I have a KeyOne phone and I don't like to have notifications on, except for the phone.

I miss the old setting of blackberry's where you could choose Only Phone Notification...

How I can do that on a BBK1 with Android?
    08-08-19 04:50 PM
    I have a KeyOne phone and I don't like to have notifications on, except for the phone.

I miss the old setting of blackberry's where you could choose Only Phone Notification...

How I can do that on a BBK1 with Android?
    Sure. Use priority mode and only allow phone calls and alarms.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-08-19 05:02 PM
    How I can setup the priority mode? Settings?
    08-09-19 08:42 AM
    How I can setup the priority mode? Settings?
    Just tap the do not disturb icon in the quick settings.

You can also customise it in settings, sound, do not disturb.
    08-09-19 08:58 AM
    What I miss from BB10 is being able to supress notifications but still have them all visible in a separate channel in the Hub. With Android once you dismiss a notification, it can be difficult or impossible to find it again if you want it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-09-19 09:02 AM
    What I miss from BB10 is being able to supress notifications but still have them all visible in a separate channel in the Hub. With Android once you dismiss a notification, it can be difficult or impossible to find it again if you want it.

Android is in your face but that's just how its (annoyingly) designed. Any attempt to suppress it result in loss of functionality elsewhere.
    08-09-19 09:23 AM
    Android is in your face but that's just how its (annoyingly) designed. Any attempt to suppress it result in loss of functionality elsewhere.
    That's been my experience, and is the main reason I still use BB10 for daily carry. I don't appreciate the constant attempt to grab my attention. I try to set my whole work environment up on the "pull" model, where only truly urgent things are pushed to me, and I choose when to receive the rest.

In BB10 I have very granular control of notifications based on account, individual, and context thanks to custom profiles, so I never have to see most notifications in real time but can scan for them at leisure. Since 100% of them are in the Hub, I never miss any.

Android's approach, by comparison, is both intrusive and unreliable, because notifications are intended to be time-limited in the tray.
    08-09-19 05:07 PM
    BlackBerry was the best for controlling notifications but, let’s face it, most people seem to enjoy the constant interruptions these days.
    08-09-19 05:27 PM
    Girl, Interrupted

1999 ‧
    08-09-19 05:32 PM
    BlackBerry was the best for controlling notifications but, let’s face it, most people seem to enjoy the constant interruptions these days.
    Yes. BlackBerry was better at what I like, but I know I'm atypical. (strange as hell).

08-09-19 05:52 PM
    Yes. BlackBerry was better at what I like, but I know I'm atypical. (strange as hell).

“Was” is the key word.
    I’d still be using my Classic or whatever itineration followed if they had been successful. I’m not a big media consumption guy and I mostly use my iPad Pro for that anyway.
    We can reminisce and dream all we want but it’s over.
    08-09-19 05:59 PM
    “Was” is the key word.
    I’d still be using my Classic or whatever itineration followed if they had been successful. I’m not a big media consumption guy and I mostly use my iPad Pro for that anyway.
    We can reminisce and dream all we want but it’s over.
    Thankfully, it's not over for me. What's interesting is that, now that I carry my KEYone Keyone and Z10 everywhere, I've noticed the following pattern in my usage:

I use the Z10 to monitor my inbox and calendar, and for 90% of email, text messaging and task management. Total screen time: 3-4 hours a day. I use the KEYone for the mobile web and the occasional app, mostly emergency Slack. Total screen time: 30-60 minutes per day. I keep it on Do Not Disturb 100% of the time.

What's interesting is that, before I bought the KEYone, I used my Z10 for 6-8 hours a day. So, the net result of owning an Android phone is that I've reduced my total use of mobile significantly.

I've tried leaving the Z10 at home, but then I use mobile even less (60-90 minutes a day).

It's not an issue of comfort or configuration. My KEYone is dialed in, and I'm quick on it. But the lack of control over notifications is so annoying that I end up turning off all notifications. And the need to use two hands to navigate the Hub means I just don't want the thing in my hands.

The future of mobile for me is uncertain. It's clear I'll never be able to achieve the sense of "flow" for professional written communications on Android that I enjoyed between 2004 and the end of OneDrive on BB10. I find Android a useful gadget for many small, personal tasks, but I never feel like I would miss my Android phone if I left it at home. In fact, I once misplaced it for almost two months, and I barely noticed.

These days, I get much more excited about my 12 inch Linux laptop than I do about either phone.
    08-09-19 06:45 PM