These ads that appear on the screen (you can see them when swiping from the top) make a sound, the default notification sound that's been set on the phone I believe, where do I have to look to remove this notification because I can't find it. Thanks.
    12-06-19 01:15 AM
    comes from some app... go back in time and find it and disable "write over" in settings or else uninstall it
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-06-19 at 12:17 PM.
    12-06-19 11:02 AM
    Really? It comes from an app? God that could mean going through dozens and dozens of apps since it's not just the more recent it could simply be an update of an older one. Can the phone give me any clue on how to find it?
    12-06-19 11:41 AM
    Really? It comes from an app? God that could mean going through dozens and dozens of apps since it's not just the more recent it could simply be an update of an older one. Can the phone give me any clue on how to find it?
    It's probably the last app that you granted the Draw over Other Apps. If this was implemented to an app with an update you'd still need to grant the permission after the update, this should give you a clue.
    I'd start with the most recently installed ones...

Posted via CB10
    12-06-19 11:49 AM
    happened once to me... found it quite quickly
    12-06-19 12:17 PM
    These ads that appear on the screen (you can see them when swiping from the top) make a sound, the default notification sound that's been set on the phone I believe, where do I have to look to remove this notification because I can't find it. Thanks.
    The easiest way to identify the culprit is to:
    1- Open Playstore
    2- Go to my apps and games
    3- Choose Installed
    4- Sort by last used
    5- Scroll through the listed apps and find the one that was recently used without actually having opened the app
    6- Uninstall the app and report to Google
    Suzeranne likes this.
    12-06-19 12:22 PM
    That is good and clever advice. Thank you.
    12-06-19 02:03 PM
    That is good and clever advice. Thank you.
    Were you able to find the culprit?
    12-06-19 02:17 PM
    I think so, hope so. In the last used apps list there was a compass app that I definitely didn't open recently, hardly ever (despite having it on the phone for quite some time), then I went into the feedbacks and other users were complaining about ads, I haven't reported the app to anyone simply because maybe there is a version with ads and one without. The advice you gave of listing them in last used order made definite sense.
    12-07-19 01:18 AM
    I think so, hope so. In the last used apps list there was a compass app that I definitely didn't open recently, hardly ever (despite having it on the phone for quite some time), then I went into the feedbacks and other users were complaining about ads, I haven't reported the app to anyone simply because maybe there is a version with ads and one without. The advice you gave of listing them in last used order made definite sense.
    Do report it though. Google allows virtually any style of ad WITHIN an app; popping up ads when you're not using the app isn't allowed, putting ads in notifications is not allowed (the "this game you have installed has new levels" type things are but other than that...), and apps are supposed to make it clear what apps making the notification (the fact that you couldn't tell right away it was the compass app means they're breaking that rule too.) Of course, Google probably takes a peek at the reviews anyway when an app suddenly gets huge amounts of downvotes
    anon(10622733) likes this.
    12-07-19 11:36 PM