I walked into Rogers and they had the stock but would not sell it to me. How do I get this phone?
    05-31-17 04:18 PM
    Same thing happened to me, except that I am with Rogers already. I just wanted to buy the phone and no modifications to my existing plan. WTF?
    05-31-17 04:21 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you. This is infuriating.
    05-31-17 04:22 PM
    Can you just say you are adding another line and would like to put the phone on the new line. Then cancel the new line the next day and swap sims?
    05-31-17 04:25 PM
    Same thing happened to me, except that I am with Rogers already. I just wanted to buy the phone and no modifications to my existing plan. WTF?
    Luck of the draw. I walked into a bell store today and bought it outright with no problems.
    05-31-17 04:28 PM
    Best bet is to call all your local stores and ask if they have stock and willing to sell outright.

That's How I got the passport
    05-31-17 04:40 PM
    Does anyone know if the Telus version will work with Koodo?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 05:13 PM
    It should. How did you get telus to sell it to you?
    05-31-17 05:40 PM
    Does anyone know if the Telus version will work with Koodo?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will.

Like Rogers keyone works on fido
    05-31-17 05:41 PM
    I am in Markham.
    I have an extra one coming.
    I bought 1 outright
    My pre-order I believe has been shipped.
    I will send search it back
    05-31-17 08:49 PM
    I am in Markham.
    I have an extra one coming.
    I bought 1 outright
    My pre-order I believe has been shipped.
    I will send search it back
    Forgot to mention it is from Rogers.
    05-31-17 08:50 PM
    This is complete and utter BS.

If I were you, I'd do the following:

1) Tweet @rogers help. Ask "Can I buy a phone outright at a Rogers store?"

2) Wait for their response (100% will be "Yes").

3) Walk into Rogers and [not mentioning KEYone], say you'd like to buy a phone as a gift.

4a) If they say okay, THEN say you'd like to buy the KEYone.

4b) If they say no, then show them the Tweet. If they refuse, ask them for their name and Employee ID to file an official complaint with head office. Also ask to speak to a manager.

4b Alternative) Pull out your phone and tell them you're posting this LIVE and that you'd like them to state officially that Rogers does not sell phones outright -- this is how those airlines employees got fired/into trouble and I'm sure they'll avoid drama over this.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-31-17 09:04 PM
    Bell had one in stock I am a Freedom mobile guy. Bought phone, they added the lowest price plan I could get monthly plan. I can cancel tomorrow they said, keep the phone as I paid outright and then my source can get me my unlock code. Rogers had the phone but they said it's our only one and you have to wait 30 days to unlock it if you buy it outright. They are full of BS. My biggest thing is the monopoly the cariers have over consumer choice, I have money you have phone I buy phone you get my money. Do they honselty think lots of people are out there with money to drop? No they prefer contracts no big deal! I sold my PPSE to part fund the device. I cannot wait until sometime in June for factory unlocked as I was led to beleive that Canadians could buy it. Not so after all eh?

Waiting to buy my K1
    05-31-17 09:09 PM
    You can unlock the phone right away, don't believe what carriers tell you, it's just a scam to make you stay with them.
    05-31-17 09:13 PM
    My carrier is Virgin Canada. I bought the Keyone this afternoon from Bell for $699 and bought a one month plan for $25 which they told me I can cancel in a few days. I put my Sim from Virgin in the Keyone and just put the Bell one month Sim in an envelope. I will unlock the Keyone when I find someone at the mall to do it. Bell transferred over my contacts for me.
    05-31-17 09:25 PM
    I walked into Rogers and they had the stock but would not sell it to me. How do I get this phone?
    Well that's a win regardless. I'm with Rogers and they had run out or just had reserved, stock left. So frustrating
    05-31-17 09:25 PM
    Only at Rogers Plus Stores (corporate store) can you buy month to month contract. Google location near you.
    05-31-17 10:20 PM
    You can unlock the phone right away, don't believe what carriers tell you, it's just a scam to make you stay with them.
    Yes you can unlock right away, but carriers won't do it until you had the phone for a certain period.

Now I thought that if a phone is bought outright, they legally have to unlock it right away.... but i am not sure
    05-31-17 10:39 PM
    3) Walk into Rogers and [not mentioning KEYone], say you'd like to buy a phone as a gift.
    An update: I just bought my second KEYone from a Rogers store in Metrotown (here in the Greater Vancouver Area). Told them it's a gift for a Rogers customer.

When asked what their number was, said I didn't have it on me and then told them to "log" the sale under my phone number.
    Attached Thumbnails how to purchase phone if you do not belong to a major carrier -  Canada-58037.jpg  
    05-31-17 10:46 PM
    Can you just say you are adding another line and would like to put the phone on the new line. Then cancel the new line the next day and swap sims?
    It doesn't work that way. They would be doing a new line activation either to an existing account or a new one. If you cancel the new line and do not return equipment under their return policy, you will be billed the entire amount of the hardware subsidy.
    06-01-17 07:21 AM
    An update: I just bought my second KEYone from a Rogers store in Metrotown (here in the Greater Vancouver Area). Told them it's a gift for a Rogers customer.

When asked what their number was, said I didn't have it on me and then told them to "log" the sale under my phone number.
    Were you helped by a young looking Chinese dude? I bought mine outright as well there yesterday
    Empyrean likes this.
    06-01-17 07:55 AM
    Were you helped by a young looking Chinese dude? I bought mine outright as well there yesterday
    Yeah! And he was training another guy at the time, too.
    06-01-17 08:10 AM
    It should. How did you get telus to sell it to you?
    You to find a corporate Telus store, not a franchise. Franchise won't sell because they make their money on selling contracts. A Telus Corp store would sell the device, but won't unlock it for 3 months. But the challenge is finding a corporate owned Telus store that has it.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    06-01-17 12:43 PM
    Will a carrier phone that has been unlocked receive updates from the original carrier or from BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 08:17 AM
    Will a carrier phone that has been unlocked receive updates from the original carrier or from BlackBerry?
    My understanding is that the security updates will still come through the carrier even after it is unlocked.
    06-02-17 09:24 AM
55 123