Galaxy S7 user here (as well as Q10). Pretty much every month (2+ years) I have to re-do my fingers because it stops recognizing them. It may be related to my job, which leads to skin wear on the finger tips. But on the other hand, I've owned a ThinkPad for 5+ years and all fingers are still recognized as they were in day 1.

So curious if fingerprint sensors on phones have evolved in last 2 years.
    Posted via CB10
    04-02-18 09:18 AM
    Sensor works fine but has started to loosen up a bit :-(
    04-02-18 09:45 AM
    fantastic.
    04-02-18 12:46 PM
    Works perfect here too
    04-02-18 12:50 PM
    It has been working great for the 10 months I've had the phone.
    04-02-18 12:59 PM
    works great use it everyday
    04-02-18 01:02 PM
    Up til a couple weeks ago, I only had to redo my thumbprints once. A couple weeks ago, it started to have a hard time reading my thumbs. I deleted them but it now has a pretty hard time adding my thumbs back in. Waiting for the March or April update to see if this is just a temporary thing.
    04-02-18 01:34 PM
    Up til a couple weeks ago, I only had to redo my thumbprints once. A couple weeks ago, it started to have a hard time reading my thumbs. I deleted them but it now has a pretty hard time adding my thumbs back in. Waiting for the March or April update to see if this is just a temporary thing.
    If I recall, there has been a suggestion that "deleting" fingerprints does not really clean or empty or erase them from the storage area where they are stored.

This is what I captured but I don't recall who posted it:

"It seems that the system is somehow remembering that fingerprint(s) as being "enrolled" already even if you just deleted it/them, and indeed, a single reboot or doing a double/triple re-boot will not help to tackle this issue.

I found out that you actually need to remove the screen lock (Swipe/Pattern/PIN/Password) first, which subsequently will delete all finger prints from the system thoroughly, and only thereafter you can set-up ("enroll") the same finger prints again.

By then you won't need to resort to magic, luck, or proper "finger place technique" any longer and it will be child's play again to fire up the finger print functionality."

I don't know how true it is.
    04-02-18 11:50 PM
    So far so good, max 5 fingerprints though (because what if I am dying on a field and as I draw my last breath I can only just reach my phone with my longest finger?). One thing I did notice is that it takes the phone much longer to recognise the fingerprint after you have two and more registered fingerprints. Sometimes it's still instant, but more often than not up to a second.
    04-03-18 04:08 AM
    Love it. No need to redo since purchase in Aug. My banking app uses it also which is helpful.
    04-03-18 04:50 AM

I don't know how true it is.
    Tried it just now. Deleted fingerprints, removed pin, restarted. Re-added pin. Fingerprint reader is moderately better. Still hard to add the thumbs but better than before trying it. Maybe if I do it a few times.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-03-18 05:35 AM
    So far so good, max 5 fingerprints though (because what if I am dying on a field and as I draw my last breath I can only just reach my phone with my longest finger?). One thing I did notice is that it takes the phone much longer to recognise the fingerprint after you have two and more registered fingerprints. Sometimes it's still instant, but more often than not up to a second.
    5 is better than the 4 limit I have on the S7.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-18 06:32 AM
    perfect here 10 months in I think and no problems apart from our pet rat took a chunk out of my finger and I had to redo it lol
    04-03-18 06:41 AM
    So mine definitely doesn't like my thumbs no more. I try to add them, after getting the 1st read, I keep touching the sensor and nothing. I try it with other fingers, sensor picks up the prints no issues.
    04-04-18 10:04 AM
    So mine definitely doesn't like my thumbs no more. I try to add them, after getting the 1st read, I keep touching the sensor and nothing. I try it with other fingers, sensor picks up the prints no issues.
    Is your skin on the finger tips dry/damaged? What do you do for living?

Because my finger tips are constantly dry and with tiny cracks, I am scanning the area 1/2" down the finger. It seems to help but it's very awkward to use it with the S7 for log in credentials as the screen is right above it and I end up canceling the log in usually. Super annoying. This might work on the KeyONE

Posted via CB10
    04-06-18 05:52 AM
    My fingerprint reader stopped working completely abou 1 month ago (about 8months after purchase)

But unfortunately I am quite busy and do not have much time to deal with the dealer about the warrant :/ so I am in the oldschool now, putting passwords like in the old times...
    04-06-18 07:12 AM
    The right LED is broken on my fingerprint sensor but it works great.
    04-06-18 07:14 AM
    Have had my K1 for about a year, and the fingerprint sensor has worked properly the entire time. Have not had to re-enter either finger I set up with it, and it only takes a moment to recognize either one as well.
    04-06-18 07:15 AM
    Is your skin on the finger tips dry/damaged? What do you do for living?

Because my finger tips are constantly dry and with tiny cracks, I am scanning the area 1/2" down the finger. It seems to help but it's very awkward to use it with the S7 for log in credentials as the screen is right above it and I end up canceling the log in usually. Super annoying. This might work on the KeyONE

Posted via CB10
    My skin has been dry and cracked of late but the fingerprint issue started a little more than a month ago, so maybe the week before I started. The job certainly isn't helping. I did manage to get the thumbs in last night by going more towards the middle but the hit miss ratio is still more miss.
    04-06-18 12:15 PM
    Tried it just now. Deleted fingerprints, removed pin, restarted. Re-added pin. Fingerprint reader is moderately better. Still hard to add the thumbs but better than before trying it. Maybe if I do it a few times.
    I actually did CLEAR Pin and Picture Password, too, a few days later as mine had stopped working completely. The Picture Password is more of a pain since I use my own picture and I have to find it, crop it and set it up. But I entered my right pointer and it is working again.

Not sure what might kill it. I will enter a few more fingers as I go.
    04-06-18 01:13 PM
    I actually did CLEAR Pin and Picture Password, too, a few days later as mine had stopped working completely. The Picture Password is more of a pain since I use my own picture and I have to find it, crop it and set it up. But I entered my right pointer and it is working again.

Not sure what might kill it. I will enter a few more fingers as I go.
    I didn't see a part that says clear pin. I've never used picture or pattern. I removed all security protocols - pin and fingerprints and then restarted, reboots straight to home. Then re-added pin and attempt to add fingerprint. Thumbs, sensor will but won't accept the print after the 1st touch. Other fingers read just fine, like how Thumb used to.
    04-06-18 03:26 PM
    mine works just fine
    04-06-18 03:28 PM
    I didn't see a part that says clear pin. I've never used picture or pattern. I removed all security protocols - pin and fingerprints and then restarted, reboots straight to home. Then re-added pin and attempt to add fingerprint. Thumbs, sensor will but won't accept the print after the 1st touch. Other fingers read just fine, like how Thumb used to.
    I actually meant that I removed all security protection from my KeyOne. No pin, picture password or other. Then I re-established the protection and then added the finger print back to the system. So far it is working.
    04-06-18 05:09 PM
    my finger print senor stopped working after the last update I emailed them. I resetted my BlackBerry twice, but no luck. I refuse to do a factory reset because I hate putting everything back to the way I like, it's so annoying and I had to do it twice already. I'm currently using picture password right now, I hope they have a fix for it
    FF22 likes this.
    04-06-18 06:26 PM
    my finger print senor stopped working after the last update I emailed them. I resetted my BlackBerry twice, but no luck. I refuse to do a factory reset because I hate putting everything back to the way I like, it's so annoying and I had to do it twice already. I'm currently using picture password right now, I hope they have a fix for it
    If only they would have an option to backup Launcher settings, it would be much easier to stomach a reset.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    04-06-18 09:00 PM
36 12