Well depends

If I hear anything for the Ghost Pro or a more premiumish slab from TCL I plan on waiting.

If not, will wait till October and decide between the latest and greatest slabs from other OEMs.
    05-15-18 08:57 AM
    My KeyOne will be replaced right away by the Key2. The sooner I get rid of this bad camera the better.
    05-15-18 09:28 AM
    Until I get to see the specs on the Key2
    05-15-18 10:20 AM
    People are still using Q10's/Classics which have a 2013 processor in 2018.

I'm pretty sure the 625 is good until 2021. That said, the Black Edition's memory/storage bumps will do better by then
    This is not very fair, though. BB10 made none significant progress during the years (as there was no need to do that). Yep, new functions had been added during the time etc., but many of the apps stayed the same all the time. That made Passport so fast (incredibly fast comparing the old S4 chips) and allowed so old bricks like Q10 and Z30 still usable even today.

However, once you make a step off from the BB10 closed world, it gets really unusable today (web browser). At that point, no other optimisation is going to be a real solution as the hardware is actually miles behind todays standards.

So, yes. They are definitely going to be usable even in 5 years. The question is, if anybody is going to have the patience to actually use it. Android is, luckily & unfortunately, completely different (I am sure you get the point!).
    05-15-18 12:18 PM
    My KeyOne will be replaced right away by the Key2. The sooner I get rid of this bad camera the better.
    What is wrong with your camera?

Check out Post 1134 in

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13187545

Also check out some of the other images
    Last edited by FF22; 05-16-18 at 12:09 AM.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-15-18 06:52 PM
    I would move to Key2 if the Android system is much improved (maybe P version?) Navigating in the current Android is frustrating and Google's ever presence is annoying. There is something to be said for elegant simplicity (BB OS10). BTW, the camera in my Key1 takes great pictures.
    05-15-18 10:09 PM
    As lond as possible or until something better with a pKb comes out. As for how it compares, I am probably in the minority but I liked the 9900 and the classic a lot better. Way too much two handedness for me.
    I'm with you. I am going to use my KEYone until the second PKB device (BBG100-1?) comes out this year, and is hopefully more Q10ish in size.
    Uglyindian likes this.
    05-15-18 10:13 PM
    I've already moved on and my KEYone is in my display case. Using my Motion now and will be picking up a KEY² on release day
    You have a display case?
    05-15-18 10:17 PM
    until BlackBerry release an all touch phablet , 5.7 or bigger , something that looks like the upcoming ghost , I like my Keyone, but today I activated my on screen keyboard and man dooo I miss it soo much !! motion is hideous ! nothing compared to my previous PRIV
    ardakca likes this.
    05-16-18 01:00 AM
    until BlackBerry release an all touch phablet , 5.7 or bigger , something that looks like the upcoming ghost , I like my Keyone, but today I activated my on screen keyboard and man dooo I miss it soo much !! motion is hideous ! nothing compared to my previous PRIV
    I agree. Motion is not a nice looking device. They should have removed the keyboard from the keyone on put on an all touch screen on its front. Voila. Nice looking phone for you.
    05-16-18 03:58 AM
    I agree. Motion is not a nice looking device. They should have removed the keyboard from the keyone on put on an all touch screen on its front. Voila. Nice looking phone for you.
    Meh, that would only be cool if BBMo actually made the design modular similar to the Moto Z mod with those magnetic pins in the back. That way there would be just the single body, and a removable PKB + 4.5 inch screen module, or an all-screen 5.5 inch module. But that would involve a whole new set of engineering... and that kind of device would not have cost 550$ at launch lol.

That being said, BBMo should seriously stop with the square top corners. Leave that design cue to rest with the Passport
    05-16-18 04:09 AM
    Not super interested in the KeyTwo, but with the way Android P is shaping up I'm keeping an eye out for the KeyThree.

Actually thinking of selling my KeyOne at the moment, though. I'm trying to cut back on stress in my life and I've always found Android more stressful than the alternatives (kind of the same, I've always found Windows more stressful than MacOS), so I'm giving my Passport a trial run to see if I can live without being able to constantly download all the most cutting edge apps (part of the problem).

Then I might skip the KeyTwo, and by the time BlackBerry World disappears for good the KeyThree will hopefully be a thing, with OS gestures and all.
    Uglyindian likes this.
    05-16-18 09:41 AM
    I own an iPhone 7 Plus. I love iOS messaging and integration, but I was given an iPad 9.7 for christmas. I have been keeping my eyes on the KeyOne for some time now and may finally pull the trigger. I was gonna go the two phone route but I may just give up my iPhone and just bring my iPad around for when I need it. The Key2 may be the device I go for also. Just not sure and I'm thinking of different scenarios in my head, which would be getting the KeyOne after the Key2 is announced due to a price drop that's bound to happen, or just get a brand new Key2 with the money I make selling off my iPhone. We will see
    05-16-18 11:22 AM
    You have a display case?
    Its more like a Shrine.....
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-16-18 03:58 PM
    As soon as the key 2 will be available in the market I will do the switch.
    05-16-18 04:28 PM
    Its more like a Shrine.....
    I was thinking of putting my questionably acquired* red Z10 in a shadow box at some point.

*Questionably acquired in that I bought the red body/back and swapped my phone's internals. I did not earn it the proper way like a real developer.
    05-16-18 05:51 PM
    You have a display case?
    Doesn't everyone ?
    FF22, Sigewif, falbo and 4 others like this.
    05-16-18 07:17 PM
    I've already moved on and my KEYone is in my display case. Using my Motion now and will be picking up a KEY² on release day
    And you know you are just aching for those physical keys again...
    Carjackd and the_boon like this.
    05-16-18 09:11 PM
    I think the KEYone takes excellent photos. Maybe something is wrong with yours.
    05-16-18 09:17 PM
    I will keep my BlackBerry PRIV and BlackBerry KEYone as long as they function with the applications which I regularly use. it would be great if BlackBerry supported BlackBerry Android smartphones for a minimum of 10 years but 5 would be acceptable.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-16-18 09:17 PM
    I am happy with my KEYone but have to admit the KEY2 sounds very appealing to me. The duel camera it is rumored to be getting is of interest. I will wait to see what the specs are. I am "one of those" who would love a PRIV2 type device and would go for one right away with that form factor.
    05-16-18 09:36 PM
    And you know you are just aching for those physical keys again...
    Absolutely!
    05-16-18 11:28 PM
    Have to agree. I think it takes great pics. Probably the best camera built into a BlackBerry device although the image stabilization on the priv was pretty sweet!
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-16-18 11:30 PM
    Have to agree. I think it takes great pics. Probably the best camera built into a BlackBerry device although the image stabilization on the priv was pretty sweet!
    Yes, I have been very pleased with the Priv camera. I like how it does macro shots. Maybe it is that it has 18 megapixels. I also have found it excellent for landscapes. But the KEYone seems to do better in other ways, for example, low-light photos among other things.
    05-17-18 03:07 AM
    I had the Samsung S8 before and am pretty shocked about the poor quality of the KeyOne as BB is claiming to have the best sensor inside. If light is good, ok. But if mid or low light... disappointing. It is hard to take a sharp pic -even with HDR off. With the S8 almost any picture is bright and sharp. Even without the best sensor in the market :-D So picture wise I miss my S8. I also miss the Motion Shot that allows me to chose the best pic.

OK, I will try another KeyOne. But I dont think mine is broken. Let's see.
    05-17-18 10:10 AM
52 123