I have avoided full wipes in the past but am now a believer for several reasons. I have had my KEYone for several years. Recently, several apps began misbehaving such as blackberry camera, downloader, google photos and file manager. Camera and Photos would sometimes open and then close themselves within 30 seconds. New photos I took using camera would not show up in Photos. Downloader sometimes would not open. File manager sometimes couldn't paste files I had copied to the clipboard. I rebooted many times, did a 32 sec reboot many times, and tried a number of other things. I have noticed over time that my device memory was getting full. Recently it had been up to 92% of my 32GB memory. I deleted some apps and cleaned up memory and got it down to 89% but that didn't seem to help. I replaced my microSD card but to no avail. I removed the SD card altogether and set the camera app to no longer use the media card when storing new photos. The same problems continued to occur even with no SD card installed. I tried the no wipe autoloader for ABY299 but continued to have the same problems (while the KEYone was being updated I always used the no wipe autoloaders). After trying everything else I knew to do I used the wipe version of the ABY299 autoloader. Google backup did a good job of reloading my 97 apps, restoring my text messages, etc. It took me 4 or 5 hours to get all of my icons back in the locations I wanted, log in to all of the apps that require passwords, add my accounts back, set my notifications back to my preferences, set up my work e-mail and RSA token, set up google voice again, etc. I have the same micro SD card in my device that I had while the problems were occurring. It has now been 18 hours since I did the wipe and I have not had a single problem with any of the apps that were causing problems prior to the full wipe. My internal memory is now only showing 57% full. I am not sure why the internal memory utilization was so high before the wipe since all apps that can were saving to the micro SD card. When I look at the breakdown of the internal memory, usage by apps has a large reduction as compared to pre-wipe. It seems there was a lot of "junk" in the internal memory that was taking up space. I wonder if somehow something in the file structure had gotten messed up or perhaps an app had gone haywire and wrote things in internal memory but never cleaned up after itself. In any event, the phone is much more responsive than it was before the full wipe and my problems are completely gone. So, the full wipe provided 3 benefits: 1) solved the problems I was having with camera, photos, downloader, file manager, etc. 2) Freed up a large portion of my device's internal memory, and 3) restored the snappiness and smoothness of the device. I have heard of others who indicated they do a full wipe once per year. I will have to consider doing a full wipe on some periodic basis, if I see internal memory getting full or if my device gets sluggish again. I wanted to post this in the event anyone was debating about whether to use no-wipe or full-wipe or in the event they were experiencing similar problems to mine.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-19-20 11:18 AM
    I have avoided full wipes in the past but am now a believer for several reasons. I have had my KEYone for several years. Recently, several apps began misbehaving such as blackberry camera, downloader, google photos and file manager. Camera and Photos would sometimes open and then close themselves within 30 seconds. New photos I took using camera would not show up in Photos. Downloader sometimes would not open. File manager sometimes couldn't paste files I had copied to the clipboard. I rebooted many times, did a 32 sec reboot many times, and tried a number of other things. I have noticed over time that my device memory was getting full. Recently it had been up to 92% of my 32GB memory. I deleted some apps and cleaned up memory and got it down to 89% but that didn't seem to help. I replaced my microSD card but to no avail. I removed the SD card altogether and set the camera app to no longer use the media card when storing new photos. The same problems continued to occur even with no SD card installed. I tried the no wipe autoloader for ABY299 but continued to have the same problems (while the KEYone was being updated I always used the no wipe autoloaders). After trying everything else I knew to do I used the wipe version of the ABY299 autoloader. Google backup did a good job of reloading my 97 apps, restoring my text messages, etc. It took me 4 or 5 hours to get all of my icons back in the locations I wanted, log in to all of the apps that require passwords, add my accounts back, set my notifications back to my preferences, set up my work e-mail and RSA token, set up google voice again, etc. I have the same micro SD card in my device that I had while the problems were occurring. It has now been 18 hours since I did the wipe and I have not had a single problem with any of the apps that were causing problems prior to the full wipe. My internal memory is now only showing 57% full. I am not sure why the internal memory utilization was so high before the wipe since all apps that can were saving to the micro SD card. When I look at the breakdown of the internal memory, usage by apps has a large reduction as compared to pre-wipe. It seems there was a lot of "junk" in the internal memory that was taking up space. I wonder if somehow something in the file structure had gotten messed up or perhaps an app had gone haywire and wrote things in internal memory but never cleaned up after itself. In any event, the phone is much more responsive than it was before the full wipe and my problems are completely gone. So, the full wipe provided 3 benefits: 1) solved the problems I was having with camera, photos, downloader, file manager, etc. 2) Freed up a large portion of my device's internal memory, and 3) restored the snappiness and smoothness of the device. I have heard of others who indicated they do a full wipe once per year. I will have to consider doing a full wipe on some periodic basis, if I see internal memory getting full or if my device gets sluggish again. I wanted to post this in the event anyone was debating about whether to use no-wipe or full-wipe or in the event they were experiencing similar problems to mine.
    Yes. Wipe autoloader or factory reset once in a while is always good.
    12-19-20 11:57 AM
    sure gives the phone a fresh start. before it gets cluttered once more.
    12-22-20 10:12 PM