I'm using Keyone w Verizon and the "standard" android messaging app. How can I send the same text to multiple persons but they only see it individually ? This was simple with my BB Bold. Thanks.
    12-07-17 11:32 AM
    I have had mixed results depending on which carrier I was on at one time or another. Some carriers support text "groups", while others don't and the receipients get the messages individually. Then I also found out that not all of my recipients can actually RECEIVE group messages (something to do with not supporting MMS, I think). So they only could reply to me the original sender and not to the others in the group.
    It's an SMS MESS out there!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-07-17 12:16 PM
    I was surprised that my Sprint phone sends and receives all group text messages as "MMS". Don't know of any setting that will change that. Often I just send to a list so that I don't have to rewrite the same message; I don't necessarily want to start a group conversation.
    12-08-17 05:31 AM
    Hi - I coach a softball and basketball team. I've been using an app called GroupText from playstore. It does exactly what you need and there are no limitations.
    12-08-17 07:43 AM
    To change this functionality, go to your default messaging app, click the three dots (menu) button at the top right, Settings > Advanced > Group messaging. From here you can select weather u want to send out many individual texts (SMS mass text), or use group messaging where everyone sees everyone elses messages (group MMS).
    FF22 and nycinderella like this.
    12-08-17 11:59 AM
    I'm using Keyone w Verizon and the "standard" android messaging app. How can I send the same text to multiple persons but they only see it individually ? This was simple with my BB Bold. Thanks.
    Download textra SMS as your daily driver for SMS. It is highly customizable from both a functionality perspective, and a cosmetic perspective. To address your issue, within textra, you go to Settings->Group Messaging->Bulk.
    KD07 likes this.
    12-08-17 02:31 PM
    To change this functionality, go to your default messaging app, click the three dots (menu) button at the top right, Settings > Advanced > Group messaging. From here you can select weather u want to send out many individual texts (SMS mass text), or use group messaging where everyone sees everyone elses messages (group MMS).
    I tested this setting. For me on my Sprint phone, the mass text setting effectively disables my ability to send a group text message. I can only send to one contact at a time. Is this the case for others? Sometimes I send an mms, sometimes a mass text; surprised that I can't choose the protocol when I create the text. Also have noticed that in my car I can't listen to an mms message because the message has a characters limit and so I can hear all (or a portion) of the recipient list but nothing else.
    12-09-17 05:55 AM
    I figured out why mass text mode wasn't working. I had included my phone number in my group list. Apparently, the app then reverts to sms. If I include only other (than myself) contacts, mass text mode works. Going to use this mode as default so that I can listen to texts in the car. Still would like to be able to select the mode (mms or mass sms) when I create the text rather than having to change my default receive setting each time.
    12-10-17 06:05 AM