06-12-17 06:40 PM
52 123
tools
    I used BBM to run my business, employees and such.
    hoytbowhunter and rayporsche like this.
    06-06-17 07:26 PM
    I tried convincing my family members to download the application on their iPhones and succeeded....until they decided it wasn't useful/it took up too much space on their devices and they ended up deleting it.
    YEAH BUT FREE IPHONE!!! (16GB, 12GB taken up with system...)
    06-06-17 07:31 PM
    I tried convincing my family members to download the application on their iPhones and succeeded....until they decided it wasn't useful/it took up too much space on their devices and they ended up deleting it. Same thing with a friend. Now, I don't use it all

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    Download BBM add me and then I'll add you to our many bbm groups, there fun, friendly and very helpful.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-06-17 08:04 PM
    Still active in three BBM groups and all three have been active for well over two years and still going strong. I also use BBM to communicate to friends overseas.
    06-06-17 08:20 PM
    so, BBM is nothing more than an internet-connected ham radio?
    06-06-17 08:33 PM
    Forgotten features in BBM: Share d lists and Shared Calender. If I have to do something with a group, I use BBM. For close contacts, BBM. Still use BBM groups for chats on different topics such as Sports
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-06-17 08:43 PM
    I use BBM to communicate with international messages. free of charge.
    sms is charged.
    06-06-17 10:10 PM
    I use it so my older kids can message me when they get home from school - free messaging/calls/video on wifi regardless of which device they use. It's also fantastic when my wife and I use Glympse so that we can see who will get to daycare first to get our youngest. Plus, all of my former workmates used BBM, and we still have a group chat that we use to get together monthly. I also use it extensively over wifi with my current workmates when we're in the US for our yearly convention (data/voice rates are terrible in the US for us Canadians!)
    06-06-17 11:05 PM
    I use BBM to communicate with my children, who have a limited text plan, but more often than that have an Internet connection through Wi-Fi. We've also used it to call one another. We have 3 pre-paid plans for $8.83 a month (each). Having Rollover through at&t has saved us even more. Yes, I know that they have gone back to the Unlimited business (with stipulations--such as a device access charge).

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 12:47 AM
    I use it with my girlfriend only these days. It's great because I can make free calls and video calls to her, if I'm running late I can Glympse her and show her my location in real time, and it's a super fast instant messaging app. Especially with the new BBM these days, you can now play games with your friends. Think of BBM as Facebook Messenger but better.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-07-17 01:28 AM
    Is BBM a big battery drain? I thought it was draining on the 9900 and Q10
    06-07-17 01:42 AM
    Can you use BBM from a desktop PC nowadays? (Because why should I have to pickup my phone to write when I have a perfectly fine full-size keyboard in front of me?)
    06-07-17 02:23 AM
    couse it's one of the best msg/call apps!
    06-07-17 02:46 AM
    I disabled BBM within minutes having my KEYone setup. I'm all for Telegram. Not for security, but for features and how fast Telegram works.
    Same here..why do people still use whatsapp, FB or BBM

Telegram for the win!!

Posted via CB10
    knightfall likes this.
    06-07-17 02:51 AM
    I really like it but the only person I know that uses it and or will us it is my son. Nobody else is interested sadly. I'm on BB10 not that that matters. Shame really. Call quality on it is very good, seems to work better than Whatsapp in low signal places.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-07-17 02:57 AM
    Latin American markets still consider BBM cool, and apart from teenagers/adults using it there, Johns (pi*ps) of all sorts use it as it's convenient to delete block and move on.
    06-07-17 10:15 AM
    I have used it for years and it is my primary means of communicating. Continues to add great features...edit, retract messages, Glympse integration is awesome. When in Europe, I simply put a local SIM card in and use BBM to communicate via calls and video....much cheaper than buying a travel plan from Bell. Have well over 100 contacts here in Toronto, Canada. I basically tell people it's BBM or nothing. I refuse to text...completely useless in my opinion.
    06-07-17 02:41 PM
    We use bbm at work. mainly because its distraction free and for the ping feature.

We swap job roles daily and share most notifications. there are days when around 80% of a staff members notifications aren't for them. instead of expecting the off ballers to check their phone everytime it beeps we just ping them when something pops up in their area. it's the best messaging app in my opinion and a real shame that it didn't go cross platform before whatsapp.

Glympse feature is awesome as well.
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-07-17 04:10 PM
    I dont use BBM anymore because BlackBerry was caught giving universal scrambling key to governments to read your texts. BBM is no longer secure as it's not peer to peer encrypted. I switched to Signal which is what Snowden uses. Don't think there is a more secure text messaging App but also with lots of functionality like video and voice without passing through a server.
    mbirth likes this.
    06-07-17 11:30 PM
    BBM is used today to take up storage space in my phone.

Seriously, if it only had SMS/MMS integration like what Apple does with iMessage, it would be fine.

I think it's time for them to kill it as a default install, and let it be on the Play Store for the ten people left in the world who care about it. The world has moved on. BBM adds zero value to what anyone does nowadays.
    Wow my ten friend are the only people on BBM ?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-08-17 07:09 AM
    Can you use BBM from a desktop PC nowadays? (Because why should I have to pickup my phone to write when I have a perfectly fine full-size keyboard in front of me?)
    Yes you can if you have the enterprise version.
    06-08-17 07:12 AM
    I have several family members that use it. mainly because it works even if we only have WiFi. I work in allot of different schools and I find that in the buildings I don't get A cell signal and often only have WiFi. it's already built in and works great. It's secure, fast, free, and has allot of features and sticker packs for fun.

I simply tell people if you send me sms and it doesn't get answered I am probably in a place that I cant get a signal. load BBM and use it its free and I will get it because it works on cell and WiFi. I only have about 10 people in my list but they are the 10 that can always reach me
    06-08-17 10:08 AM
    I still use BBM:
    professionally - especially for Middle Eastern clients where it is still very popular
    personally - much better call quality than WhatsApp
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-08-17 01:13 PM
    I've disabled mine so as not to drain the battery.
    06-08-17 01:29 PM
    I use BBM in a group of older people on pensions that keep in touch and meet for lunch or coffee. This group are all well into their seventies and don't learn new apps as quickly as millenials might nor do they care for whiz bang features. All have used Blackberries for years however and are familiar with the app. Mostly Classic users or older BB7 phones. One Android Nexus user who downladed the app. Since they travel to foreign countries (Cuba Portugal Florida) the zero cost data is appreciated more than long distance charges for texting.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-12-17 11:32 AM
52 123