My Regions mobile banking app worked perfectly until recently. Suddenly it just started crashing at start-up. The error message is: Error Code 605 - Unexpected error. OK. When I click on OK the app closes.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have uninstalled and reinstalled this app several times, but it keeps doing the same thing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Peace, Love, and Light!
    02-08-18 09:16 AM
    My Regions mobile banking app worked perfectly until recently. Suddenly it just started crashing at start-up. The error message is: Error Code 605 - Unexpected error. OK. When I click on OK the app closes.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have uninstalled and reinstalled this app several times, but it keeps doing the same thing.

Peace, Love, and Light!
    Did they push an update recently or something? Check the recent reviews in Google play and see if others are having the same issue.
    02-08-18 09:28 AM
    Im having the same issue, any answers or thoughts?
    05-22-18 04:16 PM
    Im having the same issue, any answers or thoughts?
    It would appear that the issue originates at the Regions end. Just did an internet search and there are lots of people unable to login to their accounts.
    05-23-18 10:38 PM

Peace, Love, and Light!
    I've exchanged emails with their technical support. Basically, Blackberry device is NOT supported by Regions app anymore - whether it be Blackberry OS10 or Android OS. After switching to Regions, I'm regretting already. I'm planning to change my bank that has an app that works.

10-08-18 02:52 PM
    I've exchanged emails with their technical support. Basically, Blackberry device is NOT supported by Regions app anymore - whether it be Blackberry OS10 or Android OS. After switching to Regions, I'm regretting already. I'm planning to change my bank that has an app that works.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it's not just Regions. I've come across other apps that either wouldn't work or had some functionality that wouldn't work. Tech support would always has the same, "We don't support Blackberry" answer.

This has finally opened me up to moving on. (Dodging insults from the fanboys). :-)
    06-28-19 10:12 AM
    Don't shoot the messenger, but it's not just Regions. I've come across other apps that either wouldn't work or had some functionality that wouldn't work. Tech support would always has the same, "We don't support Blackberry" answer.

This has finally opened me up to moving on. (Dodging insults from the fanboys). :-)
    The Regions app is supported on BlackBerry still if you're on a BlackBerry Android model. The people you're speaking to are incorrect saying BlackBerry isn't supported if you're referring to BlackBerry Android hardware like Key series running Oreo and probably still Nougat as well.

The BB10 and BBOS from BlackBerry are what's not supported. That being said. Just call them and tell support person you're running whatever Android version is on your device like, 7.1 or 8.1 etc, and just say you're on whatever top selling Android you feel like. At that point, they'll walk you through process to fix the glitches.
    06-28-19 11:24 AM
    The Regions app is supported on BlackBerry still if you're on a BlackBerry Android model. The people you're speaking to are incorrect saying BlackBerry isn't supported if you're referring to BlackBerry Android hardware like Key series running Oreo and probably still Nougat as well.

The BB10 and BBOS from BlackBerry are what's not supported. That being said. Just call them and tell support person you're running whatever Android version is on your device like, 7.1 or 8.1 etc, and just say you're on whatever top selling Android you feel like. At that point, they'll walk you through process to fix the glitches.
    I will let you know what Regions says (I hope you are correct). Here's a response from another app (YouVersion) about issues their app has on Blackberry android phones: "Thank you for contacting YouVersion Support. Unfortunately we currently do not have permanent BlackBerry support volunteer staff.
    If you are interested in becoming a user support volunteer please visit and apply at youversion.com/volunteer."

So, whether or not it SHOULD matter.... when some of these tech folks see "Blackberry", it DOES matter. They assume it is the old BB, not an android phone with a BB logo- even though I explain it.
    06-28-19 11:38 AM
    I will let you know what Regions says (I hope you are correct). Here's a response from another app (YouVersion) about issues their app has on Blackberry android phones: "Thank you for contacting YouVersion Support. Unfortunately we currently do not have permanent BlackBerry support volunteer staff.
    If you are interested in becoming a user support volunteer please visit and apply at youversion.com/volunteer."

So, whether or not it SHOULD matter.... when some of these tech folks see "Blackberry", it DOES matter. They assume it is the old BB, not an android phone with a BB logo- even though I explain it.
    I gave up long ago explaining BlackBerry to outside people. Real support people know the difference, however, the uninformed don't have " lack of knowledge" warning recording before taking your call, text, chat or email. I always say I'm using the LG Vxxx that's been out for 12-18 months.....they have no clue.... Hope you have better luck
    06-28-19 11:43 AM
    Just got off the phone with Regions App Support. At first I said I have an android phone. She kept persisting with "What brand?" As soooooooon as I said Blackberry KeyOne, it was over. "Blackberry phones are not compatible with our app".

I explained that it is (at least in theory) a full Android phone with a BB logo. She went on to say there are several android phones that are also not compatible.

I hate to say I told ya so, but......
    06-28-19 12:37 PM
    Just got off the phone with Regions App Support. At first I said I have an android phone. She kept persisting with "What brand?" As soooooooon as I said Blackberry KeyOne, it was over. "Blackberry phones are not compatible with our app".

I explained that it is (at least in theory) a full Android phone with a BB logo. She went on to say there are several android phones that are also not compatible.

I hate to say I told ya so, but......
    So you just couldn't do the Chuck fib thing...lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 12:39 PM
    So you just couldn't do the Chuck fib thing...lol.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't have to. Stuff should just work.
    06-28-19 12:41 PM
    Shouldn't have to. Stuff should just work.
    True. I wonder what other Android phones she would've said aren't compatible...

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 12:45 PM
    Even more confusing, my Google play shows the Regions app as compatible with my Keyone.
    Attached Thumbnails I Can’t Get The Regions mobile App to Work On My KeyOne - Help!-31220.jpg  
    06-28-19 12:54 PM
    Even more confusing, my Google play shows the Regions app as compatible with my Keyone.
    That's my point. It's older versions of Android or non certified devices that aren't compatible. Yours could be as simple as uninstall and reinstall the Regions app to something in Android settings or deeper. Either tell different compatible device or that yours is listed compatible. Ask for supervisor and be more demanding.
    06-28-19 03:04 PM
    That's my point. It's older versions of Android or non certified devices that aren't compatible. Yours could be as simple as uninstall and reinstall the Regions app to something in Android settings or deeper. Either tell different compatible device or that yours is listed compatible. Ask for supervisor and be more demanding.
    I uninstalled several times.... I d/l the previous 3 versions of the Regions apk. Same error message. I could go through the steps you listed, and tweak, and fiddle..... or I could get a phone with an OS that just works out of the box and use my time more productively.

I'm as big a BlackBerry fan as any of you. (Go to my dealership site (www.herringford.com) and see my KeyOne in EVERY vehicle pic on our site!) I'm not excited about being an iSheep..... But I have to function in the IT world today and this stuff just doesn't cut it.
    06-28-19 03:29 PM
    I uninstalled several times.... I d/l the previous 3 versions of the Regions apk. Same error message. I could go through the steps you listed, and tweak, and fiddle..... or I could get a phone with an OS that just works out of the box and use my time more productively.

I'm as big a BlackBerry fan as any of you. (Go to my dealership site (www.herringford.com) and see my KeyOne in EVERY vehicle pic on our site!) I'm not excited about being an iSheep..... But I have to function in the IT world today and this stuff just doesn't cut it.
    My point is that it's not the phone. It's either corrupt Android install or your Regions profile. My experience is not from the IT side but the Financial Services end of things. If you login from another type Android device, then it's a corrupted install that needs to be scrubbed from cache but I'm not experienced with that. @conite @Dunt Dunt Dunt
    06-28-19 03:35 PM
    My point is that it's not the phone. It's either corrupt Android install or your Regions profile. My experience is not from the IT side but the Financial Services end of things. If you login from another type Android device, then it's a corrupted install that needs to be scrubbed from cache but I'm not experienced with that. @conite @Dunt Dunt Dunt
    Fyi, not available on my android tablet....
    06-29-19 10:43 AM
    Fyi, not available on my android tablet....
    The current Regions app is supported on both my AT&T 3/32 KEYone and my BE 4/64 KEYone currently. Both are running Oreo 8.1 June patch and April patch.

Somewhere, I remember after uninstalling app, cache and temporary memory should be cleared. I'd also remove it from my app store of previously installed apps or app not on this device section. After that, I'd do a 32 second reboot and then reinstall.
    06-29-19 11:44 AM
    I have the AT&T Keyone. All patches current. I COULD take more time to troubleshoot, but it seems easier (short term & long term) to just upgrade. Soooo many little quirks that just never get "right". I can't be the only one that spends too much time trying to get this Android stuff to do simple stuff consistently??
    06-29-19 11:55 AM
    I have the AT&T Keyone. All patches current. I COULD take more time to troubleshoot, but it seems easier (short term & long term) to just upgrade. Soooo many little quirks that just never get "right". I can't be the only one that spends too much time trying to get this Android stuff to do simple stuff consistently??
    I've never had any of the problems you're having when on a compatible device unlike your before mentioned tablet. From the reviews of the Regions app, it appears there was a problem with a recent app update that affected Android users across many OEM brands. You could literally get a brand new flagship Android device and still get the same error message as it appears either download is corrupted or your Region profile could be corrupt. I don't like spending money if unnecessary to poor customer service. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong on your BlackBerry KEYone outside the app itself and that your vendor employs people that don't listen. Just say Android, then go from there.
    06-29-19 12:29 PM
    there ARE other banks too...
    07-01-19 10:57 AM
    I suspect it's easier to change a phone than a Bank you've been dealing with for years... might have car and home mortgage with.
    07-01-19 11:33 AM
    2 banks then
    07-01-19 01:40 PM
    You think? There are other banks????? I use two other banks, but Regions was the only one in my area that offered a Student Checking/Debit account for my 15 yr old daughter.
    07-01-19 02:40 PM
33 12