Hey all,
    So...got to see a Keyone up close today - absolutely beautiful. Also got to play with a store employee version for a few seconds (ironically it was owned by the Google rep lol). Love the device and will be getting. Being in Canada I am subject to the awful launch and non-availability of an unlocked version until "June" - which we all know, knowing how this launch went so far, that "June" means June 30. I don't want to wait that long.

The conundrum...I have a long ended now month to month contract with Bell that is too good to give up - meaning I don't plan on leaving Bell anytime soon. Thought...might as well just get the Bell carrier version - what does it really matter (in my situation). But then I remembered people talking about the pushed updates. So apparently Blackberry/TCL is going to push once a month updates, while carrier versions will have to rely on their carrier for updates. Anyone living in Canada knows what's THAT is like....

So...what if I buy my Keyone from Bell and unlock it - would I then have access to BB/TCL push updates or would they still come from Bell?

Besides being locked and potentially having carrier bloat ware and this update concern, are there any other differences?
    06-03-17 12:01 AM
    it will come from Bell, most likely.
    06-03-17 12:02 AM
    Still come from bell even if you unlocked it
    06-03-17 12:18 AM
    Use a autoloader if you want them faster
    06-03-17 12:26 AM
    Because of the Bell Sim, it would still come from Bell. ( I certainly could be wrong, but the autoloader situation was only a special case for the AT&T unlocked version sold through third party venders)
    06-03-17 02:43 AM
    Pushed updates are terrible. I choose.
    06-03-17 08:56 AM
    Because of the Bell Sim, it would still come from Bell. ( I certainly could be wrong, but the autoloader situation was only a special case for the AT&T unlocked version sold through third party venders)
    I believe the autoloader can be used on any version but stand to be corrected.
    06-03-17 09:41 AM