I am on CDMA Verizon. I cannot locate any upgrade or update path in Settings anywhere.
    12-06-18 03:16 AM
    I am on CDMA Verizon. I cannot locate any upgrade or update path in Settings anywhere.
    You can't. Oreo will not be coming to CDMA KEYᵒⁿᵉs.

You can thank Verizon.
    12-06-18 06:54 AM
    Well that is a heck of a note.

What a waste of money and effort this was. I understand KEYtwo isn't even going to be available on Verizon either.

Looks like it is going to be goodbye BlackBerry, and that stinks.

I HATE/LOATHE/CANNOT STAND virtual keyboards either. I tried it for a full year before the Q10 came out.
    12-06-18 07:36 AM
    Well that is a heck of a note.

What a waste of money and effort this was. I understand KEYtwo isn't even going to be available on Verizon either.

Looks like it is going to be goodbye BlackBerry, and that stinks.

I HATE/LOATHE/CANNOT STAND virtual keyboards either. I tried it for a full year before the Q10 came out.
    The KEY² LE has been whitelisted by Verizon for BYOD.
    12-06-18 07:43 AM
    KEY2 LE is CDMA?

if it is I guess I have to upgrade. It does really, rely stink that a supposed flagship device by BlackBerry doesn't even get one OS update?

Who is at fault here? Blackberry software?
    12-06-18 07:52 AM
    KEY2 LE is CDMA?

if it is I guess I have to upgrade. It does really, rely stink that a supposed flagship device by BlackBerry doesn't even get one OS update?

Who is at fault here? Blackberry software?
    It's VoLTE. Verizon will be discontinuing CDMA shortly.

Who's at fault? Likely Verizon, as they are always in the driver's seat with respect to devices used on their network.
    12-06-18 07:52 AM
    it maybe Verizon but when I purchased my phone, I was under the impression that BlackBerry would be responsible for my updates. That's the main reason for going this route. Very disappointed with BlackBerry , and will not do it again.
    12-09-18 08:56 PM
    it maybe Verizon but when I purchased my phone, I was under the impression that BlackBerry would be responsible for my updates. That's the main reason for going this route. Very disappointed with BlackBerry , and will not do it again.
    How’s that BBMo’s fault?
    12-09-18 09:04 PM
    maybe I was mistaken, But I under stood that with Unlocked phones the updates would be pushed out by BlackBerry. If I was wrong, it will not be a mistake I will repeat.
    12-09-18 09:10 PM
    maybe I was mistaken, But I under stood that with Unlocked phones the updates would be pushed out by BlackBerry. If I was wrong, it will not be a mistake I will repeat.
    The problem is that you have a factory unlocked phone with the updates pushed out from BBMo. However, CDMA devices have to be provisioned by the carrier and VZW only does that after certification. BBMo did have the Nougat version certified but it sounds like VZW doesn’t pass certification along to Oreo.

Even with the Key2 and only LTE, VZW still requires the provisioning step. Unfortunately, the carrier is still in control with factory unlocked in the VZW system.

So factory unlocked doesn’t really mean the same on Verizon network.
    12-09-18 09:19 PM
    As Chuck indicated, BBMo could give you Oreo tomorrow, but unless Verizon whitelists it, you'd be shut out of its network.

Security update commitment has the following "small print":

"Timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule"
    12-09-18 09:24 PM
    yes I get it. But had I known about all of this before I purchased the phone I would have gone a different route. as I said I will be much more careful on my next phone. updates are important to me , and what's happening with keyones on Verizon is not cutting it.
    12-09-18 09:28 PM
    yes I get it. But had I known about all of this before I purchased the phone I would have gone a different route. as I said I will be much more careful on my next phone. updates are important to me , and what's happening with keyones on Verizon is not cutting it.
    Agreed. If you plan on staying on VZW, Android/IOS proprietary devices would be your only safe choice if updates remain your #1 priority.
    12-09-18 10:15 PM
    I would surmise that neither BBMo nor Verizon "knew" about this at the time of your purchase either.
    12-09-18 10:26 PM
    What about those of us using the "Verizon model" on t mobile? Why cant I have the update? Best buy shafted me when they sold me this one I had no idea it would be crippled by its apparent ties to VZW...
    12-09-18 11:02 PM
    What about those of us using the "Verizon model" on t mobile? Why cant I have the update? Best buy shafted me when they sold me this one I had no idea it would be crippled by its apparent ties to VZW...
    Your beef is with Best Buy, and their incorrect labelling of the device.

The unlocked BBB100-3 was ALWAYS sold as the Verizon CDMA variant.
    12-09-18 11:11 PM

No, my beef is with Blackberry for promising me a phone that would receive monthly security updates and NEVER mentioning "except for some models"

My beef is also with Blackberry for remaining silent on this for so damn long, a little transparency goes a long way.

My beef is also with Verizon for somehow gimping a phone that has never touched their network.

And yes, my beef is ALSO with Bestbuy for selling me the phone they did, but who can really blame them? I mean, it has a GSM radio, which verizon does NOT use. It has worked on T-mobile without issue since day one, so why this is labeled the "Verizon model" is beyond me. Also I would note there was ZERO mention of Verizon on the packaging.

Anyways apparently I have TONS of "beef" so ima go make a burger...
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-18 01:09 PM
    No, my beef is with Blackberry for promising me a phone that would receive monthly security updates and NEVER mentioning "except for some models"
    "Timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule"

My beef is also with Blackberry for remaining silent on this for so damn long, a little transparency goes a long way.
    What does BBMo (or BlackBerry for that matter) have to do with it? If you bought an electric version of a car, and don't have anywhere to plug it in, is it the manufacturer's fault? Even if the independent car lot sold it to you as a gas car?

My beef is also with Verizon for somehow gimping a phone that has never touched their network.
    It was never intended for any other network.

And yes, my beef is ALSO with Bestbuy for selling me the phone they did, but who can really blame them? I mean, it has a GSM radio, which verizon does NOT use. It has worked on T-mobile without issue since day one, so why this is labeled the "Verizon model" is beyond me. Also I would note there was ZERO mention of Verizon on the packaging.
    Doesn't change the fact that it is built exclusively for the Verizon network, and was delivered to Best Buy as such.

But I fully agree - a burger sounds delicious.
    Last edited by conite; 12-10-18 at 01:42 PM.
    12-10-18 01:11 PM

I was sold a BBB100-3 from Best Buy when I told them I wanted the AT&T-compatible model. I only realized it after finding out I couldn't get AT&T's LTE. I had to jump through silly hoops to get the Mobile Department Manager to realize that they sell two different K1's and I needed the BBB100-1.

Turns out Best Buy has the phone listed in their system as two colors: black and silver. Best Buy does not sell the black version of the K1. It was literally the same silver phone. At that point they finally swapped me out. I cannot recommend purchasing phones from Best Buy after this issue.
    12-10-18 04:26 PM
    Failures on just about every level, and u got excuses for all of them Conite! Congrats, these companies should be paying you as a PR guy...
    12-13-18 11:56 AM
    Failures on just about every level, and u got excuses for all of them Conite! Congrats, these companies should be paying you as a PR guy...
    How is a retailer’s mistake BBMo’s fault? Just return the device for the correct one?
    12-13-18 03:09 PM
    No other retailers seem to have had this problem.
    12-13-18 03:26 PM
    Yeah well ur right, f best buy for selling me the wrong model apparently. But the fact that I still haven't seen any updates in 4 months and can't get any info on why, probably isn't their fault...
    12-13-18 03:32 PM
    Yeah well ur right, f best buy for selling me the wrong model apparently. But the fact that I still haven't seen any updates in 4 months and can't get any info on why, probably isn't their fault...
    The good thing is that Sprint is getting a Nougat Dec patch imminently. Verizon, I suspect, will be right behind - after their "approval" process of course.
    bibbula likes this.
    12-13-18 03:39 PM