at times, as the negative threads seem to get the most posts.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-09-17 11:15 PM

THeyre usually ios and apple people! Just sayn!
    06-10-17 11:25 AM
    And Android,,.just saying as well
    06-10-17 11:28 AM

It works both ways, there are people who jump in on every thread to defend BlackBerry unconditionally as well. Everybody gets an opinion and we can't talk over one another, if you have an opinion it will get read if you want it to. That's the beauty of a public forum.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-10-17 11:45 AM

I love my blackberry keyone it's awesome
    06-10-17 11:49 AM
    I received my KEYone on the 31st. I love it. Amid all the negativity that's SO prevalent on this site, I removed the Crackberry icon from my home screen today (no keyboard short cut either). I stopped short of uninstalling the app, but I plan to spend far less time here in the future. Blackberry's #1 fan site has become tiresome and depressing at times, as the negative threads seem to get the most posts.
    They should the negative thread
    06-10-17 11:51 AM
    CrackBerry has always been home to a strong wash of opinions, both positive and negative. That is, in my opinion, part of what makes it great. As things took a turn for the worse in the RIM days, the negativity did seem to overtake the positivity at times, but I understand that. There's no denying it can be somewhat tiresome, but that's life on CrackBerry I suppose!

Some have mentioned it, but I think there's an important differentiation to be made between those who are just being critical and "troll like" for the sake of being negative and a downer on everyones parade, and those who are critical out of a real desire for BlackBerry Mobile, and future products, to be successful.

I can appreciate that, though I do feel some people have a tendency to go a bit far, sometimes that means we see threads closed and such (thank you mods!), but I can at least appreciate where they're coming from.
    06-10-17 12:09 PM

Diversity is the key of success, in any context in the universe. Matter needs antimatter, there's not only one type of bacteria on your skin, your guts or your mouth, AND there's not only one opinion in the world about everything (yet, the media is very busy in achieving this).

So your post here is the first step in not accepting people's opinion.

As mentioned already here (thank you), PASSION is the keyword. People are passionate about something and they should be allowed to express it. Live and let live, in other words: be tolerant as we are all living on the SAME planet. Only because you might be in a different country/continent doesn't meant I'm not your neighbour.

There's a learning curve in this but please start to accept and be tolerant about everything you read here, because you might have expected the same when you created this post.

Thank you

A human being, as you all are too.

Posted via CB10
    Very nice post. The world needs more insightful thinkers.
    06-10-17 12:12 PM

06-10-17 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because clueless people shouldn't form opinions until they do some research, perhaps even ask a few questions and figure out what they're talking about.

There's a culture problem where the internet is being dominated by trolls or people with no idea.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    06-10-17 05:29 PM
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion and if it was just an echo chamber it wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

But yeah, there's a few contrarians I've noticed who seem to feed off pure negativity surrounding the brand, and thrive on it. They tend to go silent once the issue resolves (or they move on to the next crisis). I guess they're the mobile equivalent of ambulance chasers?

My only concern with the most recent hype and controversy is that all of the negative feedback will be so successful that TCL will conclude that it's not worth it to make PKB devices anymore and stick with slabs. It's already such a fragile market that I fear it won't take much to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

TCL of course owns a share of the blame for failing to communicate properly around the launch, but every instinct tells me this is not a fundamental design flaw of the device, but some kind of factory cockup that relates to the adhesive (it's application, environmental conditions that affected the chemical bonding, a glitch on the floor that resulted in some devices not getting any adhesive, etc.) Even JerryRig in his video said it was an easy fix.

Now that they've responded my (vain?) hope is that people will at least give them a chance to 'fix' the crisis and the hyperbole will tone down. But that's wishful thinking no doubt.

In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my beautiful KeyONE and hope the crisis resolves successfully to everyone's satisfaction. Except the mobile ambulance chasers, they'll never be satisfied I'm sure, lol.
    06-11-17 06:35 PM

I personally do not have the keyone but I can definitely say that it looks awesome and feels great in hand

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 06:37 PM

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums!

It's been this way since I joined in 2012.

There's plenty of people with enthusiasm and willing to help others with issues and share tips. But there are even more "former BlackBerry users"... who used to LOVE their BlackBerry, but now feel jaded and feel it's their crusade to inform anyone still in the fold the errors of their ways.

I appreciate the efforts of the mods here but they're drowning trying to keep up with the haters.

Before I bought my first smartphone back in 2012 I researched all the options out there and settled on BB10. That was before I stumbled on CrackBerry... If I had found this place first I probably would never have bought a BlackBerry as the negativity and hatred here was deafening.

All I can say is that so many people are passionate about BlackBerry, and their moods and feelings seem to swing wildly with the success or failure of the company and their devices.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.2205 | Bell
    Last edited by laketrout73; 06-11-17 at 07:50 PM.
    06-11-17 06:57 PM

I think your being unfair at the very least. Yes some are just complaing to complain. But most are honestly looking for help or input.

There are always complainers.........I only won a million.....that other guy won a million point one. You know the type, just take a breath and enjoy your phone. In the end that's what it is about, isn't it?
    06-11-17 07:09 PM

I think your being unfair at the very least. Yes some are just complaining to complain. But most are honestly looking for help or input.

There are always complainers.........I only won a million.....that other guy won a million point one. You know the type, just take a breath and enjoy your phone. In the end that's what it is about, isn't it?
    06-11-17 07:09 PM
    What OP is saying is that these user do not own or like BlackBerry or at least anymore and have moved on to another platform, does not own or use BlackBerry as daily driver anymore but feel incline to attack the brand none the less. The day I stop using a BlackBerry and move on to a different daily driver is the day I delete my crackberry account.
    Most comment and jab at BlackBerry even in threads under forums headings that they have never even seen or touch the device. This is the OP's point.
    06-11-17 11:20 PM
    Did you not buy the Keyone thanks to CBK? So, do not do anything such as that above! You should be glad, as I'm glad, that there's problem with the device at all.

Truth disclosed: do not change who you are or what you do because of morons!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 01:58 AM
27 12