I need to do a complete wipe of my KeyOne. Recently I have experienced issues trying to connect it to my computer so that I can upload my contacts 1st, before I do the "wipe." In the past, each time when I would connect via the USB port on my computer, one of the options was for "data and charge", then I would pick it, then I would get a popup on my phone with choices to transfer files, etc. As long as I chose one of those, immediately my computer would recognize my KeyOne and allow me to access my SD card to upload the files to my KeyOne and then transfer or drag that file to my computer.

Now however, on both my home and my office computers, when I connect via USB, the computer doesn't recognize that my phone is connected and I am no longer getting the option to choose "data and charge." So, is there a way to connect to my computer and manually allow the ability to connect my computer somehow to my KeyOne so I can grab files?
    10-02-19 01:40 PM
    So, is there a way to connect to my computer and manually allow the ability to connect my computer somehow to my KeyOne so I can grab files?
    Did you enable developer mode? If so, disable it and then connect.
    10-02-19 02:38 PM
    Did you enable developer mode? If so, disable it and then connect.
    That shouldn't be necessary. I would reboot your KEYone and your computer and try again. If that doesn't work, try a different USB 3 cable. I've had that happen at times when I selected charge and later wanted to change to data and charge.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 02:41 PM
    I need to do a complete wipe of my KeyOne. Recently I have experienced issues trying to connect it to my computer so that I can upload my contacts 1st, before I do the "wipe." In the past, each time when I would connect via the USB port on my computer, one of the options was for "data and charge", then I would pick it, then I would get a popup on my phone with choices to transfer files, etc. As long as I chose one of those, immediately my computer would recognize my KeyOne and allow me to access my SD card to upload the files to my KeyOne and then transfer or drag that file to my computer.

Now however, on both my home and my office computers, when I connect via USB, the computer doesn't recognize that my phone is connected and I am no longer getting the option to choose "data and charge." So, is there a way to connect to my computer and manually allow the ability to connect my computer somehow to my KeyOne so I can grab files?
    Does it show that your KeyOne is charging? When you swipe down from the top, at the bottom of your notifications should be a "System UI" line item, that says something like "Connected and charging". Tap on it, and it would say your device is in "Charge Only" mode. Tap again to open it up, and select the transfer files options. Can you give that a try?
    10-02-19 02:41 PM
    HI skilas: When I find that notification and tap on it, I only get the options to charge or boost. It won't give me the data and charge option. bb10adopter111 I rebooted my phone and that worked! Thanks so much. Also, thanks Bla1ze for chiming in too.
    skilas and Bla1ze like this.
    10-02-19 02:51 PM
    HI skilas: When I find that notification and tap on it, I only get the options to charge or boost. It won't give me the data and charge option. bb10adopter111 I rebooted my phone and that worked! Thanks so much. Also, thanks Bla1ze for chiming in too.
    Awesome! That may be my first time actually helping a BlackBerry Android user!

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    10-02-19 03:33 PM