So I have been using the K1 now for a couple of weeks and kind of feel like the honeymoon is over. Don't get me wrong...it is a great device. My problem is I so love the basic functions of a true BB OS. The gestures and of course the Hub are just so much better and more fluid on a true BB device. It seems as if the K1 is simply Android with a few BB type options. I would think given that Android is such an open and flexible system that some developer could create a launcher of sorts that would make the device look and function like a true BB. I would think the hardware is more than capable. There has to be a way. I don't know how much anyone else would pay for such a development but I would be willing to shell out some cash. This phone functioning like a BB with the app gap closed would result in the perfect device (IMHO).
    06-28-17 09:08 PM
    So I have been using the K1 now for a couple of weeks and kind of feel like the honeymoon is over. Don't get me wrong...it is a great device. My problem is I so love the basic functions of a true BB OS. The gestures and of course the Hub are just so much better and more fluid on a true BB device. It seems as if the K1 is simply Android with a few BB type options. I would think given that Android is such an open and flexible system that some developer could create a launcher of sorts that would make the device look and function like a true BB. I would think the hardware is more than capable. There has to be a way. I don't know how much anyone else would pay for such a development but I would be willing to shell out some cash. This phone functioning like a BB with the app gap closed would result in the perfect device (IMHO).
    But the number of people wanting to make their android phone (keyone) mimic BB10 os is so limited and thus there is little impetus for a developer to invest the time and effort.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-17 09:19 PM
    I paid $4.99 for Nova Prime & it's the closest I can get to mimicking BB10. If a launcher were available with the Hub baked in, I'd buy it. But not for much more than the average price.

Currently, I have removed all icons including the app drawer from my home screen. Only leaving the phone, device search & camera icons in the dock, much like BB10. And using the Icon Pack 10, they're actually the same icons. Throw in the standard clock widget & it's pretty similar to the home page of BB10, without the recent apps also populating there.

My next 2 pages are all of the apps that are in my app drawer. I've stopped using the app drawer entirely. I just have my 2 screens of apps like on my Z30. Swipe up for the Hub. It's not swipe right & the Hub still has to launch, but with it being open basically all day, it's snappy enough.
    06-28-17 09:53 PM
    I paid $4.99 for Nova Prime & it's the closest I can get to mimicking BB10. If a launcher were available with the Hub baked in, I'd buy it. But not for much more than the average price.

Currently, I have removed all icons including the app drawer from my home screen. Only leaving the phone, device search & camera icons in the dock, much like BB10. And using the Icon Pack 10, they're actually the same icons. Throw in the standard clock widget & it's pretty similar to the home page of BB10, without the recent apps also populating there.

My next 2 pages are all of the apps that are in my app drawer. I've stopped using the app drawer entirely. I just have my 2 screens of apps like on my Z30. Swipe up for the Hub. It's not swipe right & the Hub still has to launch, but with it being open basically all day, it's snappy enough.
    I am trying it out. Thanks for the info. I noticed the top information bar went away on the homepage after starting the launcher. Is this a setting?
    06-29-17 02:52 PM
    I am trying it out. Thanks for the info. I noticed the top information bar went away on the homepage after starting the launcher. Is this a setting?
    If you're referring to the notification bar, there is a setting to show/hide under Look & Feel in the Nova settings.
    06-29-17 02:55 PM
    Notification bar, battery status, cellular status, etc. I tried changing that setting but it is still hidden. Thank you though.
    06-29-17 03:04 PM