I am more than seriously considering buying a K1 for many, many excellent reasons, one of which being the HUB. I know the experience can't be as good as on BB10 because it's just an app now and thus not part and parcel of the OS, but I've read a few posts here and there bemoaning the frequent bugs and battery drain when using the app on the Priv. Can we have some feedback from K1 users? Have recent updates solved some of the issues? Thanks.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-04-17 04:36 AM
    I'm using it on my Samsung S7 and the experience is very good. I can anticipate that on K1 will be the same or better
    06-04-17 05:05 AM
    I'm gonna be honest. I love it. Generally it works well. But I believe there are bugs or glitches. On occasion I want to send a message so I select the text option, only for it to revert back to the hub, instead of the text interface. Don't no why this should be. It can on occasions stutter. But with all this in mind, I love it and it hasn't deterred me. I did find the bb10 version a lot more fluid experience. The android version on the Keyone does have its moments. I'm hoping BlackBerry iron this out with software releases.
    06-04-17 05:22 AM
    It's not the same as on BlackBerry 10 but is doing well the job.
    It's very fast and at least includes more apps than on BlackBerry 10.
    06-04-17 02:25 PM
    The only issue I have and I blame gmail for this is that when I delete gmail emails from server and hub they keep coming back. I've deleted and reinstalled my acct multiple times but can't seem to shake it.
    06-04-17 03:12 PM
    I'll be honest. I disabled all the BB stuff from the get go and use Nova launcher instead for all of my stuff.

I tried the BB launcher for about 2 hours but wasn't getting notification bubbles on text or email messages? Was/is this a setting? I really want the BB asterisk notifications.

I plan on going back to the BB launcher and apps to give it a fair chance.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-04-17 03:28 PM
    I am more than seriously considering buying a K1 for many, many excellent reasons, one of which being the HUB. I know the experience can't be as good as on BB10 because it's just an app now and thus not part and parcel of the OS, but I've read a few posts here and there bemoaning the frequent bugs and battery drain when using the app on the Priv. Can we have some feedback from K1 users? Have recent updates solved some of the issues? Thanks.
    Coming from the blackberry passport the hub on my k1 will never be as fast or accurate like the BB10 passport. Honestly don't put too much hopes in the HUB one the K1 it need loads up bug fixes. Doesn't display the message them properly.
    06-04-17 03:43 PM
    Came from Passport to keyone. Haven't fully put it through its paces yet. Hub isn't as integrated as bb10 obviously, but I'm finding that it works well. I no longer want it fully for all notifications. I like it for email and text though.
    06-04-17 04:04 PM
    I find the Hub robust and efficient. Though it doesn't have full integration throughout the OS nor the amount of nuances you find on BlackBerry 10, it's a must have for anyone coming from any of those devices. It allows me to turn off all Google and Android based notifications and rely solely on the Hub.
    06-04-17 04:06 PM
    It's doing OK but not even close to the experience it is on BB10. Yes it supports maybe more accounts but it doesn't feel as integrated with the OS as in BB10. Still it is a great step forward from all the individual apps and therefor completely isolated experiences you typically see on Android and iOS.
    06-04-17 04:06 PM
    The only issue I have and I blame gmail for this is that when I delete gmail emails from server and hub they keep coming back. I've deleted and reinstalled my acct multiple times but can't seem to shake it.
    Gmail is a known issue from the BlackBerry PRIV with BlackBerry Hub: duplicate email and duplicate notification so the advice is not to integrate Gmail with BlackBerry Hub.
    06-04-17 04:20 PM
    I'll be honest. I disabled all the BB stuff from the get go and use Nova launcher instead for all of my stuff.

I tried the BB launcher for about 2 hours but wasn't getting notification bubbles on text or email messages? Was/is this a setting? I really want the BB asterisk notifications.
    I stuck with the BB launcher because interface-wise it's EXACTLY like the Google Launcher that I came to love on my V10--and I'm getting the notification bubbles just fine on text and emails.

I use Gmail and Google Messages.

I also have a personal IMAP account on a different provider, that I run through K-9 Mail. It shows me a count, but no bubbles. I don't care, as that's for convenience and not necessity.
    06-04-17 04:21 PM
    Coming from a classic, I like it so far.

My biggest beef, is I have to go to the top left to activate the folder view, which was much better placed in the bottom left on BB10.
    06-04-17 04:56 PM
    On my DTEK60, the HUB is very good. Not exactly the same as my Z30 as others have mentioned, but certainly provides a similar experience. I miss some capabilities from BB10, but I like some of the Android HUB features better.
    06-04-17 06:30 PM
    Love the HUB. It still need polished but the BlackBerry developer read these forums and make adjustments all the time. It's getting better and better all the time.
    06-04-17 09:04 PM
    Thank you all for all feedback. It is all very consistent. All pointing to a fairly decent app, still somewhat buggy but improving with the regular updates. I'll see for myself when I get the K1 in a week or so, preordered it yesterday from a French online seller. Thanks again.
    06-05-17 04:26 AM
    Gmail is a known issue from the BlackBerry PRIV with BlackBerry Hub: duplicate email and duplicate notification so the advice is not to integrate Gmail with BlackBerry Hub.
    I have 3 Gmail accounts in my hub and have absolutely no issues.
    You can avoid duplicates by disabling the individual Gmail app.
    indydrummer likes this.
    06-05-17 05:55 PM
    Coming from a classic, I like it so far.

My biggest beef, is I have to go to the top left to activate the folder view, which was much better placed in the bottom left on BB10.
    you can also swipe from the left edge to the right to open it too
    06-05-17 06:17 PM
    I readup a bit and ddi some research! I too am getting double gmail email notifications in the hub! Log into your Google account by using any of your Gmail accounts! This has to be done with all of your Gmail accnt! Once logged hit the settings menu and go to notifications and scroll all the way down to Gmail and toggle to off! This solved the double notification for me!!!
    07-07-17 05:14 AM