For owners: I'm using Hub on my Pixel, are there any differences or is this the same as the one that can be downloaded in the Play store??
    05-06-17 11:23 PM
    It's the same, except you know, free on the KEYone.
    05-06-17 11:31 PM
    It's the same, except you know, free on the KEYone.
    Hub is free on the Play Store. But prices aside there is nothing different? Do we think that's smart? Hub is a good reason to buy BBRY products right?
    05-06-17 11:33 PM
    Hub is free on the Play Store.
    Hub is technically free on the Play Store to download but after the free trial, you lose features and gain ads, therefore, it's NOT really free.
    05-06-17 11:34 PM
    Hub is technically free on the Play Store to download but after the free trial, you lose features and gain ads, therefore, it's NOT really free.
    Gotcha. I just downloaded it and didn't catch any of that - they should be charging for it so that's good. Can't wait for the KeyOne!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    05-06-17 11:35 PM
    The one feature I really miss from BB10 is the ability to mark read/unread by pressing the far left envelope icon. Wonder why they killed that?
    05-06-17 11:36 PM
    The one feature I really miss from BB10 is the ability to mark read/unread by pressing the far left envelope icon. Wonder why they killed that?
    Gotta say, the swiping is growing on me. Instead of having to open the quick options, or access them after opening an item... now you just swipe, which is actually kind of nice
    05-06-17 11:59 PM
    Mine is setup to swipe right to toggle read status, and swipe left to toggle flag status.
    05-07-17 12:07 AM
    Try to use cobalt version. He ports any blackberry suite apps adfree. His thread is here

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

You can install almost all the suite apps including hub and keyboard.

05-07-17 07:32 AM
    Gotcha. I just downloaded it and didn't catch any of that - they should be charging for it so that's good.
    If you don't want to see ads, then they are charging. I don't see how miss this if looking at the entries in the Google Play store. For Hub in US Play store the description starts off like :

"... Even if you don't have a BlackBerry device, you can use this app on an Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app. ... "

The '30 days', 'ads' , and option to pay are all right there plain as day if stop to read anything substantive about the product before buying it. If not getting Android apps from the Play store than that may be part of the problem.

An Overview Of BlackBerry Hub+ Subscriptions | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    05-07-17 11:24 PM
    If you don't want to see ads, then they are charging. I don't see how miss this if looking at the entries in the Google Play store. For Hub in US Play store the description starts off like :

"... Even if you don't have a BlackBerry device, you can use this app on an Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app. ... "

The '30 days', 'ads' , and option to pay are all right there plain as day if stop to read anything substantive about the product before buying it. If not getting Android apps from the Play store than that may be part of the problem.

An Overview Of BlackBerry Hub+ Subscriptions | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    You need to relax.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    05-08-17 12:17 AM
    Try to use cobalt version. He ports any blackberry suite apps adfree. His thread is here

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9ddfb1b6ff.jpg
    For this to work ad-free, one must delete BlackBerry apps obtained through the Google Play Store first before installing the Cobalt versions. Love the BlackBerry PKB app!

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    05-08-17 12:42 AM
    For this to work ad-free, one must delete BlackBerry apps obtained through the Google Play Store first before installing the Cobalt versions. Love the BlackBerry PKB app!
    Blackberry has a physical keyboard app???

THAT I'd love to see...
    05-08-17 05:11 AM
    But no Dtek App free

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2205
    05-08-17 05:27 AM

This sounds like suspiciously like a pirated software crack.
    mbirth likes this.
    05-08-17 06:47 AM

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    True, I only install blackberry keyboard. Since I don't really need the other else.
    But no Dtek App free

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Dtek app just shows you wether your phone is encrypted or not, and also shows your permission manager (which also accessible in android stock setting). No more and no less.
    This sounds like suspiciously like a pirated software crack.
    Cobalt was also porting google play store for BB10 OS back then. But we didn't even consider it as pirating, so the other way around is fine.
    05-08-17 07:16 AM
    Cobalt was also porting google play store for BB10 OS back then. But we didn't even consider it as pirating, so the other way around is fine.
    With the difference that the Play Store is "free". The BB Keyboard was licensed from SwiftKey and is not allowed to be redistributed to non-BB devices AFAIK.
    05-08-17 07:42 AM
    With the difference that the Play Store is "free". The BB Keyboard was licensed from SwiftKey and is not allowed to be redistributed to non-BB devices AFAIK.
    Play store is licensed and distributed for android devices.

Blackberry keyboard is just a keyboard afterall.
    05-08-17 08:01 AM
    Blackberry keyboard is just a keyboard afterall.
    With proprietary for-sale software components.
    05-08-17 08:48 AM
    With proprietary for-sale software components.
    Easy. It's just a keyboard. Is that a problem?
    05-08-17 08:52 AM
    Play Store and the whole Google suite is not free. It is licensed to the device manufacturer, who must pay for the license:
    https://www.google.ch/amp/s/amp.theg...ds-open-source

Installing Google components on non licensed devices is considered to be illegal, as stated in the article above.

So bringing Google stuff to OS10 was OK, but vice versa is pirating? Nah.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-08-17 09:12 AM
    Neither of it is fine.

And given that BB LTD does charge for the use of their software, I would say cobalt has stepped over a VERY VERY clear line--and discussing how to help people step over that line is probably verboten here.
    05-08-17 09:14 AM
    Easy. It's just a keyboard. Is that a problem?
    Yes.

Why is that NOT a problem in your world?
    05-08-17 09:15 AM
    So bringing Google stuff to OS10 was OK, but vice versa is pirating? Nah.
    You're right: nah.

NEITHER of it is fine. It wasn't OK, and it's not OK.

This entire discussion should be removed by the moderators.
    05-08-17 09:16 AM
    Gotcha. I just downloaded it and didn't catch any of that - they should be charging for it so that's good. Can't wait for the KeyOne!
    They do charge for it if you pay the subscription you at least lose ads
    05-08-17 09:30 AM
55 123