Am I the only one who's got this problem?

My main reason to buy KeyONE was due to the efficiency of working with emails using physical keyboard. And the phone was working perfectly until just recently - it kept thousands of work emails, literally hundreds per day incoming, I could read and respond very quickly and efficiently.
    I owned the original KeyOne, then in February I upgraded to Black Edition - things were just perfect!

Something changes a couple of weeks back.
    Most of the times when I open an email and try to respond to it - Hub simply freezes. It doesn't respond. Then Android proposes me to restart it. From 2nd or 3rd attempt I finally can type my response, but not without lags.

What's going on? BB you're killing me... If I cannot rely upon KeyONE for efficient email communication then why do I need it?
    04-22-18 05:31 AM
    Am I the only one who's got this problem?

My main reason to buy KeyONE was due to the efficiency of working with emails using physical keyboard. And the phone was working perfectly until just recently - it kept thousands of work emails, literally hundreds per day incoming, I could read and respond very quickly and efficiently.
    I owned the original KeyOne, then in February I upgraded to Black Edition - things were just perfect!

Something changes a couple of weeks back.
    Most of the times when I open an email and try to respond to it - Hub simply freezes. It doesn't respond. Then Android proposes me to restart it. From 2nd or 3rd attempt I finally can type my response, but not without lags.

What's going on? BB you're killing me... If I cannot rely upon KeyONE for efficient email communication then why do I need it?
    First try clearing your cache and rebooting
    04-22-18 05:52 AM
    Man, I do this regularly, otherwise the phone wouldn't have been usable long time ago...
    04-22-18 05:54 AM
    Man, I do this regularly, otherwise the phone wouldn't have been usable long time ago...
    I have 3 email accounts and never encountered anything like that.

There was a glitch with the keyboard in the February (?) patch, which caused heavy keyboard lags. That, however, used to happen everywhere where you typed, not only in the Hub.

I suggest you to reinstall your phone. Also check if this happens only with one particular email adress as it could be associated with a particular email provider (I can't see how, though).
    04-22-18 06:01 AM
    Reinstalling the whole phone from scratch is painful... I wouldn't want to auto-restore all apps because one cannot get the guaranteed clean install experience in this case.
    And as for the phone provider - it's the corporate Exchange server. That's the major source of email traffic for me
    04-22-18 06:05 AM
    Reinstalling the whole phone from scratch is painful... I wouldn't want to auto-restore all apps because one cannot get the guaranteed clean install experience in this case.
    And as for the phone provider - it's the corporate Exchange server. That's the major source of email traffic for me
    I suppose you tried clearing Hub's app data, ie putting it into the "default" mode? Setting once again your e-mail accounts seems to me as acceptable try in case you don't want to spend a few hours reinstalling your phone.

If that won't help, I'd personally reinstall the thing completely. My K1 gets a little slower after every OS update and reinstalling it makes it always a lot snappier.
    04-22-18 06:21 AM
    I suppose you tried clearing Hub's app data, ie putting it into the "default" mode? Setting once again your e-mail accounts seems to me as acceptable try in case you don't want to spend a few hours reinstalling your phone.

If that won't help, I'd personally reinstall the thing completely. My K1 gets a little slower after every OS update and reinstalling it makes it always a lot snappier.
    So you factory reset your K1 after every security update?
    04-22-18 06:24 AM
    To make it clear - I tried deleting and re-adding the email account from Hub
    And I tried to erase the Android cache from Settings/Storage.
    No luck so far.

Still hoping I can avoid the factory reset...
    04-22-18 06:26 AM
    So you factory reset your K1 after every security update?
    Usually after every 2-3, depends. Now I am running the third in the row and it's still okay. However, I couldn't run the phone for a year without not reinstalling it. I even used to reinstall my old Q10 like this since it always speeded up the phone (until some next OS update).
    04-22-18 06:28 AM
    Its just that its always very sad. "XY is a great and reliable phone" ..you just have to erase everything from time to time, re-install everything from scratch, re-setup all your apps and different accounts, etc, etc

Maybe one day phones will work like a charm without the need to factory reset them from time to time.
    04-22-18 08:13 AM
    It's amazing to me that people accept the absolutely horrible performance variances that exist in the mobile world due to millions of lines of sloppy code written by junior and amateur developers, distributed across thousands of apps that were never tested running together.

This is the price we pay for the "distributed " development environment that promises individualized best-in-class software solutions but in fact delivers unreliable system performance.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-22-18 08:21 AM
    for what it have K1 is productivity tab, HUB and pkb, everything works perfectly, I am happy to have my K1 black edition!!!
    04-22-18 08:28 AM
    Its just that its always very sad. "XY is a great and reliable phone" ..you just have to erase everything from time to time, re-install everything from scratch, re-setup all your apps and different accounts, etc, etc

Maybe one day phones will work like a charm without the need to factory reset them from time to time.
    I'll go even further. Maybe we'll go back to phones that don't need a bulky a** case to be usable in the real world without fearing breakage at the first drop.
    04-22-18 09:27 AM
    I'll go even further. Maybe we'll go back to phones that don't need a bulky a** case to be usable in the real world without fearing breakage at the first drop.
    There have been attempts like that. Rememeber of Moto Z Force. I don't think that feature was interesting for crowds, though.
    04-22-18 09:30 AM
    No luck so far.

I meant to delete app data, not just the cache. Did you mean the same thing?Hub became unusable-notable.jpg

You can also try uninstalling Hub app updates. This will restore the default OS Hub version, which might work for you.
    04-22-18 09:34 AM
    There have been attempts like that. Rememeber of Moto Z Force. I don't think that feature was interesting for crowds, though.
    I guess the general public doesn't mind that the object they're carrying around 24/7 is as fragile as a glass sculpture.

Form over function at its finest.
    04-22-18 10:26 AM
    No luck so far.

Reboot into Safe Mode to limit which apps get reloaded.

For more complicated issues, such as when the last app you installed might causing problems.

Do a normal press and hold of your phone's power button until Android prompts you to turn off your phone

Next, hold the Power off menu prompt/option (the actual line of text) for a few seconds until your phone asks you to confirm that you want to enter safe

mode.

This option may reset your home screen(s) and app icon layout and remove widgets - erasing icons and widgets (they remain available in the app drawer).
    04-22-18 10:55 AM
    That's right. Who knows, if they paid extra for some "strengtened" iPhone (even in case if it was ugly comparing the normal one).

The fragileness in one of the reasons why I at first refused to pay so much for the K1. Half of the price would still be too much (I live in eastern Europe where these things are more expensive regarding the real wage).

Conclusion: I think customers won't change the big screens for strenghtened smaller constrution and the companies won't produce them as they could hardly ask the same price for smaller phones.
    04-22-18 11:17 AM
    I strongly suggest the following:

Files diet: delete any unnecessary files, specifically ones received in messaging apps such as WhatsApp. If you don't want to delete then move them over to a cloud file server.

App diet: go through your apps and remove any apps that you are not using frequently.

Turn Off all Accessibility Services - this is very important and a major cause for may lag complaints.

After the above is completed, cache clear followed by a 32 seconds restart.

If the delay continues afterward, the next step is a full device wipe and if it continues after that its going to be down to two things:

You have an app that is causing delays / lag

You have a hardware issue for which you will need to have the device repaired
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-22-18 04:05 PM
    Look at @LiamQ recommendation regarding Accessibility Services in post # 26 of this thread:

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/hub-locking-up-while-typing-1136353/

Just in case any of you have an Accessibility Service enabled!
    04-22-18 09:46 PM
    I've encountered the same problem. Tried the reboot, clearing the caches, removing unused apps. Looked for other solutions and encountered the same tired BB zombies just repeating, "have you tried deleting and re-installing all your apps and wiping and reinstalling the os? It's the best phoe ever, you just have to mess with it for 3 hours every software update, not use more than 3 apps and it's great!" . Finally I said screw it, and deleted the hub entirely. It's honestly been A LOT better. I don't find a need for a hub, that doesn't feel as smooth and stable as BB10, when I have a notification shade. No point. If the lag continues next, I'll remove BB launcher and replace it with NOVA. At this point, the only thing keeping me with BB is the keyboard. Hopefully things will improve. I shouldnt have to work extra hard and do unnecessary software modifications just to use my phone. Just my humble opinion, from a BB Diehard of many years.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Stardenver likes this.
    04-23-18 06:15 AM
    You're not alone. I have the same setup - MS Exchange syncing with my Hub account.

This lag/freezeup is worst when an email thread becomes very long - all past replies are included, and there have been images in the body of some emails. For one recipient, I had to delete all original text in the reply, and the problem disappeared. But it does happen occasionally with other emails. I cleared the cache, rebooted several times, and am now considering a wipe and a fresh install. My BE is only 5 months old.
    04-23-18 08:15 AM