Used to work flawlessly. Over the past 2 weeks, Ive noticed I'm either not getting the messages for quite some time after its sent or not at all.

If I use the Gmail app, the messages appear instantaneously.

Anyone else experiencing this issues with the HUB?
    rdcanuck likes this.
    03-26-18 01:05 AM
    Used to work flawlessly. Over the past 2 weeks, Ive noticed I'm either not getting the messages for quite some time after its sent or not at all.

It's the issue with Gmail since the beginning. Only those supporting push notification will get instant email. And this is the issue only with Gmail. Hotmail and exchange accounts are fine.
    03-26-18 01:21 AM
    It's the issue with Gmail since the beginning. Only those supporting push notification will get instant email. And this is the issue only with Gmail. Hotmail and exchange accounts are fine.
    Why is it I sometimes get the messages?

Most of the time I do but lately it's acting up.

Is there a known fix?
    03-26-18 01:26 AM
    Why is it I sometimes get the messages?

Most of the time I do but lately it's acting up.

Is there a known fix?
    You will receive them instantly if your Hub is active. If it is not, then there will be a delay. You can manually set up the syc interval for the Gmail account, instead of Never.
    03-26-18 01:31 AM
    You will receive them instantly if your Hub is active. If it is not, then there will be a delay. You can manually set up the syc interval for the Gmail account, instead of Never.
    I exclusively use the hub. This is why I was wondering if there is any known issues. The reliability suddenly went down.

I sill try and also set the manual sync in Gmail.
    03-26-18 12:59 PM
    Mine is doing this too, I noticed if I delete an email in the web it doesn't instantly delete in the HUB anymore. I have to refresh or wait for the timed sync. Not sure when it started but it wasn't always doing this...
    03-26-18 02:55 PM
    I exclusively use the hub. This is why I was wondering if there is any known issues. The reliability suddenly went down.

Do you have Hub+ services running in the background? If you go to settings in the hub, there is an option called "Help receive emails quicker". Try turning it on.
    03-26-18 04:24 PM

I only use the HUB, and Gmail comes right away. IMAP is push.

Set sync time for 5 minutes as recommended by BlackBerry. Occasionally, a server/client combo can get muddled, and a poll will clear it up.
    03-26-18 04:35 PM
    I only use the HUB, and Gmail comes right away. IMAP is push.

Set sync time for 5 minutes as recommended by BlackBerry. Occasionally, a server/client combo can get muddled, and a poll will clear it up.
    What is a poll?
    03-26-18 04:49 PM
    What is a poll?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_email

Read section comparing to other methods.
    phuoc likes this.
    03-26-18 04:52 PM

I am experiencing this as well since switching to a new phone: Samsung S9+ running on Oreo. I have used Hub for a long time and now it just randomly stops syncing with gmail. Most of the time it syncs just fine and emails arrive instantaneously then after a few days just stops. Yet all other non-gmail accounts (email and others) keep working gin the hub just fine.
    This has caused me to miss quite a few emails from colleagues when I didn't realize that the Hub was not syncing. Doing a manual refresh brings in all the missed gmails.

I was suspecting that Oreo was simply more aggressive in shutting down Hub for battery savings, but why would all the other notifications continue to be received in Hub, except for Gmail?
    It would be nice for BB developers to be more pro active in dealing with this issue.
    03-30-18 12:54 PM

Hub --> Settings --> Select "Help receive emails quicker"

and also check your battery optimization settings and make sure it isn't being "Dozed"
    03-30-18 05:38 PM
    I've been noticing that too. Some days are fine, so other days aren't.
    03-30-18 05:42 PM
    It is Gmail! The issue is at the server level, not at the app level.

My workaround: leave Outlook on my PC desktop running with Gmail configured to sync every minute. This forces the server to push messages which apear to sync to Hub more timely.

I never really shut my PC down so that works!
    03-30-18 07:13 PM