Hey guys, did a quick search not sure tbh but it's probably already out there.

Anyone who wants the advantage of the speedkey on KEYᵒⁿᵉ just download this app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper

Then create the combination shortcuts like the attached picture, right shift + R = Reddit etc. You can create right shift + many other keys to mimic your BlackBerry launcher shortcuts.

Been using this feature long before the speedkey on the KEY², works great! Eventually I got sick of using combination keys since it's hard to do one handed and just started inputting double click on certain keys for apps that I use most, works great on letters you never type consecutively, would be super annoying otherwise.

Last edited by BLAZEDv3; 07-20-18 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Adding more info
    07-20-18 12:13 PM
    hmm, nice tip!
    BLAZEDv3 likes this.
    07-20-18 02:02 PM
    This is a fantastic tip. Requires in-app purchase to unlock premium features, but it's well worth it. Once configured, it acts exactly like the Speed Key. Only hiccup comes when you're in a text field and use the shortcut (it activates caps lock if you hold it too long). Small issue that should rarely happen.
    07-20-18 08:18 PM
    nice info
    07-21-18 04:25 AM
    Many thanks !!!
    07-21-18 04:38 AM
    Short press conflict with my key press when i'm typing, so doesn't work as intented.
    07-21-18 06:25 AM
    Short press conflict with my key press when i'm typing, so doesn't work as intented.
    Could you give more detail? Thanks.
    07-21-18 08:17 AM
    Could you give more detail? Thanks.
    The app should ignore my key press when i'm typing to chit chat or comment for example but it doesn't. Like i add facebook for "F" , and i expect to jump right to facebook everytime i press F key, except when i'm typing, but it doesn't. I have to turn it off for typing normal.
    07-21-18 08:24 AM
    it works fine for me since I use the left shift or just long press a key to capitalise it. not sure I understand where the problem. BTW this trick should end up in the CB frontpage...with the future oreo update there is just the specs and the pkb difference for keyone vs key2...
    BLAZEDv3 likes this.
    07-21-18 09:34 AM
    it works fine for me since I use the left shift or just long press a key to capitalise it. not sure I understand where the problem. BTW this trick should end up in the CB frontpage...with the future oreo update there is just the specs and the pkb difference for keyone vs key2...
    Using combination or long press is no problem for me. Only the short press. There is an app call "shortcut keys" have an ability to ignore the short key press when typing but only work with some app like messenger, tumblr.
    The short press is the quickest way to jump to any app, without speed key. Too bad, the perfect app for it not exist yet.
    07-21-18 09:46 AM
    Yes, you need to do a combination like the KEY² or maybe a double short press, a single short press would be very annoying.
    Felipe Arriaza likes this.
    07-21-18 09:48 AM
    Yes, you need to do a combination like the KEY² or maybe a double short press, a single short press would be very annoying.
    not at all, realy to me. just try the app call Shortcut keys, made by ToZ Develoment and you will see what i mean. If single short press work except for when you typing or use ctrl c, v, etc, it gonna be perfect., expecially for one hand.
    07-21-18 09:55 AM
    Yeah, I understand what you mean but I spend a lot of time on my phone in text fields due to work and even personal use so I require the ability to switch apps while in a text field, combination and double press works best for me via button remapper.

Good to know there are other shortcut apps which fit peoples specific needs, definitely worth trying out.
    07-21-18 09:59 AM
    I had that programmed a while back. but for some reason, the app it switched to appears on the screen but does not respond to screen touch.

I use the SYM + shortcut key now and it works fine although it sometimes brings up the virtual number pad.

Too lazy to program in all my shortcuts. LOL. Patiently waiting for KEY2 to be refined through software bug fixes and hardware quality to be ironed out.
    07-21-18 05:29 PM
    Interesting, I've never had any touch issues with it so far, works exactly like the KEY².
    The developer has also taken initiative in recent months to make it BlackBerry friendly, when you setup your shortcuts you can now press the letter you want to use rather than scroll through hundreds of inputs, makes setting up shortcuts pretty quick and easy.
    I had that programmed a while back. but for some reason, the app it switched to appears on the screen but does not respond to screen touch.

I use the SYM + shortcut key now and it works fine although it sometimes brings up the virtual number pad.

Too lazy to program in all my shortcuts. LOL. Patiently waiting for KEY2 to be refined through software bug fixes and hardware quality to be ironed out.
    07-21-18 05:34 PM
    Interesting, I've never had any touch issues with it so far, works exactly like the KEY².
    The developer has also taken initiative in recent months to make it BlackBerry friendly, when you setup your shortcuts you can now press the letter you want to use rather than scroll through hundreds of inputs, makes setting up shortcuts pretty quick and easy.
    only 1 or 2 apps had the response issue when switched that way. Specifically it was WeChat and some other one.

I have the Premium version of Buttons Remapper. Great app. Double Click convenience key for flashlight is my favorite use. Works even with the phone screen off and locked (might take several tries though).
    07-21-18 05:47 PM
    not at all, realy to me. just try the app call Shortcut keys, made by ToZ Develoment and you will see what i mean. If single short press work except for when you typing or use ctrl c, v, etc, it gonna be perfect., expecially for one hand.
    I tried Shortcut keys too. Nice work by the developer but the version I tried does not work with homescreen shortcuts like opening a linked webpage. Hope to see more refinement on that app as it has the potential to let us truly get away using BlackBerry Launcher.
    07-21-18 05:51 PM
    when I use this app, keyboard scrolling does not work. is this normal or did I do something wrong? I purchased the app.
    07-21-18 09:31 PM
    Never experienced that. Try a restart or reinstall.
    when I use this app, keyboard scrolling does not work. is this normal or did I do something wrong? I purchased the app.
    07-21-18 09:53 PM
    Why does this app need to track my cc and passwords?
    07-21-18 10:23 PM
    Never experienced that. Try a restart or reinstall.
    It happens sporadically. Even after reinstall and reboot.
    07-22-18 03:56 AM
    never had any issues with this app...works like a charm in the different apps I have ranging from whatsapp bbm gmail calendar CB flipboard maps
    07-22-18 06:46 AM
    Why does this app need to track my cc and passwords?
    That's a generic comment from the OS when you enable accessibility permissions for any app that can view button input.

Button remapper does not release any of your data, it stays within the device and has no external logging, I confirmed this by looking at the data usage in my last cycle, even with background data enabled there is no data leakage. Not sure about other shortcut apps.
    Zukadomis likes this.
    07-22-18 07:06 AM
    I agree, the missing homescreen shortcuts does take away from the Shortcut Keys app. I also disliked how I cannot use any application specific shortcuts while within the app, such as "B" to scroll to the bottom since all the keys are mapped to opening apps with a single press. I'll stick with Button Remapper till something better comes out.

Overall it's good to see developer support for more applications like these, great for us BlackBerry users.

The Bold 9900 had a couple great apps for instant shortcuts called "Shortcut Me" and "Advanced OS & LED," photo attached. These apps allowed you to setup infinite shortcuts, for example "C" for Camera and "CL" for clock and maybe "CB" for CrackBerry, you simply type the keys then press "enter" to initiate. Further more they also supported macros, fire off a shortcut and the app would complete a set of inputs customized by the user, this made the Bold 9900 the most efficient device to date. Sadly the Android OS isn't specific to BlackBerry and thus macros via physical keyboard wouldn't really work, still worth a try if any developer is willing to work on it.

I tried Shortcut keys too. Nice work by the developer but the version I tried does not work with homescreen shortcuts like opening a linked webpage. Hope to see more refinement on that app as it has the potential to let us truly get away using BlackBerry Launcher.
    Last edited by BLAZEDv3; 07-22-18 at 07:44 AM.
    07-22-18 07:23 AM
    That's a generic comment from the OS when you enable accessibility permissions for any app that can view button input.

Button remapper does not release any of your data, it stays within the device and has no external logging, I confirmed this by looking at the data usage in my last cycle, even with background data enabled there is no data leakage. Not sure about other shortcut apps. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0284f1033f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...98c1593e1a.jpg
    Thank you. Just hate seeing things like that. I just saw a PC video about KEY² and they claimed if you are want real security go with iOS. Not android. But if you go with Android go with Samsung instead.
    07-24-18 07:44 AM
33 12