Sent a couple of text messages to businesses with pictures for project bid. Shows time sent MMS.

How do I verify that it went to a receivable phone number. The Messages show as sent with attachments but I have no idea if in fact they were delivered.

Thanks
    04-18-19 10:59 AM
    Sent a couple of text messages to businesses with pictures for project bid. Shows time sent MMS.

How do I verify that it went to a receivable phone number. The Messages show as sent with attachments but I have no idea if in fact they were delivered.

Thanks
    You won't know. That's not a standard feature of SMS/MMS. Some carriers may have that, but some don't. Some OEMs like Samsung offer that in their messaging app, but only if the person receiving has the same phone and using the same app.

If you want a definitive send receipt confirmation, you need another method
    04-18-19 11:49 AM
    In the case of a device that has a designation as business friendly and productive I've wondered why SMS MMS as as well as emails don't offer on the device through the hub a means of having read and receive receipts
    04-18-19 11:50 AM
    enter device that has a designation as business friendly and productive I've wondered why SMS MMS as as well as emails don't offer on the device through the hub a means of having read and receive receipts
    That's a carrier and/or provider decision. The manufacturer of the device is irrelevant.
    04-18-19 11:52 AM
    If I go on my win10 computer and open outlook it gives me options to get delivery and read receipts for outgoing emails... is hub provisioned for that? If not, why not? ... does bbm support that? If so, why not bring it to hub?
    04-18-19 02:56 PM
    If I go on my win10 computer and open outlook it gives me options to get delivery and read receipts for outgoing emails... is hub provisioned for that? If not, why not? ... does bbm support that? If so, why not bring it to hub?
    That's email. Not SMS, which the OP is asking about.

Sure, delivery and read receipts are handled in many email clients. No, the Hub isn't one of them. But I don't recall it ever having that option under BB10, or even BBOS. Could be wrong though. I always ignore any request for receipts when I get them. I prefer to just respond back with a "thanks".
    04-18-19 03:52 PM
    BB10 supports delivery receipts for texting. It depends on who you are texting. Not sure if it depends on what phone/carrier they have. Also not sure if the receipt is actually an indication from their phone as opposed to the carrier making a determination as to if it thinks the message has been delivered. Sometimes the little blue Ds don't show up and they just remain as greyed out check marks, even when it is obvious that the other person has indeed received the text. So, it doesn't appear to have any guarantees associated to it.

There is also something called RCS that some phone manufactures and carriers have implemented, which might also be used in some cases for delivery/read receipts and other rich content functions for "text messaging".

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-18-19 07:04 PM
    It was carrier dependant even on BB10. I never had that capability with my Z10 on AT&T. But, I know other carriers did.
    04-18-19 10:52 PM
    It was carrier dependant even on BB10. I never had that capability with my Z10 on AT&T. But, I know other carriers did.
    Correcto Mundo.... all the cool iPhone people have it with iMessage too
    04-18-19 11:59 PM
    Correcto Mundo.... all the cool iPhone people have it with iMessage too
    Yeah but iMessaging isn't SMS. iMessaging receipts are essentially accomplished through the data connection that goes back through Apple, similar to BBM.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-19-19 08:26 AM
    Yeah but iMessaging isn't SMS. iMessaging receipts are essentially accomplished through the data connection that goes back through Apple, similar to BBM.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    That is true. iMessage is basically like BBM, including the ability to run SMS through it.

At least you used to be able to SMS through BBM. I seem to recall it had that ability when a dabbled a bit with it back in 2008. But I don't know if it kept that ability. I never embraced BBM. By that time, even the bosses at my work switched to iPhones once they had native EAS and they dumped BES.
    04-19-19 11:21 AM
    That is true. iMessage is basically like BBM, including the ability to run SMS through it.

At least you used to be able to SMS through BBM. I seem to recall it had that ability when a dabbled a bit with it back in 2008. But I don't know if it kept that ability. I never embraced BBM. By that time, even the bosses at my work switched to iPhones once they had native EAS and they dumped BES.
    SMS through iMessaging on Apple devices I don't think is really "SMS through iMessaging". Rather, I think it's just the iMessaging app having the ability to send and receive both "plain old text/sms messages" and Apple iMessages (through the Apple empire) from the same integrated iMessaging app.
    04-19-19 11:49 AM
    SMS through iMessaging on Apple devices I don't think is really "SMS through iMessaging". Rather, I think it's just the iMessaging app having the ability to send and receive both "plain old text/sms messages" and Apple iMessages (through the Apple empire) from the same integrated iMessaging app.
    Well, yeah, but that pretty much is what I was saying. Seems like the same thing to me.

I send SMS from Textra on my S9 to my wife's iPhone 7 which is picked up in iMessage, and what she sends back is picked up in Textra on my phone.

But, because it's through AT&T on different apps, neither of us get read notices in either app.

Now, Samsung has their own text messaging app, and if both parties on a message chain are using it, it does have sent, read and responding now notices within the app. While it's cool, I only used it briefly with texts to my son when we both had S8s. It would let me know when he was actually typing his responses.

But, I wanted a custom LED color for texts, and the Samsung messages doesn't have that option, so I bought Textra.
    04-19-19 12:53 PM
    ...Well, yeah, but that pretty much is what I was saying....
    Ok, agree. I am just sometimes surprised when people say they are "texting" for free using their iPhones using iMessaging back and forth between other people with iPhones, because they say their plan includes free SMS text messaging. Then, they look at me funny when I explain to them that they aren't getting that for free as it is going against their "data", unless in the iMessaging app the text messages show up green. So, I was just trying to explain some of the differences.

Different protocols and such, but receipts in iMessaging (especially if between Apple devices) isn't I think much conceptually different than receipts for emails, and neither of those are the same as SMS receipts. At least, that's how I have understood it.

I am not sure how it works through various other "text messaging apps", but I think a bunch of them might use RCS.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-19-19 02:11 PM
    Ok, agree. I am just sometimes surprised when people say they are "texting" for free using their iPhones using iMessaging back and forth between other people with iPhones, because they say their plan includes free SMS text messaging. Then, they look at me funny when I explain to them that they aren't getting that for free as it is going against their "data", unless in the iMessaging app the text messages show up green. So, I was just trying to explain some of the differences.

Different protocols and such, but receipts in iMessaging (especially if between Apple devices) isn't I think much conceptually different than receipts for emails, and neither of those are the same as SMS receipts. At least, that's how I have understood it.

I am not sure how it works through various other "text messaging apps", but I think a bunch of them might use RCS.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    So that's another reason we use more data with all our IOS devices now compared to Android etc before.
    04-19-19 06:37 PM
    So that's another reason we use more data with all our IOS devices now compared to Android etc before.
    Probably not, because I don't think iMessaging uses much.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-19-19 06:59 PM
    Been using this feature with my K2 messaging app on Vodafone. How to verify if SMS MMS Text was successfully send and received-4989.jpg
    04-20-19 02:35 AM
    yes, exactly. I don't know how it works in the US but in Europe, I get delivery reports accross all carriers/phones/countries.
    04-20-19 11:22 PM
    Turn on Delivery Reports.
    Screenshot from my BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 Smartphone
    How to verify if SMS MMS Text was successfully send and received-enable_disable_sms_message_delivery_notification-02.jpg
    04-27-19 01:21 AM
    In the US, each carrier follows their own standards, so such options are not available with every carrier. AT&T happens to be one that doesn't.
    04-27-19 11:02 AM