With the limited amount of users in our small community I know that it's not accurately possible, but a previous post asking about percentage of issues and people who got to order the phone has got me wondering --- how's the quality of the KEYone?

Note that I'm not trying to only find out the problems with the phone (which we know it obviously has), but I also want to hear from people that aren't saying anything about their quality devices.

So, post with the following information:

-where/when you bought your device
    -manufacture date (if available)
    -GSM or CDMA/Version?
    -problem(s) (or lack of)

Edit to keep up with the posts:
    23 out of 26 are within the normal parameters so far. This does not include slightly worse reception, unevenly lit keyboards, or software issues.

Problems:
    100-1:
    1x defective adhesive

100-2:
    2x bad battery
    Last edited by ominaxe; 06-16-17 at 05:33 AM.
    06-05-17 08:14 AM
    My texts take some time to send, but that's the only problem I can think of rite now.

Everything else about the device is great. Some software tweaks they could do to make things perfect.

One pet peeve I have is when you open an app that has a texting field, I want to be able to start typing rite away with the keyboard, I don't want to touch the typing field and then start typing.

Purchase from Rogers on May 31.
    tommichael88 likes this.
    06-05-17 08:31 AM
    My texts take some time to send, but that's the only problem I can think of rite now.

Everything else about the device is great. Some software tweaks they could do to make things perfect.

One pet peeve I have is when you open an app that has a texting field, I want to be able to start typing rite away with the keyboard, I don't want to touch the typing field and then start typing.

Purchase from Rogers on May 31.
    Thanks for the response irweezy. Sounds like you've got a good device!

I'm looking more to physical issues such as screen lines, keyboard issues, reception, and basic manufacturing defects. We all hope BlackBerry will fix issues with software at some point.
    annon91221 likes this.
    06-05-17 08:46 AM
    The only "issue" I'm currently having is that Twitter is very slow. It take about 65 seconds before it lets me type the tweet in the text box.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the hardware and software.
    06-05-17 08:53 AM
    I honestly swore off BB until I cam here to read one night and found out that Amazon was selling them already? I ordered a GSM model from Amazon and it came the next day!

I came from a Galaxy S8+ and iPhone 7 Plus so I know good phones lol.

I haven't had a single issue with mine at all. I get LTE, keyboard is nice and clicky, call Audio and speaker sound is great, etc.... Either I'm not one to complain or I just lucked out and got a great device?

Sure, I have a few little pet peeves like the texting issue mentioned above and the keyboard will squeak every once in a while....but nothing enough for me to complain about or rant.
    06-05-17 08:55 AM
    Bought two, one for the lady and one for me. One in Brooklyn, one in Queens at 5am of launch morning. Picked up both that afternoon and evening.

Manufacture date. No clue (can tell you if you let me know where).

No problems on either but the V and B are lighter in the dark which is no big deal and couldn't get Pokémon Go to load up and had to troubleshoot for a half hour (well aware I'm one of about five adults in this world who still plays the silly game).

Both seems identical in regard to button sensitivity and speed. Babying the crap out of it because the issues I'm reading about. Picked up a sleeve from Amazon.

Best of both worlds so far (Android and BB). Never thought theyd ever get close to pulling it off and so far im quite satisfied.
    06-05-17 09:16 AM
    So far 3/3!

Thanks for your insights beyond the major issues. Had no idea.
    06-05-17 09:16 AM
    A number of us have reported that the reception of the KEYone is considerably worse than other devices. We are hoping that this can be resolved with a software update and it not be a hardware issue.
    06-05-17 09:26 AM
    A number of us have reported that the reception of the KEYone is considerably worse than other devices. We are hoping that this can be resolved with a software update and it not be a hardware issue.
    Actually I should point out I have noticed more dropped calls than usual however I can't blame the phone just yet, I'm on Rogers and they have had a known issue ticket open over the last few days that impacts phone calls, as of yesterday night the ticket was still open.
    06-05-17 09:30 AM
    Got it at T booth witless at Eaton center when it launched.. I'm with Rogers BTW no issues, quality is solid... call quality not bad but PRIV and z30 are better.. Performance better than PRIV with all my social media apps.. No overheating issues like Priv..overall I'm more than satisfied with keyone
    jakie55 likes this.
    06-05-17 09:58 AM
    No issues! Build quality is superb
    06-05-17 10:16 AM
    Have had mine since Friday, other than a squeaky keyboard, uneven pkb lighting, and a laggy snapchat, this phone has been awesome! Could careless for any of the above issues.
    06-05-17 10:31 AM
    Have the phone for almost 2 weeks absolutely no quality or other issues.
    The build is 27th of April and I bought it from Expansys UK.
    06-05-17 04:47 PM
    no problems on my end bbb1002

will be buying a bbb1001 once the unlocked version is out
    06-05-17 04:51 PM
    I have had the KEYone since the second and it has been rock solid. I purchased through Bell mobility.
    06-05-17 04:58 PM
    Apart from my screen coming off, the rest of the physical unit was fine. Battery life was amazing!
    06-05-17 04:59 PM
    Got mine from Amazon on Thursday and so far no discernable issues. Apart from not really liking the Android.
    06-05-17 05:00 PM
    Purchased my BBB100-1 on Amazon last Tuesday (5/30) and got it in the mail on Saturday (6/3). The keyboard backlight isn't completely uniform, though I don't consider that a problem since all the phones I've used that had backlit buttons seemed to look like that as well. Battery life is amazing and LCD readability is acceptable even under bright sunlight.
    06-05-17 05:31 PM
    Zero reported issues of reception problems using KEYone throughout Alberta, BC and San Francisco/Napa area so far. Great LTE quality! Rogers in Canada, AT&T in USA. Also it's a European version KEYone.
    06-05-17 05:38 PM
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 06-05-17 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    06-05-17 05:39 PM
    Apart from my screen coming off, the rest of the physical unit was fine. Battery life was amazing!
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    The_Q likes this.
    06-05-17 05:46 PM
    With the limited amount of users in our small community I know that it's not accurately possible, but a previous post asking about percentage of issues and people who got to order the phone has got me wondering --- how's the quality of the KEYone?

Note that I'm not trying to only find out the problems with the phone (which we know it obviously has), but I also want to hear from people that aren't saying anything about their quality devices.

So, post with the following information:

-where/when you bought your device
    -manufacture date (if available)
    -GSM or CDMA?
    -problem(s) (or lack of)
    I bought mine from Amazon in the Chicago area the 30th before midnight. Got free next day shipping but had to send it back because it was defective! It kept powering itself off and acting like the battery was dead but had over 70%. Then I couldn't even order a replacement because it was out of stock!!
    06-05-17 05:56 PM
    Amazon 5/30, received 6/1. Coming from DTEK60, so it will be a comparison with the same day to day usage. I never transfer phone to phone as I prefer to start fresh and allow my apps to sync.

Processing: loading a gallery app feels like 5-6 seconds to load images. Most likely re-caching, etc. DTEK60, near instant. All pulling from an SD card.

Wifi/reception:
    -- on the same Wifi network as my other phones. One full day where the connection would drop on and off. Other phone(s) still connected, no issues. I used those while I rebooted.
    -- notification sounds come in this order. Passport/DTEK60 were about the same. 2 seconds later, I get notified on KEYᵒⁿᵉ. All phones less than 2 feet from each other.

Convenience key is easy to press when picking up device. Maybe I got used to DTEK60 where it was higher. Very minor.

Hub: Passport/Priv/DTEK60: great to use. KEYᵒⁿᵉ: removed after day 2. Experienced input lagged and choppy overall performance. Trying out Inbox instead.

Home 3-swipe shortcuts removal: had to reconfigure layout and buttons to accommodate. Would love for this to be put back in. I understand capacitive buttons may be the issue. One can hope.

Mono speaker: I am not an audiophile or demand high end sound fidelity. Just an averaged user who appreciates good sound. I play music, music videos, and movies from SD card. I stream YouTube. The loss of dual speakers to mono is an adjustment. I used to play music for my office through the speakers and it would cover 3/4s of the room with no issues. Now, I struggle to hear anything in the car watching YouTube and having music lightly playing on the radio. I have to silent the radio completely.

What I love? I love Nougat. Love the keyboard (although my pinky hurts after long use and supporting the weight). Love the hardware. One of the first things I do with any new device is inspect EVERYTHING. With the Passport I returned 5 units due to hardware/screen lift. The Priv had overall shoddy construction - screen movement, backplate, buttons loose, etc.
    Biggest of all, the battery. First real day lasted me 18 hours - mixed use.

All of the issues above I can live with. Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by gquan14; 06-05-17 at 06:54 PM.
    06-05-17 06:19 PM
    12 out of 14 are within the normal parameters so far.

One was 100-1, one was 100-2. 100-1 had the defective adhesive, 100-2 had a bad battery.
    06-05-17 07:10 PM
    I am LOVING the KEYone! Especially the camera, the keyboard, the snappiness of it. I am coming from the iPhone SE and there is no comparison. The KEYone wins in every department, hands down.

The Camera is so amazing!
    06-05-17 07:13 PM
47 12