Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I do not want to use a cloud and/or google.
    09-22-18 06:11 PM
    TLDR in case you do not wish to read thru my somewhat lengthy post below: it's impossible via a USB cable, i.e. the way you are used to .

Then again, if you're willing to search for ways how to get syncing work, there's quite some learning curve & reading one has to face .

So what exactly do you mean by "Outlook"? The email/calendar/contacts etc. client (software) or an outlook.com email/calendar/contacts/tasks account (i.e. an Exchange ActiveSync account)? If it's the former, what type of account are you using and what content (emails/calendar/contacts/tasks) would you like to sync? Specific steps for each of the scenarios would differ a bit and that's why I'm asking.

If it's the former, then as you can see here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...count-1125396/

you need a third party software AND an account with them although that doesn't mean your info is being stored in the cloud (just saying in case we're talking about privacy/security concerns). Read this for more on how specifically AkrutoSync works: https://www.akruto.com/best-ways-to-...osoft-outlook/

If it's the former you're looking for or if you do have an IMAP or even better an Exchange ActiveSync email/contacts/calendar/tasks account then...why on Earth would you not want to use the best part about it which is not having to do anything for it to sync automatically across all your devices?
    Last edited by shandy-R2D2; 09-23-18 at 02:07 AM.
    09-23-18 01:06 AM
    Thank you so much for this answer.
    I understand that you have different views on syncing. But for me doing it via wifi is just not what I want. So I decided to send the Keyone back.
    09-25-18 05:23 PM
    I literally hat the fact that I cannot sync my phone with my computer that way that I need to!
    09-25-18 05:58 PM
    hate! I really hate it!
    09-25-18 05:59 PM
    Figuring out how to sync my KEYone to my Outlook client was the first thing I did when I got my KEYone, back in January of this year.

Use the app MyPhoneExplorer. It's free, you can do the syncing over WiFi or over USB (USB requires developer mode USB Debugging = enabled), and you can sync Outlook contacts to your phone without having an online or cloud account, and you can backup SMS messages to your PC.

I used MyPhoneExplorer to load all the SMS messages from my BlackBerry 9000/9780 (115,000 messages - 10 years of texting) onto my KEYone.
    09-25-18 09:30 PM