My just seems to software lag here and there. Other than that it's pretty solid.
    06-05-17 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the information. Let's keep 'em coming.
    06-05-17 08:44 PM
    Great thread!
    ominaxe likes this.
    06-06-17 01:07 AM
    Great thread!
    Thanks! It's only as good as the information that people provide. I'm genuinely curious about the quality of these phones. I think mainly because I have one waiting at home and wondering what the chances of failure are.
    06-06-17 01:11 AM
    I opened a similar thread a few days back and the idea was to point out the various issues of the BBB100-1 and 100-2, but no one was interested
    Either way, before we draw any conclusions we need to know how many K1 have been sold because if BB/TLC sold a few thousand until now maybe we need to be concerned about QC, on the other hand if they sold tends of thousands (which I seriously doubt) then we shouldn't really be concerned or should we
    06-06-17 01:45 AM
    Thanks! It's only as good as the information that people provide. I'm genuinely curious about the quality of these phones. I think mainly because I have one waiting at home and wondering what the chances of failure are.
    For every posting about a perceived or actual defect with their BlackBerry KEYone there are at least 100 smartphones without any problems. The whiners are vocal and always gnash their teeth at every BlackBerry launch.
    06-06-17 02:28 AM
    For every posting about a perceived or actual defect with their BlackBerry KEYone there are at least 100 smartphones without any problems. The whiners are vocal and always gnash their teeth at every BlackBerry launch.
    That's why I wanted to create this thread to give the voice to the quality devices out there.
    06-06-17 02:50 AM
    I opened a similar thread a few days back and the idea was to point out the various issues of the BBB100-1 and 100-2, but no one was interested
    Either way, before we draw any conclusions we need to know how many K1 have been sold because if BB/TLC sold a few thousand until now maybe we need to be concerned about QC, on the other hand if they sold tends of thousands (which I seriously doubt) then we shouldn't really be concerned or should we
    Sorry, must've missed it.

We can at least get an idea from our community.
    Last edited by ominaxe; 06-06-17 at 04:33 AM.
    06-06-17 02:50 AM
    Sorry, must've missed it.

We can at least get an idea from our community.
    Agreed, but so far the feedback is towards both ends, either it's great or it has serious issues which are not user related or caused. I would like to hear from the UK folks that bought the K1 for almost 1 month now, see what they have to say. Also I'm curios if the US versions have the same issues as the EU ones.
    06-06-17 07:47 AM
    A number of us have reported that the reception of the KEYone is considerably worse than other devices. We are hoping that this can be resolved with a software update and it not be a hardware issue.
    So I got my KeyOne from Rogers, and I noticed that I was getting that who called text showing me that someone tried to call me but I never actually had a missed call on my phone.

I figured it was related to the known issue with respect to phone calls that was impacting other Rogers accounts but I called today and the tech support person told me to turn off voice over LTE, and voila, no more texts showing me someone tried to call my number!

So if anyone keeps getting the "who called" texts but never actually got a missed call, turn off voice over lte.

She said that it will only get fixed once a software update is issued, and said same problem is happening with the google pixel which is getting an update soon.
    06-06-17 08:09 AM
    I bought mine a few days ago. It's a BBB100-2 bought from CPW. The box had a date of 24 May 2017 and the protective film on the phone the 23 May 2017.

So far no problems at all, the keys seem to have pretty even lighting, no lines on the screen and the screen is currently still attached.
    06-06-17 08:25 AM
    With the limited amount of users in our small community I know that it's not accurately possible, but a previous post asking about percentage of issues and people who got to order the phone has got me wondering --- how's the quality of the KEYone?

Note that I'm not trying to only find out the problems with the phone (which we know it obviously has), but I also want to hear from people that aren't saying anything about their quality devices.

So, post with the following information:

-where/when you bought your device
    -manufacture date (if available)
    -GSM or CDMA/Version?
    -problem(s) (or lack of)

Edit to keep up with the posts:
    14 out of 16 are within the normal parameters so far. This does not include slightly worse reception, unevenly lit keyboards, or software issues.

Problems:
    100-1:
    1x defective adhesive

100-2:
    1x bad battery

First I have to say I'm using the BBB100-2 keyone. So far I have minor issues, my screen is lifting and honestly the battery is a bit unpredictable at times, some days my battery last for two days and a next time it only last one day. I try to closed background apps and keep the usage minimal. I've had the keyone the same day carphone warehouse in the UK got in stock! So basically using this device over a month now, the keyboard is impeccable the camera is the best camera a blackberry ever had, the hardware is great as well. If they continue updating the blackberry apps it will make the keyone behave flawless, but for now it still have a few glitches in the hub , personally I don't use the hub because it's not accurate with the information but it's still useful just not as accurate like the BB10 hub. So far my main issue is the battery because I use my keyone as my daily drive so I need a full day out of it, and the screen lifting is becoming a common thread now for the keyone.
    06-06-17 11:13 AM
    First I have to say I'm using the BBB100-2 keyone. So far I have minor issues, my screen is lifting and honestly the battery is a bit unpredictable at times, some days my battery last for two days and a next time it only last one day. I try to closed background apps and keep the usage minimal. I've had the keyone the same day carphone warehouse in the UK got in stock! So basically using this device over a month now, the keyboard is impeccable the camera is the best camera a blackberry ever had, the hardware is great as well. If they continue updating the blackberry apps it will make the keyone behave flawless, but for now it still have a few glitches in the hub , personally I don't use the hub because it's not accurate with the information but it's still useful just not as accurate like the BB10 hub. So far my main issue is the battery because I use my keyone as my daily drive so I need a full day out of it, and the screen lifting is becoming a common thread now for the keyone.
    I'll put this down for a faulty battery. Glad you're enjoying it regardless.
    06-06-17 11:47 AM
    I'll put this down for a faulty battery. Glad you're enjoying it regardless.
    That is inaccurate data collection for subsequent analysis. You assume facts not in evidence as Perry Mason used to say.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-17 01:39 PM
    That is inaccurate data collection for subsequent analysis. You assume facts not in evidence as Perry Mason used to say.
    He said his main issue is the battery. What do you want me to do? Go to every single person's house and see what problems they're having?

I'm just trying to get a basic idea of the quality of the phones here in our little community, if anyone lies, that's on them.
    06-06-17 06:26 PM
    My texts take some time to send, but that's the only problem I can think of rite now.

Everything else about the device is great. Some software tweaks they could do to make things perfect.

One pet peeve I have is when you open an app that has a texting field, I want to be able to start typing rite away with the keyboard, I don't want to touch the typing field and then start typing.

Purchase from Rogers on May 31.
    Couldn't have said this better! Same here!!
    06-06-17 10:04 PM
    The quality of the build is the most premium I've experienced in a BlackBerry device (I've owned 5 previously).
    06-06-17 10:36 PM
    superb

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-09-17 03:27 PM
    got mine on Amazon, ordered on May 31, a "by TCL" version, GSM unlocked. I don't know how to find the date it was manufactured, but I really like it.

no screen issues or any of the other build quality problems that others have spoken of. mine is solid and feels perfect.
    06-09-17 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the responses!
    06-09-17 06:37 PM
    I have had mine two weeks, build quality is great and the phone has already survived one drop onto concrete, with only minor scratch damage to the metal bezel. I have no issues with call quality or Reception.
    06-09-17 06:43 PM
    Got mine about 5 hours ago. After inspection, it's tip top. Numbers updated!
    06-16-17 05:32 AM
47 12