Hello the subject and my all posts tells everything

At the new "blackberry" they left us waiting for months for this update

We said ourselves, the delay is because (maybe) they are testing it so well.

No

Awful colors now on the screen, awful bluetooth, awful calls quality, Google play takes ours to just update installed apps, lags in the phone app

they have demolished the essence of the phone

So please allow me to go back to Android 7.

P.S. I have a Motion

Thank you for any kind how to.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    10-14-18 10:46 AM
    LOL I thought I was the only one.
    10-14-18 03:11 PM
    me three want to go back also
    Lionel Passport likes this.
    10-14-18 04:10 PM
    I rolled my black edition back to last year's October patch via an autoloader. Maybe it's out of date on its security patch however I don't have any WiFi issues. Then I use an app called NetGuard to block the update app and it services from accessing the internet
    hjc73734 likes this.
    10-14-18 10:26 PM

No

Awful colors now on the screen, awful bluetooth, awful calls quality, Google play takes ours to just update installed apps, lags in the phone app

P.S. I have a Motion

Seriously more worst than older android 7.1 version ?
    Gosh. My KEYone it's a laggy phone and I'm keep waiting for the latest android update.

Which means better don't get update lol........
    10-15-18 06:10 AM
    Seriously more worst than older android 7.1 version ?
    Gosh. My KEYone it's a laggy phone and I'm keep waiting for the latest android update.

Which means better don't get update lol........
    I did read lots of good things about the Oreo update for the Keyone. You can't judge the results of another phone to what will happen with yours.
    10-15-18 06:15 AM

No

P.S. I have a Motion

Seem this is BlackBerry's new tactic to move people from one phone to the next.
    First they end support for legacy devices and now moving up to more recent devices.
    Well at least they somewhat keep their promise to support Security updates even if they brick the phone lol.
    10-15-18 06:17 AM
    Seem this is BlackBerry's new tactic to move people from one phone to the next.
    First they end support for legacy devices and now moving up to more recent devices.
    Well at least they somewhat keep their promise to support Security updates even if they brick the phone lol.
    Lol...i always wish the latest software will solve the lag issues ......
    10-15-18 06:22 AM
    Motion most noticeable issue with 7.x , on my experience, was the bluetooth, but in particular I mean the bkuetooth for the music play.

I use many music apps

Nothing else special (bad) to be listed

But with Oreo is a tragedy under too many aspects

For the moment I'd like to go back to 7.x
    10-15-18 07:16 AM
    I have to disagree. my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is running better than ever since updating to Oreo.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-15-18 11:17 AM

No

P.S. I have a Motion

Did you try simply rebooting the device?

If so, did you try a factory reset? It's a common issue with Android devices to have some of the mentioned problems after an OS update (i.e.: from Nougat to Oreo). A factory reset typically solves these issues.
    10-15-18 11:55 AM
    Everyone having issues are better off fixing their current install rather than fussing with trying to go back.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-15-18 11:59 AM
    Wow cool, never heard e.g. on Samsung. Mean they upgrade and works...

So, how does this work? Factory reset .

And this mean loose everything and reinstall everything and reconfigure everything?

Or this reset will NOT wipe ?

Or can you suggest how to backup E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G and with everything I mean everything:

Installed Apps, mail accounts, Firefox favorites, and so on

Thank you for any hint
    10-15-18 01:13 PM

And this mean loose everything and reinstall everything and reconfigure everything?

Or can you suggest how to backup E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G and with everything I mean everything:

Thank you for any hint
    A simply upgrade works for the vast majority. You and some others are a blip where something went wrong.

A factory reset wipes everything, but assuming you have everything in the cloud, you should be up and running quickly.

Google restore will retain some OS and app settings as well.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-15-18 01:47 PM

Thank you for any hint
    I experienced most of the problems you mentioned when I upgraded my KEYone to Oreo. All is well now but it took about two weeks of settling and ecosystem updates.

The problem appears to be related to Android in general and not BBAndroid specifically. I’ve said it hundreds of times but I’ll say once more, I’m not an IT guy.

From what simpleton information gathered by me that I understand, there were major issues with Oreo 8.0 so Oreo 8.1 was supposed to contain many fixes. BB and some different OEMs as well, appear to have gone straight to 8.1 and so it means that everything doesn’t play nicely with each other initially.

Biggest thing for me, app downloads appeared to download slowly. Then I realized, the download progress was showing differently and was still downloading properly, it just didn’t show progress the same way.

I had several updates of the Google Play Store install over those initial weeks. That’s not unusual to GPS update, but this was more frequent, sometimes daily, or so it seemed. It seemed like other apps updated, staggered as well but more frequently.

I’m not sure but it felt like the move from 7.1 to 8.1 requires some kind of gradual implementation from Google and it’s not explained or discussed. Perhaps this is getting around the initial 8.0 caused issues?

Anyway, 2-3 weeks later and device seemed to be normal like Nougat and now six weeks later, it feels much better than Nougat, performance-wise, but maybe it’s all placebo since I’m no IT guy......
    10-16-18 08:43 AM