I have a super slow KeyOne.
    Any tips on how to speed it up?

All pics/videos and extras are on memory card, but storage is showing as 23gb out of 32gb used up.... 11gb by apps 9gb by system. I dont have many apps though, so the 11gb are mostly system apps anyways.

IS there anything I can do to speed and clean this phone up?
    11-25-19 10:53 AM
    - Keep your cookies / caches clean
    - Clean up unused files and system junk using SD Maid or similar
    - Worst case, wipe it and start fresh and load only what you need

No matter how you swing it, Android is messy when it comes to cleaning up after itself. Apps you install and delete leave some folders and files in place, wasting a lot of space and slowing your device down. If you're not diligent in cleaning it up, it can drag a perfectly fine device down easily.
    11-25-19 11:09 AM
    I have a super slow KeyOne.
    Any tips on how to speed it up?

All pics/videos and extras are on memory card, but storage is showing as 23gb out of 32gb used up.... 11gb by apps 9gb by system. I dont have many apps though, so the 11gb are mostly system apps anyways.

Besides Bla1ze tips make sure to reduce animation scale in developer settings to 0.5 or even turn it right off (if you haven't done so already).
    robnhl likes this.
    11-25-19 11:29 AM
    interesting... what does reducing it impact?
    11-25-19 11:40 AM
    is there a way to clean cookies/cache manually, or a clean up app should do it all?
    11-25-19 11:40 AM
    interesting... what does reducing it impact?
    Nothing really. It just speeds up the animations. I'd argue that it doesn't REALLY speed up the device, but just how you perceive the speed of the device, but whatever. Perception counts and it's still a good suggestion.
    robnhl likes this.
    11-25-19 11:41 AM
    is there a way to clean cookies/cache manually, or a clean up app should do it all?
    I use a combination because I'm picky and like control. You can do each manually, or you can control all with SD Maid. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....thedarken.sdm
    11-25-19 11:45 AM
    Nothing really. It just speeds up the animations. I'd argue that it doesn't REALLY speed up the device, but just how you perceive the speed of the device, but whatever. Perception counts and it's still a good suggestion.
    I agree that IF you only reduce to 0.5 it will only appear to be faster as it will speed up the loading of menus etc but if animations are disabled that is a different story. Some of the load on the GPU/CPU will be reduced which in turn will speed up a device that has lower resources.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    11-25-19 11:54 AM
    I agree that IF you only reduce to 0.5 it will only appear to be faster as it will speed up the loading of menus etc but if animations are disabled that is a different story. Some of the load on the GPU/CPU will be reduced which in turn will speed up a device that has lower resources.
    Yeah, very true. It's honestly the first thing I do with any Android device.
    robnhl likes this.
    11-25-19 11:57 AM
    I use a combination because I'm picky and like control. You can do each manually, or you can control all with SD Maid. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....thedarken.sdm
    I hadn't heard of this app before. (SD Maid). How often do you use it on your devices? Also, would it also help the PRIV? I am on a KEY2 now but still use my PRIV sometimes. But it does get sluggish easily.
    11-25-19 07:19 PM
    The point of app cache is to speed apps up (load times, reduce network calls, etc). Deleting it will recover storage but generally does the opposite of speeding things up. Unless you actually need more storage, and it doesn't seem like you do, I wouldn't delete it as a matter of course.
    Last edited by robnhl; 11-25-19 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
    11-25-19 07:23 PM
    Besides Bla1ze tips make sure to reduce animation scale in developer settings to 0.5 or even turn it right off (if you haven't done so already).
    I second this. This is my number one recommendation for any Android device.
    11-25-19 07:34 PM
    I second this. This is my number one recommendation for any Android device.
    I third this lol it's the very first thing you should do as soon as you get your hands on any Android phone.
    robnhl likes this.
    11-25-19 08:43 PM
    factory reset is a pain in the neck but it does wonders...
    11-26-19 09:18 AM
    factory reset is a pain in the neck but it does wonders...
    On a slow device like the Priv it's annoying because that phone takes forever to install apps, but if you do a Google backup and then restore it right after, pretty much everything should be just how you left off.
    11-26-19 08:36 PM
    I always switch location off. battery works better, also in developer options you can speed up animations.
    11-27-19 03:16 PM
    I hadn't heard of this app before. (SD Maid). How often do you use it on your devices? Also, would it also help the PRIV? I am on a KEY2 now but still use my PRIV sometimes. But it does get sluggish easily.
    I use it once a week - but it won't clean the app caches. You have to do that manually - app by app.
    11-27-19 03:44 PM
    If you can afford it, get a new device. Best advice I can give.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-27-19 04:12 PM
    I use it once a week - but it won't clean the app caches. You have to do that manually - app by app.
    CCleaner does, no?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-19 06:24 PM
    CCleaner does, no?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately no.

Nothing can without root access. And even then, I don't know what apps are available.
    11-27-19 06:42 PM
    If you run it and add the Accessibility Service it will. it basically runs as if you were manually doing it but it does it for you.
    11-28-19 11:13 AM
    If you run it and add the Accessibility Service it will. it basically runs as if you were manually doing it but it does it for you.
    Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.
    11-28-19 11:23 AM
    Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.
    Go into settings, AppCleaner, then enable Accessibility Service. Once that is enabled it basically allows the app to go into each app and automatically clean the caches as if you were doing it manually. Just enable it, you'll see what I mean lol.
    rolfep likes this.
    11-28-19 11:25 AM
    Go into settings, AppCleaner, then enable Accessibility Service. Once that is enabled it basically allows the app to go into each app and automatically clean the caches as if you were doing it manually. Just enable it, you'll see what I mean lol.
    Oh I see, a keystroke automator. Very cool.
    11-28-19 11:29 AM