View Poll Results: Do you use BlackBerry Hub?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. My prior device ran BB10.

54 53.47%
  • Yes. My prior device ran Android or iOS.

28 27.72%
  • No.

1 0.99%
  • No, I disabled it.

18 17.82%
    Through other reviewers such as Mr. Mobile and Android Central, I learned that BlackBerry Hub is a resource-hog on Android. Personally I found this to be true when I disabled Hub and noted my KEYone to act smoother. I had also demo'd Hub on my Nexus 6P, and one thing I found was it drained my battery fast.

That said, I see a lot of users using it, and no doubt many are used to it from BB10, where I'm coming from Android and have no previous ties to it.

So do you use it, and why? Which OS did you come from prior the KEYone?
    James Aiu likes this.
    06-13-17 03:31 PM
    Came from BB10 on the Passport. Definitely using the hub. have it mapped to my convenience key
    06-13-17 03:38 PM
    I tried it when I got my KEYone. I wanted to give it a shot to try to embrace the entire BlackBerry experience. After about a week, I disabled it. I have switched to Textra for messaging (just really like the options it gives) and Mailwise for email (my favourite email App on Android).

I can't say I have found this to speed up my BlackBerry but I do think I get better battery life this way. Though I could just be crazy!
    06-13-17 03:39 PM
    I use it and was one of the first one to mention disabling it makes KEYᵒⁿᵉ noticeably fast and smooth.

However I'm still using it and now simply reboots the phone every now and then. It's one of the best apps for my emails. I do use IMs in their own apps though. Hub for me is mainly for emails and SMS.
    06-13-17 03:59 PM
    I have disabled all blackberry services stuff.
    JeBe4 and knightfall like this.
    06-13-17 04:02 PM
    Hello,

Coming BBOS10 Classic I hope Hub on android is powerfull as on BBOS10.
    Without BB Softs I don't have any reason to keep Android !

Kr,
    Moo
    06-13-17 04:06 PM
    It just doesn't feel the same as the hub on BB10. I disabled it.
    velkod likes this.
    06-13-17 04:09 PM
    I use Hub + and prefer it more than BB10 Hub
    06-13-17 04:12 PM
    The Hub for me is one of the main reasons to consider the KEYone. Mapped it to my convenience key and configured Android as much as possible to resemble BB10 😉. Hub on android is not as smooth as on BB10 but it supports so much more channels (eg Slack) that I take that for granted.
    puffski and pizzawheel like this.
    06-13-17 04:16 PM
    I have no previous ties to it, and frankly, don't find the concept of aggregating all communications that appealing compared to keeping them in their separate spaces. I usually try things out first, but this was a rare case where I disabled it immediately. That's due to the reports of duplicate notifications, messages, etc. as well as disrupting the standalone apps (such as gmail must be disabled for hub to work right) - these are the kinds of annoyances I would rather not deal with when adopting a new app.
    06-13-17 04:17 PM
    I have disabled all blackberry services stuff.
    Does not that disable the ability to use the BlackBerry launcher? I haven't tried it yet to know.
    06-13-17 04:18 PM
    I use it, but mainly because so far my KEYone doesn't act slow despite it. The convenience of having everything in one place is just too good for me. I really cannot stand the whole jumping all around the entire os just to check the notifications and to read previous messages...
    Sarek1701 and pizzawheel like this.
    06-13-17 04:20 PM
    i use it, not as much as on BB10 though (because there i didn't have a notification tray like on android, so i have no other way as to use the hub)

i like the new features of it. But needs some improvements for WhatsApp for example. Can't see my own messages.

For emailing it's great. Better than always switching to gmail and look through all mails
    06-13-17 04:26 PM
    Long time BlackBerry user. Migrated over to Android with the Priv. I'm so accustomed to using the Hub that can't imagine using a BlackBerry without it.
    06-13-17 04:28 PM
    I use the BlackBerry Hub without issues for years. What is the OP's point? Surely not a resource hog.
    06-13-17 04:31 PM
    I hate badge notifications with a burning passion. Hub saved my life
    ridmaur likes this.
    06-13-17 04:32 PM
    Long time BlackBerry user. Migrated over to Android with the Priv. I'm so accustomed to using the Hub that can't imagine using a BlackBerry without it.
    I second this too ...
    And for which alternative ... 90% of Android softs are ads enabled and I don't need to have publicity for shoes or condoms on my phone
    06-13-17 04:34 PM
    I use it and love it. My work email goes to BlackBerry Work so the Hub is all my personal feeds.
    06-13-17 04:48 PM
    I use it but am tempted to see the performance of the phone with it disabled.
    06-13-17 04:52 PM
    The Hub is working fine for me, speaking for the general performance. The only annoying thing is Whatsapp sync when sending (this issue has been around the forum for a while). I wish they can fix it. I have tried to use without Hub and BB services but is a waste of time. in this case is better to buy e Pixel phone.
    06-13-17 04:59 PM
    Use it daily and mapped it to my convenience key. A blackberry isn't a blackberry without the Hub!
    ridmaur and Leonatthebeach like this.
    06-13-17 05:07 PM
    I do use it on my device, it's one of the things I actually really enjoyed during my month long run with the Priv in December of last year, and missed upon returning back to iOS.

I regularly spent my entire day simply in the "Messages" app on my old Curve 8900 and Bold 9000/9700, so the Hub is as close as we get to that these days.

It's interesting to know that some performance gains could be had via disabling it, but honestly I've not had any real performance or battery life issue on my device, not to mention the BlackBerry functionality is something that factored into my decision to buy this device in the first place.
    06-13-17 05:12 PM
    I am always using it and can't imagine managing my communications without it !
    06-13-17 05:13 PM
    I'm using in on my s7 while I save to hopefully get a keyone.
    06-13-17 05:16 PM
    I disabled that piece of garbage that gives me double notifications (both in the app itself and the hub) and my phone feels snappier without it. Never liked it even in the old BB days. I like my notifications displayed separately not everything under one roof.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-13-17 05:42 PM
180 123 ...