My understanding is that the security updates will still come through the carrier even after it is unlocked.
    That's too bad, I guess I'm still waiting then

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 10:13 AM
    Nice!

I always have good luck with Metrotown too!

Even the Bell store there sells outright

and for anyone else, if they refuse,
    you can buy it full price with the absolute cheapest plan/paygo they have and cancel it after a few days

also try craigslist, there's always good deals on Craigslist too
    An update: I just bought my second KEYone from a Rogers store in Metrotown (here in the Greater Vancouver Area). Told them it's a gift for a Rogers customer.

When asked what their number was, said I didn't have it on me and then told them to "log" the sale under my phone number.
    06-02-17 07:35 PM
    ... also try craigslist, there's always good deals on Craigslist too
    Lots of good deals on Craigslist, especially since you don't know what's happened to the device before you buy it from a stranger you'll never see again.
    06-02-17 08:13 PM
    That's too bad, I guess I'm still waiting then

Posted via CB10
    I thought the security updates come through Google. I bought my KEYone from Bell Canada on May 31st (off contract for $699 with a one month $25 plan which will be cancelled this week). When I bought the phone the security date was March 7, 2017, and my phone was updated last evening and I had my Virgin Mobile Sim in it. The security date now says June 5, 2017.
    06-02-17 08:25 PM
    I went into Rogers, bought a month to month sim card and put $10 of credit on it. This cost $10.
    Then I bought the phone using that number.
    And then I paid $23 for an unlock code. So all told it was $33 more. Not that costly to get it ASAP
    06-02-17 08:27 PM
    Nice Brazen9000,

Enjoy your KeyOne man,

I love mine, been glued to it all day!

Have a great weekend !
    06-02-17 09:09 PM
    KEYone received from telus today, ordered Wednesday !!! Consumer and they gave it to me for $0 dollars... not opening it until I get the cases I ordered from incipio .....
    Attached Thumbnails how to purchase phone if you do not belong to a major carrier -  Canada-89347.jpg  
    06-02-17 09:24 PM
    nice and congrats you are one of the first to have a telus KeyOne!
    06-02-17 09:29 PM
    Same thing happened to me, except that I am with Rogers already. I just wanted to buy the phone and no modifications to my existing plan. WTF?
    What ! I find that hard to believe, did you ask them to upgrade your existing phone contract to the néw bb or you ask to buy it outright. I find it very hard to believe rogers would not sell a phone outright, could just possibly mean you are not eligible for a upgrade.
    06-02-17 09:32 PM
    What ! I find that hard to believe, did you ask them to upgrade your existing phone contract to the néw bb or you ask to buy it outright. I find it very hard to believe rogers would not sell a phone outright, could just possibly mean you are not eligible for a upgrade.
    Purchase without contact. They wouldn't do it. Not the first time with Rogers with me, happened with many of their launches on day 1. All started with me on the Bold. Being a fan of, I always bought on day 1. Anyways, ended up going to two more stores and finally someone sold me one. Not sure what the issue was since BlackBerry is trying to boost phone sales and should honor anyone that wants one. I think it's more Rogers doing as I've always had past Rogers Blackberry's one day 1, all depends on how many stores I have to try.
    06-02-17 09:37 PM
    Does anyone know if the Telus version will work with Koodo?

Posted via CB10
    It should, Koodo branched or owned by Telus.
    06-02-17 09:39 PM
    Yes you can unlock right away, but carriers won't do it until you had the phone for a certain period.

Now I thought that if a phone is bought outright, they legally have to unlock it right away.... but i am not sure
    No they don't legally have to do nothing, what they have to do is give you the option of unlocking it, for a fee of course they don't do it for free.
    06-02-17 09:40 PM
    I just told them I want the new blackberry that is only available to business people and I have it today..... They tried to sell me the iPhone and Samsung and then they made it work for me to get the phone and I have it today... $0 dollars on two year contact!!!
    06-02-17 10:48 PM
    I just told them I want the new blackberry that is only available to business people and I have it today..... They tried to sell me the iPhone and Samsung and then they made it work for me to get the phone and I have it today... $0 dollars on two year contact!!!
    Telus is now making the KEYone available to consumers as well.
    06-03-17 12:41 AM
    Prepaid Sim in new keyone, no contract?

Then, remove the Sim and flick it towards the employee after purchase.
    06-03-17 12:49 AM
    My understanding is that the security updates will still come through the carrier even after it is unlocked.
    I got the update today. Bell unlocked to the mighty Freedom! Lol
    06-03-17 01:04 AM
    I got the update today. Bell unlocked to the mighty Freedom! Lol
    Which update would that be?
    06-03-17 03:52 PM
    The security patch we get each month. I unlocked my bell phone and the update came through same day. People we telling me that ooh if it's not from bb direct you wait for the carrier, not my experience. Well at least not June anyway
    06-03-17 04:10 PM
    The security patch we get each month. I unlocked my bell phone and the update came through same day. People we telling me that ooh if it's not from bb direct you wait for the carrier, not my experience. Well at least not June anyway
    That's because bell pushed it , only Canadian keyones have June update right now
    06-03-17 04:19 PM
    Yes I know Bell pushed it but carriers are synonymous with being late compared to direct from blackberry devices
    06-03-17 04:39 PM
    Prepaid Sim in new keyone, no contract?

Then, remove the Sim and flick it towards the employee after purchase.
    Rudeness is uncivilized. But you father taught you that lesson right?
    06-03-17 06:01 PM
    KEYone received from telus today, ordered Wednesday !!! Consumer and they gave it to me for $0 dollars... not opening it until I get the cases I ordered from incipio .....
    I wonder if you can hold out until those protective case(s) arrive before opening the BlackBerry KEYone box and fondling your precious baby. LOL
    06-03-17 06:03 PM
    Rudeness is uncivilized. But you father taught you that lesson right?
    That was obviously a joke, but thank you for missing the point.
    06-03-17 06:22 PM
    Same thing happened to me, except that I am with Rogers already. I just wanted to buy the phone and no modifications to my existing plan. WTF?
    I called Rogers on the evening of May 31st. They sold me a KEYone off tab with NO change to my plan. I have one of those "grandfather" plans I WON'T mess with. I have been off contract for a couple of years now.
    AND they gave me $120.00 credit!!.
    I received my phone on Friday June 2nd! BTW-I love it!

Edit: They billed my credit card the $679.00 and applied a $120.00 credit to my bill. I've already received the email confirmations.
    06-04-17 10:12 PM
    Looks like I'll be searching for a Telus corporate store to buy outright. Then I can pop my Koodo SIM straight in and I'm on the road- I need to keep whatsapp up and running past June.

Shame I cant see a way of cutting down from 3 though. New corporate plan doesn't have blackberry and doesn't do BYOD.
    06-05-17 01:47 PM
55 123