If TCL is building the KEYone like this, there is a person who does nothing but apply by hand the screen glue and then setting the screen, not the high tech assembly line we imagine. The part about gluing the screen on is the first step, the video is fast but I stopped it and clicked through the video where the case is set in a wood form, then an applicator runs around it before pressing the screen on. Not high tech at all.

https://www.wsj.com/video/how-to-bui...6793EAD30.html
    06-23-17 08:03 PM
    First off that wasn't TCL and we don't know forsure how the K1 is manufactured!
    06-23-17 08:16 PM
    Interesting video, but when all that needs to be done during the final assembly process is to connect a bunch of pre-assembled high tech modules together, what else would you expect?
    06-23-17 08:23 PM
    We should wait for slagman. Hes an expert in the manufacturing process.
    06-23-17 08:25 PM
    We should wait for slagman. Hes an expert in the manufacturing process.
    Naw man, you're the expert. You were talking all kinds of "this definitely doesn't cost this much" stuff in another post. I don't pretend to know how much that stuff costs... ;-)
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-23-17 08:32 PM
    If TCL is building the KEYone like this, there is a person who does nothing but apply by hand the screen glue and then setting the screen, not the high tech assembly line we imagine. The part about gluing the screen on is the first step, the video is fast but I stopped it and clicked through the video where the case is set in a wood form, then an applicator runs around it before pressing the screen on. Not high tech at all.

https://www.wsj.com/video/how-to-bui...6793EAD30.html
    I've actually been to that market they showed, lol.
    06-23-17 08:38 PM
    I wonder if I can send my KEYone to Lucky Star and have them add a wireless charging coil into it...
    06-23-17 08:40 PM
    Naw man, you're the expert. You were talking all kinds of "this definitely doesn't cost this much" stuff in another post. I don't pretend to know how much that stuff costs... ;-)
    I dont pretend, im expressing opinions based on devices with exact same configurations for half the cost.

Will you purchase a 40k lexus with the exact motor and tranny set up as a 20k corolla?
    06-23-17 08:41 PM
    I dont pretend, im expressing opinions based on devices with exact same configurations for half the cost.

Will you purchase a 40k lexus with the exact motor and tranny set up as a 20k corolla?
    Uh... people do all of the time. The leather interiors, entertainment systems, along with the additional care in hand assembling the body panels costs extra money... Have you went and measured how even the body panel gaps are between a corolla and a lexus?? You'll find that the gaps are all exactly symmetrical in the lexus, not so much with the corolla...

Maybe not a Corolla, but there are definitely Lexus models with the exact same powertrain (engine+transmission) as a Camry and they are about $20k difference... Seriously, come up with a better example...

Edit: I'm not sure if you realized it when you typed it, but Lexus is just a luxury version of Toyota. People pay extra for the Lexus version with the same engine and transmission as a Toyota version ALL OF THE TIME. If you wanted to prove how it doesn't make sense to do so, that was the absolute worst example possible, lol.
    06-23-17 08:58 PM
    To add to that, back when Pontiac was around, I think it was like the Pontiac G8 or one of those models, had the same exact motor and transmission as the Chevy Corvette of the same year and it cost like $25k less. Are you saying that people would be more likely to buy that Pontiac than the Corvette? Well, Pontiac going out of business tells me that didn't happen, lol.
    06-23-17 09:04 PM
    Nice video thanks for sharing
    EndRacism likes this.
    06-23-17 09:36 PM
    Uh... people do all of the time. The leather interiors, entertainment systems, along with the additional care in hand assembling the body panels costs extra money... Have you went and measured how even the body panel gaps are between a corolla and a lexus?? You'll find that the gaps are all exactly symmetrical in the lexus, not so much with the corolla...

Maybe not a Corolla, but there are definitely Lexus models with the exact same powertrain (engine+transmission) as a Camry and they are about $20k difference... Seriously, come up with a better example...

Edit: I'm not sure if you realized it when you typed it, but Lexus is just a luxury version of Toyota. People pay extra for the Lexus version with the same engine and transmission as a Toyota version ALL OF THE TIME. If you wanted to prove how it doesn't make sense to do so, that was the absolute worst example possible, lol.
    3 only. ES and Avalon ride on the same platform, 6k apart, avalon rides better. RX and Highlander (optioned to reach RX) are also 2-4k apart. Land cruiser and LX are roughly 5k. If you want to make a reasonable comparison. Both ride just as good. Some materials, paint and sound deadening is all that distinguishes them. I own 2, and on clublexus. My example is correct.
    06-23-17 10:08 PM
    a more applicable example is how the Moto Z Play doesn't have a keyboard, smaller battery, weak camera, no fingerprint sensor (embedded in the keyboard I might add), premium materials and premium feel.

it's similar to the internal of a Lexus and Corolla example
    06-23-17 10:22 PM
    Anyway, we are way off topic and my comment as mentioned in the other post were not made to challenge experts nor was an attempt to pretend to be one as it was interpreted.

This can be discussed forever. My personal hope is for a much more superior quality and offering device in the next revision.
    06-23-17 10:33 PM
    3 only. ES and Avalon ride on the same platform, 6k apart, avalon rides better. RX and Highlander (optioned to reach RX) are also 2-4k apart. Land cruiser and LX are roughly 5k. If you want to make a reasonable comparison. Both ride just as good. Some materials, paint and sound deadening is all that distinguishes them. I own 2, and on clublexus. My example is correct.
    Lol, oh ok. I was never really much of a Toyota/Lexus guy myself. Just knew that people paid more for the luxury features of the Lexus vehicles not proportionate to the actual engine specs as compared to when it's put into a Toyota.
    06-23-17 11:26 PM
    Lol, oh ok. I was never really much of a Toyota/Lexus guy myself. Just knew that people paid more for the luxury features of the Lexus vehicles not proportionate to the actual engine specs as compared to when it's put into a Toyota.
    All that matters is my plant makes the exhaust for both brands, so have fun when those welds break off in three years =). JK lol
    06-24-17 12:19 AM
    All that matters is my plant makes the exhaust for both brands, so have fun when those welds break off in three years =). JK lol
    lol, that's why people lease, change cars every 2, haha.
    giantrobo likes this.
    06-24-17 09:14 AM