Had chrome disabled and chrome beta running... all was OK for hub replies... they both inadvertently updated... "cannot display" came baci... so I disabled chrome and enabled chrome BETA and it's OK but now playstore wants to update "Android Web Viewer" ...is THAT the offender ??
    10-11-19 10:41 AM
    Had chrome disabled and chrome beta running... all was OK for hub replies... they both inadvertently updated... "cannot display" came baci... so I disabled chrome and enabled chrome BETA and it's OK but now playstore wants to update "Android Web Viewer" ...is THAT the offender ??
    When you disable Chrome, WebView implementation reverts to the WebView app. Since you haven't used it in a long time, it hasn't been updated - hence the error in the HUB.

If you are using the most recent Hub apps, and Chrome, you would have no issues. I'd go into developer options and set it back to Chrome.
    10-11-19 11:53 AM
    OK, but will updating the WEB VIEWER cause they problem with "cannot display web page…" in emails recur?
    10-11-19 12:01 PM
    OK, but will updating the WEB VIEWER cause they problem with "cannot display web page…" in emails recur?
    No. The current versions of all of those apps will not cause issues.
    10-11-19 12:42 PM
    I'd go into developer options and set it back to Chrome.
    What setting in developer options controls this behavior?
    10-11-19 09:30 PM
    What setting in developer options controls this behavior?
    "WebView implementation"
    10-11-19 11:12 PM
    No. The current versions of all of those apps will not cause issues.
    Enabling chrome produces the issue
    10-12-19 01:49 PM
    "WebView implementation"
    What should be the selected option there?
    10-12-19 01:51 PM
    What should be the selected option there?
    The only choices are various editions of Chrome, or the WebView app.

Chrome is the default, preferred, and less resource-intensive solution.
    10-12-19 01:58 PM
    I have chrome disabled. It put up web view to update on PlayStore and I did... now the "cannot display" misery is back...
    10-12-19 02:00 PM
    Enabling chrome produces the issue
    No issue here.
    10-12-19 02:00 PM
    I have chrome disabled. It put up web view to update on PlayyStore and I did... now the "cannot display" misery is back...
    Of course. If you disable Chrome, the only remaining solution is the WebView app.

But it works fine too. It's just not as resource-friendly.
    10-12-19 02:01 PM
    I have chrome disabled. It put up web view to update on PlayStore and I did... now the "cannot display" misery is back...

So I enabled chrome and problem is resolved... but I know from prior experience it I update chrome, problem will resume. I have disabled chrome auto update in Playßtore...

I use chrome beta for everything since I like the "duet" bottom bar...

T'is a puzzlement
    10-12-19 02:15 PM

So I enabled chrome and problem is resolved... but I know from prior experience it I update chrome, problem will resume. I have disabled chrome auto update in Playßtore...

I use chrome beta for everything since I like the "duet" bottom bar...

T'is a puzzlement
    If you use the current BlackBerry apps, there is no issue with the latest Chrome or WebView app.

You need to stay on the latest of all to avoid security issues.
    10-12-19 03:00 PM
    I like the old Hub with interpellated messages and calls so I'll continue like this for now... thx
    10-12-19 09:04 PM
    I like the old Hub with interpellated messages and calls so I'll continue like this for now... thx
    I hope the numerous security risks you're taking with an outdated browser is worth it to you.
    10-12-19 10:59 PM
    It would have been a lot easier to get to the right answer if you had just mentioned in your question that you were using quite old HUB and Chrome versions.
    10-12-19 11:00 PM
    oops...

I did say I had disabled chrome and thence re-enable it having unchecked the auto-update in Playßtore... I guess I didn't make it clear enough
    10-13-19 09:33 AM
    I hope the numerous security risks you're taking with an outdated browser is worth it to you.
    Nope... chrome beta is fully up to date...
    10-13-19 09:34 AM
    Nope... chrome beta is fully up to date...
    But what is your current WebView implementation? Can you attach a screenshot?
    10-13-19 09:38 AM
    But what is your current WebView implementation? Can you attach a screenshot?
    Yes
    Attached Thumbnails Hub replies "Cannot display web page" misery.-screenshot_20191013-114510.jpg  
    10-13-19 10:48 AM
    Yes
    It's important to keep your WebView implementation updated.

From the Android developer site:

"Because WebView consumes web content that can include HTML and JavaScript, improper use can introduce common web security issues such as cross-site-scripting (JavaScript injection)."

A LOT of apps use WebView - not just the HUB.
    10-13-19 11:48 AM
    RLee, I believe you're like me and using the old version of the hub. What I learned is that it isn't Chrome that causes the error, it's letting Chrome update that causes the error.

If you disable Chrome it'll go back to default, then you can reactivate it but don't let it update (like the hub files you listed for me) and that should fix it for you.
    10-14-19 01:47 AM
    hey Soapm, I have done that now. previously, I had it disabled and now leave it in the long list of items that I designate to NOT auto-update. I use chrome-beta updated for everything and the old chrome just sits unused.
    10-14-19 05:34 AM
    hey Soapm, I have done that now. previously, I had it disabled and now leave it in the long list of items that I designate to NOT auto-update. I use chrome-beta updated for everything and the old chrome just sits unused.
    But it IS used. Many apps use WebView functionality, and if it's old, it's a security risk.
    10-14-19 07:02 AM
30 12