Is there any way to map the convenience button to do nothing?

I would really prefer it to Lock Screen, but then when it wakes up, I can't use the fingerprint scanner option to unlock the phone and have to type in a pin instead. This is suboptimal for one hand use since the numbers are on opposite side of Enter key, and using the onscreen PIN pad rather defeats the purpose of a BlackBerry.

Failing that, my next best choice would be to have button do nothing, but I haven't figured out how to do that. Any hints?
    08-15-17 09:58 AM
    How to unmap the inconvenience button?-screenshot_20170815-164534.jpgGo into settings, then convenience button, on the picture above you will see that mine is for the camera aplication,next to it you will see "effacer" means "erase"apply erase and voilà, the convenience button is empty....
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    08-15-17 10:51 AM
    I had tried clearing the settings early on, but the problem is that once the convenience button setting is cleared, the next time you short or long press the button, it pops up the same settings screen to let you assign an action. Oh well.
    08-16-17 03:15 AM
    I had tried clearing the settings early on, but the problem is that once the convenience button setting is cleared, the next time you short or long press the button, it pops up the same settings screen to let you assign an action. Oh well.

Mine doesn't react like that,after I cleared the application if I do a long or short push I stay on the Home screen.Sorry for you.
    08-16-17 04:04 AM
    Is there any way to map the convenience button to do nothing?

I would really prefer it to Lock Screen, but then when it wakes up, I can't use the fingerprint scanner option to unlock the phone and have to type in a pin instead. This is suboptimal for one hand use since the numbers are on opposite side of Enter key, and using the onscreen PIN pad rather defeats the purpose of a BlackBerry.

Failing that, my next best choice would be to have button do nothing, but I haven't figured out how to do that. Any hints?
    Download an app called Nothing, set it to that. Done! Presto! Walla! You're all set.
    08-16-17 05:19 AM
    Well, got all my hopes up for nothing. I installed the Nothing app from Chilango Labs. So now when I hit the button, it pops up a white screen with a text that says "Nothing". I tried up/up/down/down/left/right/left/right/B/A/play and all I got was 10 hours of Techno Chicken.
    08-17-17 04:34 AM
    You could use Button Mapper:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton

Set the key up at 'custom buttons' and then action to 'No action'.
    08-17-17 08:15 AM
    Winner winner chicken dinner! button Mapper did the trick beautifully! Thanks for the suggestion.
    IdBeats likes this.
    08-17-17 03:58 PM
    Good to hear it worked!
    08-17-17 06:01 PM