My key2 had a message saying I was running out of memory and to delete unwanted apps. It however deleted apps I use including word and excel. I can't find how to get them back and the play store is offering an updated version which apparently is incompatible, or paid for options with lots of adverts
    02-03-23 08:14 AM
    My key2 had a message saying I was running out of memory and to delete unwanted apps. It however deleted apps I use including word and excel. I can't find how to get them back and the play store is offering an updated version which apparently is incompatible, or paid for options with lots of adverts
    First, the phone won't delete anything on its own.

Second, the Play Store will never offer an app to download that is incompatible.

So, I'm confused.
    02-03-23 08:24 AM
    All my apps were listed as options to delete. I only selected around 10 (x's in box) but I could see that all the microsft apps were were deleting as well, but I couldn't stop the process. And yes the microsoft word app is in the playstore but when I click on it, it says in red writing 'this is not compatible with your phone'
    Last edited by MrSteele38; 02-03-23 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spotted some spelling errors
    02-03-23 09:19 AM
    All my apps were listed as options to delete. I only selected around 10 (x's in box) but I could see that all the microsft apps were were deleting as well, but I couldn't stop the process. And yes the microsoft word app is in the playstore but when I click on it, it says in red writing 'this is not compatible with your phone'
    Oh okay. So it's not actually being offered. I understand.

You'll have to go to APKmirror and look for versions that would be compatible with Oreo.

Like this:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/micros...-apk-download/
    02-03-23 09:31 AM
    Just keep in mind that once these apps have been deprecated by the developer, they are deemed unsafe. Although I would suspect security is not much of a concern for you when you are using such an ancient phone on an ancient OS.
    02-03-23 09:36 AM
    Do I have to download on a PC and transfer or can I download straight to the phone
    02-03-23 10:26 AM
    Do I have to download on a PC and transfer or can I download straight to the phone
    Can download an App/APK straight to your phone and then run it.

But some apps that get depreciated... will continue to run on an active device, but won't allow a new activation. Really not sure about Microsoft Apps, for sure you can give it a try.
    02-03-23 10:49 AM