12-13-17 01:00 PM
126 123 ...
tools
    Sad to find this is very buggy and often out of sync. Is it ever going to improve?
    anon(8679041) and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-08-17 02:29 PM
    After using it for a year and a half, I now like it better than the BB10 HUB. I like how the swipe left and swipe right gestures can be customised to suit. Filter options are better too.

I get messages at the exact same time as my BB10 devices. I set sync time to 5 minutes in addition to push - as recommended by BlackBerry.
    Bbnivende and LyoobaBerry like this.
    07-08-17 02:51 PM
    Sad to find this is very buggy and often out of sync. Is it ever going to improve?
    Well, they keep updating it, so it should... I agree with you, though, I only use the HUB for email, SMS and recent calls. I gave up using it with WhatsApp and the rest, as it is often out of sync.
    Byrese and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-08-17 02:54 PM
    Bb10 hub is better because it was built in within OS. We all know bb10 hub is better but we got no choice if you're using android.
    07-08-17 03:11 PM
    After using it for a year and a half, I now like it better than the BB10 HUB. I like how the swipe left and swipe right gestures can be customised to suit. Filter options are better too.

I get messages at the exact same time as my BB10 devices. I set sync time to 5 minutes in addition to push - as recommended by BlackBerry.
    I agree. Aside from those features the snooze function is a huge benefit to me. Keeps the Hub clean, but brings messages to my attention when I need to see them again.

And the Hub syncs everything perfectly for me as well.
    BashiChannel likes this.
    07-08-17 03:23 PM

You obviously don't use WhatsApp on it then?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-08-17 03:29 PM
    Well, they keep updating it, so it should... I agree with you, though, I only use the HUB for email, SMS and recent calls. I gave up using it with WhatsApp and the rest, as it is often out of sync.
    I find it randomly chooses if when I return from a WhatsApp message whether to go to the hub or to whatsapp!
    07-08-17 03:31 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 hub looked a lot better, but functionality wise the android hub seems to have surpassed it. Unfortunately it doesn't have that embedded feel in all parts of the OS since it's simply an app, not an integral part of Android.
    skinnymike1 and KD07 like this.
    07-08-17 03:33 PM
    You obviously don't use WhatsApp on it then?
    I don't. No.
    07-08-17 03:34 PM
    I don't. No.
    Ahhh that explains it.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-08-17 04:35 PM
    It comes close tho!
    07-08-17 04:40 PM

I've been reluctant to sync every 5 minutes because of the battery drain effect.

(1). In your experience, does every 5 minutes take much of a bite out of the battery? For either the DTEK50 or KeyOne?

(2). I have 4 email accounts on my BlackBerry devices. Do all 4 email accounts need for be set to a 5 minute refresh? Or will having just one account refreshing at 5 minute intervals wake the phone up to enable the other email accounts to update too?

Thanks very your insights by the way. I always find them very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 08:07 PM
    It's clearly doesn't look like part of the OS and that's the reality. It's trying to achieve what Hub did in BB10 with having deeper integration with the OS.

I only use it for emails, texts and call logs. For all other apps, I use their own notifications. Makes life easy.

I think BlackBerry should invest more time on the Hub to be main source of emails rather than integrating it with third-party services. Not only it makes the Hub hogging down the system but also it's at the mercy of the third-party apps not breaking what BlackBerry found working when they implemented the integration. This also cause users to complain about the flow going in and out of the Hub when opening other apps.
    07-08-17 08:14 PM
    I've been reluctant to sync every 5 minutes because of the battery drain effect.

(1). In your experience, does every 5 minutes take much of a bite out of the battery? For either the DTEK50 or KeyOne?

(2). I have 4 email accounts on my BlackBerry devices. Do all 4 email accounts need for be set to a 5 minute refresh? Or will having just one account refreshing at 5 minute intervals wake the phone up to enable the other email accounts to update too?

Thanks very your insights by the way. I always find them very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    No discernible effect on battery. It was suggested by the BlackBerry Rep here because push email can get "stuck" server side for reasons I won't go into, but a low sync time will ensure it gets reset quickly.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-08-17 08:52 PM
    S / Mime actually works... it never did on BB10.

While that may not matter to you... it does to me.
    LyoobaBerry and app_Developer like this.
    07-08-17 10:33 PM
    I like the right left swipe gestures but feel the tap to mark read/unread, Delete, Flag, Instant reply( for BBM and SMS) are far faster and more efficient.
    Not to forget select date and mark prior read.
    And ofcourse attachments view (But I believe that's on the Road map!)

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 12:02 AM
    I agree only in speed it's slow. also mis that magic gesture
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-09-17 02:16 AM
    After using it for a year and a half, I now like it better than the BB10 HUB.
    Z30 & DTEK60 better than the Passport Silver Edition, and now the android Hub is better than BB10?

I'm starting to think your a troll (sarcasm).

The only thing I like better about the android Hub is you can apply the Dark Theme, I also like how you can custom apply different colors to each category and when you click the category the color becomes the theme/accent to the layout.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-09-17 02:23 AM

Where can I find that recommendation? Never heard of it.
    Back on the topic: Hub is different and feels less native to the OS than on BB10. But I do like it's broader support for accounts.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-09-17 02:25 AM
    Hub on bb10 is totally inserted in os so it's way better then the hub on android, yes android hub may have customisation all those customisation might were meant for bb10 hub but since BlackBerry dumped their own secure OS those features won't get on bb10. But hub on bb10 is still smooth and better then hub on Android. Period.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 02:33 AM
    Most importantly, Android hub lags. If you disable it, your phone become a lot smoother.
    07-09-17 03:00 PM
    Most importantly, Android hub lags. If you disable it, your phone become a lot smoother.
    Perhaps in your experience. Not mine.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-09-17 03:07 PM
    He's a paid shill.

Posted via CB10
    We're talking about the 5 minute sync interval suggested by Cody (BlackBerry Rep) a few months back on these forums.

Not sure what your comment has to do with this, but I'm a volunteer.
    07-09-17 04:21 PM
    Hub on bb10 is totally inserted in os so it's way better then the hub on android, yes android hub may have customisation all those customisation might were meant for bb10 hub but since BlackBerry dumped their own secure OS those features won't get on bb10. But hub on bb10 is still smooth and better then hub on Android. Period.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry just took the wrong way when they designed the hub for android. First of all, it should have been part of the launcher, not an independent app. You can have more integration with the OS that way and probably you can avoid being the resource hog the hub is right now.
    Second, they don't need to copycat the BB10's hub cause that means to fight against android way of working. You must adapt to android and try to achieve the same efficiency using the tools android has.
    07-09-17 04:30 PM
    I have been getting used to the Hub little by little but I am just frustrated with how it handles Whatsapp. It worked so beaaautifully on BB10, but on Android the messages come in the Hub delayed, and when they do come in they are "packeted" together in coming at the same time although they may have come in at various times of the day.
    For example, I may get a group of three messages come in at 4:15pm when in reality they came in to the real Whatspp messenger at 1:45pm, 2:00pm, and 4:05pm, respectively.
    And I miss the notification checkmarks in the BB10 Hub to instantly know when a message was read at a quick glance without having to open the app at all. Not so on Android. Sigh....

Although I must say the Hub on Android looks much sleeker and I like how the colors of call logs seem to "pop" against the background of either white theme or dark theme.
    But now I am reminded how missed calls from Whatsapp don't even show up on Android Hub........sigh, really?
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-10-17 03:06 AM
126 123 ...